Ratings for Dr. W.A. Ruzycki

Great doctor. Thorough, straight shooter. Wasn't sure how to take him at first but he likes to give it to you straight. If you need coddling and sensitivity maybe go somewhere else but if you want a thorough, honest, straight forward, effective doctor who actually cares for your health then he is the best choice. -TR (also his staff is second to none in helping you out when needed)

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

This guy sucks. He's a dick and could care less about his patients. He's just collecting a paycheque. If you're not a people person, go into a new profession. I would rather go to a mechanic than him for medical advice. BAD ATTITUDE.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

This fellow is an arrogant ass. Not willing to think outside the box. Very judgmental and narrow minded. Not sure how his wonderful staff put up with him.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2012

Staff is excellent! Always punctual unless there is an emergency - which is acceptable and understandable. Very helpful! I have had numerous health issues in the last few years and Dr. Ruzycki has gone above and beyond! When I needed a Specialist he refered me with no hesitation. It was cancer and caught very early thank goodness! Dr. Ruzycki is factual and straight to the point - which I fully appreciate. I'm very lucky to be able to call this man my Dr.!

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

I left crying. I am an adult, professional woman, and he reduced me to tears. He does not take the time to listen, and he is rude and demeaning. When I needed to see him for a 'female' issue that I was scared and unsure about, I didn't even have a chance to ask him about it. He spent the first few min of our time typing then brusquely asked what I wanted. Told him the antibiotics he prescribed hadn't worked, and he looked at me (and I am not even kidding) with barely veiled contempt and rudely said , "Of course they didn't work; you still smoke." He would not even consider the possibility that it may have been ANYTHING else, and I did not have the presence of mind at that time to ask him why he had prescribed them in the first place then! Last straw was when he then continued to type, let out a sigh, and said, 'so is that IT then?'. All I could say was yes, and I walked out..still scared and worried, but now with the added insult of having been belittled and dismissed. He doesn't care

flag | Submitted June 1, 2011

Receptionist is friendly and efficient. Dr. Ruzycki is rushed with his patients and only works a few hours/day. Office visits are in & out, either with a sucker in your mouth or drugs that don't fit the bill. Examinations are hastily done and he watches his computer constantly as you talk to him. He either doesn't listen or doesn't care. He doesn't like to be told what YOU think the problem may be, as we are uneducated idiots & he is the tree of knowledge. My husband saw him for sudden onset of blurred vision. He didn't even examine his eye BUT he DID give him eyedrops for "pinkeye" and told him to come back in 3 or 4 days if it wasn't better. (No referral or ER visit mentioned.) TOO LATE!! My husband had a detached retina and is almost blind in that eye now. Does he not make referrals if he is uncertain? Now, my husband can't work or drive for 6 weeks, possibly longer. He is virtually blind in one eye and may lose his job (truckdriver.) I lost my faith and respect in him.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I would best describe this dr as not having any bed side matter so to speak .I was going to see him for results and i bacically was told nothing and i know for sure there is something there from other results that received. So I'm now looking for another dr. will NOT be back to see him again as far as my family of 5 goes

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

THE ABSOLUTE BEST DOCTOR HERE IN MEDICINE HAT! He is a wonderful man and great at what he does. im glad to have this man as my family doctor not only is he funny he also knows Alot about what he does. I had the honour of being brought into this world by that man. When ever i've seen him he and his Staff have been nothing but kind.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2010

Did not request important tests that would have prevented a cancerous growth from growing very large

flag | Submitted May 1, 2008

I have to say that I am shocked at the good reviews here. I met this so-called doctor in emergency when I was 5 1/2 weeks pregnant. I was having extreme pain as well as a little bleeding. The nurses were very concerned and helpful. But not this doctor. He checked out every other part of my abdomen except for the area that I told him was painful. He refused to order an ultrasound or call in a gyn. He did order a pregnancy test and said, "Oh, you're pregnant!" As if my husband and I didn't know that already, and told me to go home and take Tylenol or Advil and come back if the pain gets bad. I told him the pain was already bad and he offered me a Tylenol. 3 weeks later I had to have emergency surgery to save my life; apparantly I had had a partial miscarriage that didn't expel from my body so the tissue inside became infected and toxic. The surgeon in Calgary was appalled, and said that if he had done more tests in emergency or called in a gyn, they would have seen this.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2008