Ratings for Dr. John R. Carter

This stuff that I have read on here about this wonderful man has blown my mind. I came to WK Bossier as a Military wife and Dr.Eldore was my assigned Dr. and I loved him. He relocated and I was assigned to a lady that it appears that most of you are describing... Leslie Dean, that had awful bedside manner. she barely spoke to me!! She would enter the room and prescribe me a different birth control pill for my horrific periods and shove a hysterectomy pamphlet in my face. After several episodes of that, I snapped at the front desk and demanded another Dr and a second opinion asap!!!!!! They explained that they had to let her know and blah blah blah. I ended up getting assigned to Dr. Carter :) :) Dr. Carter went right to work. We did several test and this and that and this option and that option, needless to say I have my self some beautiful baby twin boys ( now 7) after all of that work he was with me all the way. I mean every step of the way!!!!! He helped me find the best Pediatrician for those boys considering I was starting all over as a civilian wife and no longer a navy wife. He also helped me find the best primary care physician for myself. I consider that man like family and trust him with my life and now he is my 23 year olds ob-gyn dr and she tell her friend's about him and I'm always telling co-workers and strangers my testimony about what an angel he has been for me. I was just telling someone to switch to him two days ago and that my daughter would be happy to speak on his be half to her young teen about how comfortable he makes the visit for young girls. My daughter be almost in tears when she cant reach him. LOL:) I said all of that to say I love me some John Carter and I hate that there are folks out there that think he is a bad person because he has a heart of gold, I even named one of the twins Carter in his honor. I Love me some Dr. Carter Ps. I miss Mae Ellen & Brandy and my sweet friend Bonnie in the Billing office:)

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

If you question anything he says regarding the diagnosis he will drop you as a patient

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

I have heard very disturbing things about this dr.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2014

I JUST LOVE DR CARTER, HES THE BEST,My first visit with him, he took me into his office and spoke with me before, he had me to go into the exam, I thoughts that was great, I've never been to another OBGYN that has ever done that, It made me feel so much better, that he took time out of his busy schedule, to find out why I was at his office. he answered all my questions, and I have been seeing him for 4 years now, and just hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2013

This is the best doctor ever. So friendly and knows what he is talking about. His nurses are excellent. He makes you feel at home. So the above comment on yelling - he never does that unless you are extremely over weight.....come on you should know to take care of yourself. I would recommend him always......He is the BEST !!!!!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Dr. Carter was not a good doctor for me and I felt that if you were not pregnant he had no interest in helping you. He doped you up without investigating the cause. I saw him for years for uncontrollable menstrual bleeding when off BCP, and he would just dope me up on them when I had problems. He never ordered blood work, other than a glucose test and when that came back bad he stated I had PCOS but with my family history of Diabetes that should have been checked. He never ordered ultrasound to confirm PCOS and it turns out I did not have it. In 2010 I had uncontrollable bleeding that even on 2 BCP per day it would not stop. I finally sought a second opinion (Dr. Pineda in Shreveport) who ordered a battery of tests and an ultrasound. He found a cantaloupe sized Teratoma in my pelvic area that had to be surgically removed. Thankfully it was not cancerous and since my November 2010 surgery I have had regular, normal predictable periods.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2012

Extremely unprofessional demeanor, including abusive comments about my weight and twice, he literally yelled at me (once with someone else in the room, once with no witness). From first visit refused to discuss medical reasons for decisions, contemptuous comments about patient's religious/ethical views. Would not allow nurse in room for treatments and checkups. Refused to answer direct queries about conditions, treatment options, and care. Office policy did not allow me to transfer to another doctor in the group. Would not release records in a timely manner, nor would he sign hospital records in a timely manner. Bedside manner at the hospital was atrocious, extremely distressing to patient and family members. Have begun complaint processes against this physician.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2008

The best!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2007

Dr. John R. Carter's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1984)

Commercial Insurance Company