Ratings for Dr. Jim Livingstone

He's terrible. He was obviously uncomfortable discussing menstauration with me, a young woman. The man is a horrific example for his patients (obese) and there is not much room in his office for more than two people because of this. A family friend came to him because of stomach issues, "doctor" livingstone said there was no problems and a few years later he was dead because of a huge cancerous tumour that he misdiagnosed.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I have seen this doctor for 8 years. He is very difficult to deal with. If he is having a bad day you know it as soon as you see him. His office is always a mess. He will not let me explain myself as he is good at cutting you off. If you create work for him ex. forms he can get hateful and look straight ahead and will not listen to you. Does not take my condition serious as he thinks I'm not entitled to certain things because others are far worse than me. If you have a regular check up and no work for him he is jolly and happy but his personality I cannot get use too. He is very smart and his secretary is excellent. I could be the first patient but he is always 15-20 minutes late. I showed up 2 minutes past my appointment time and waited 15 minutes to see him and he told me I was late for my appointment. If at all possible find a different Doctor.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2016

I have not been to this doctor but my parents are his patients. I wish they were not, I do not like his attitude toward my father's illness. Dr. Livingstone is very slack in his methods of dealing with the sick. His manners are not what a doctor's should be. Dr. Livingstone does not like his patients to see a specialist and get advise, if they do, he will act as though thy do not exist. I know it is very difficult to get a doctor in Bridgewater, and if you are elderly you cannot travel to Halifax or the valley.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Dr. Livingstone has been our family doctor for years. I love his sense of humor. He is very knowledgeable and tells it like it is. I like that. He is not afraid to say he is not comfortable with a procedure and quickly refers you to a specialist. I like that too. I have seen some pretty sad excuses for doctors, especially in South Shore Regional's emergency. I would have no problem recommending Dr. Livingstone to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

He has a very sharp mind and a no-nonsense demeanor. He is upfront with his analysis, always willing to recommend tests or specialists to be thorough. His forward dry sense of humour takes getting used to, but adds interesting / amusing character to his own unique brand of bedside manners.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2013

Rude, ignorant, arrogant and treats his patients like dirt. Tells people with medical problems that it is in their heads. Tells people that they are too fat and that is the whole problem. He should look in the mirror.Do NOT go to this MD.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2011

Took my family of 5 on when we were totally fed up with our other doc. Hardly any waiting time. Got appointments quickly, and in for emergency. Interesting and Intelligent. Has a sense of humor, makes me feel comfortable. Not a pill pusher!!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2007

Have been going to him for years and have never been disappointed. He's an intelligent guy who is quite empathetic when it really matters.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Doc Livingstone has been my doc for about 12 years. He always tries to accomodate me and has always been helpful. Only once did I have any problem getting in to see him if it was important. I would recommend him to anyone. People have to remember that doctor's are people too and they also have bad days.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

While others dismissed my concerns, Dr. Livingstone listened and provided a remedy for my problem. For those who want to work with a Dr. he is excellent. You may, also come to appreciate his special whit, if you make an effort.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2007