Ratings for Dr. Brian E. O'Byrne

Dr Obyrne was fabulous. I found his attentive and caring. He took more than the average amount of time with me. He made sure I understood my condition and procedure. He is prompt. I would consider him a bit of a perfectionist, which is a great quality for a surgeon. He takes no risks to shorten surgery time or to cut corners. He goes above and beyond any Dr I have ever seen before.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

After Dr. O'Byrne committed errors in my surgery, I spent six months in bed fighting for my life. I incurred another $125,000 in medical debt and spent four years trying to repair the damage he did to me. He never apologized for: hitting and subsequently removing my spleen, never diagnosing my pleural effusion, not properly treating the numerous, subsequent abdominal abscesses, the intense pain and suffering he has caused me these past nine years. I lost four years of time with my children, all of my retirement, my marriage, and my health due to his numerous mistakes. When I saw other physicians in Salt Lake City, they immediately admitted me to the hospital to try to save my life as I was clearly, so near death. I wrote a 14 page letter of complaint to the Idaho Board of Medicine to try to save any person's life, but after two years of consideration, they chose not to act on my complaint.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2011

Dr. Brian E. O'Byrne's Credentials

• Jefferson Med Coll-Thos Jefferson Univ, Philadelphia Pa 19107 (Grad. 1979)

Veterans Administration