Ratings for Dr. Kirsty Sloper

Nothing but good things to say about Dr. Sloper and the staff at Rocky View Maternity. From day one, the ladies at the front desk, doctors and nurses were all friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2017

I miss Dr. Sloper. She saw me through my first pregnancy in 2013/2014. I felt she was knowledgeable and also very reassuring. At the time I wasn't too pleased with the office staff. Financial penalties were implied if you were more then 10 minutes late (this happened but I was never charged), yet you could wait up to 45+ mins. on occasion. Also the triage nurse at the Rockyview was horrendous. Due to the staff surrounding her I decided to try the south hospital and the subsequently attached clinic for my 2nd pregnancy. Big mistake. You see a different doc every time. They barely look at your file. I have to point out the complications to each new doc for each new visit. You definitely feel like cattle being herded through. Their Minimum wait time even if you're their first appointment is 45 mins no matter what. The grass is not always greener. If you get Dr. Sloper you're very lucky. Her staff are a small price to pay in order to know and feel like you're being looked after by someone with competence and who cares.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

This clinic used to be good.im coming for my second pregnancy this year 2015 and its terrible.i had to wait 1 hr few times to see doctor and i have a cranky 1 yr old and im pregnant.i complained few times too and still bad service.but if u are late more than 10mins they charge u.. :( doesnt make sense..im definitly not coming back there for my next pregnancy and i dont recommend this clinic unless u like to wait 1 hr past ure appointment!!!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2015

She is a great doctor, kind, smart, good bedside manner. Highly recommend her

flag | Submitted February 5, 2015

NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL! she was very rude to my daughter in law accusing her of things with NO BASIS AT ALL she is judgemental amd predjudice!! and would not recommend her, the beside manner is horrible! and I am lodging a complaint with AHS!

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

knowledge and helpfulness was great, but her punctuality was terrible. Wait times to see her typically ran over 1 hour of the scheduled appointment. As well, she has a sign in her office that if you are 10 minutes late, you have to reschedule. And, if you miss an appointment, there is a $50 fee. Her office never once contacted me to let me know she was running behind, or even tell me this once upon arrival.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

Dr. Sloper is a great doctor. I had her for both of my pregnancies. She is very kind and took the time to answer all the questions I had during my pregnancy. All though she did not deliver either of my daughters, she was the doctor through both of my pregnancy prenatal care and after care. She and all the other doctors at the Rockyview Maternity Clinic in Calgary are great. If we decide to go for a third child I will once again go back to this clinic. They are all wonderful doctors. Dr. Allison Denesuk delivered our first daughter and she was great. She was able to keep me calm during delivery as I needed to have vacuum assistance. My daughter was delivered and she followed up all through her shift to make sure everything was ok. Dr. Faye Sirianni delivered my second daughter in June 2013. Again, she was great and took the time to explain everything when I had a question.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2013

Dr. Sloper is fantastic, period. She delivered my daughter near the end of a 24hour shift at the end of a fairly complex and difficult labour. She was calm and confident throughout, monitoring my progress very calmly until she had to decide to use te vacuum. Though things could have gone differently due to some complications (arm out, heart rate dropping, short cord, membraneous implant) she didn't freak out, didn't get me worried or rush me off to a c-section. I think her years of experience are what allowed my daughter to be born healthy and happy with minimal intervention. She also was great with the nurses and our doula. She wasn't my doctor through pregnancy but we saw her in the last weeks when I was overdue and required an induction and were so grateful that she was on call the night we were in labour. She is confident and knowledgeable and her matter-of-fact approach is great if you don't want to obsess and worry needlessly.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2012

Doctor is very inexperienced and requires additonal education or training~after delivering my baby she had to leave (before stiching me up) When she returned she stiched up my '2nd degree laceration' EXCEPT I came to find out weeks later I had a 4th degree laceration that required vaginal and anal surgery. If you have had a similar experience I highly recommend you complain to Alberta Health Services and the Alberta College

flag | Submitted March 1, 2012

At 28 weeks my baby was measuring 3.1 lbs (2.2 lbs is expected) based on an ultrasound ordered by Dr Sloper. That, in combination with signs that my baby had dropped already, measuring large overall, very painful Braxton hicks, and dizziness spells, Not Once did she check the length of my cervix. I'm no doctor, but even I would have checked that. As I sit here with my son that arrived 2 months early, I am angry. I did everything I could to tell her I thought something was wrong, and she and her residents poo-pooed my concerns. "that is normal" she said. Well, I disagree. After recently spending a full week in the children's hospital with my son who was suffering from rsv, bronchiolitis and pneumonia (which he caught because his lungs weren't fully developed at birth, and subsequently are weak), I just wanted to tell everyone to trust their Own instincts, because dr Sloper's certainly aren't up to snuff. We spent an entire month in the hospital with our son after he was born.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012