Ratings for Dr. Kirby Evans

Dr Evans is knowledgable and thorough. He listens and shows concern, rather than rushing through an appointment and quickly writing prescriptions. Been happy with him for almost 30 years.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

New Secretary is great and I can't think of any complaints to have about Dr. Evans. If he gives you a referral to a specialist it's always faster than other Doctor's. My boys love him and I would never considered changing Doctor's.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2016

I must say I am very impressed with the improvements at Dr Evans office. The waiting room is inviting, the new secretary is very professional and courteous, and always helpful and whenever I have called the phone is answered. A welcome change than from the secretary before. Dr Evans as always is awesome! The best Dr. for myself and my family. We have been his patients for years. The wait time is still long but most expect that from a family Dr. And it shows his concern for patients when he spends longer than expected with a patient. KUDOS Dr Evans!

flag | Submitted November 4, 2016

Dr Evans has been my doctor for years. He's a very kind and empathetic man. He's professional and always makes me feel comfortable. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said about his new secretary. She was condescending and rude at my last visit and over the phone.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2016

Doctor Evans is an amazing doctor but the secretaries are AWFUL! Sandy is a dumb b*!"/ and the other kids he has working for him are as dumb as a doorknob. I wish Melanie never left! She was AWESOME

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

When I go to the doctors, and they tell me they are the ones that have to refer an Obstetrition for my labour, you would think it wouldn't take 2 and a half months to sit around and not do it. I had an appointment with Evans and he said he would ask the Secretary to see if she has done so, and to call us back in a few days. Guess what? When I did, I get put on hold for 10 minutes after being told that the doctor doesn't know what he is talking about and that they will call me back once they have the info. I feel so sorry for Evans, he is a wonderful doctor, but the Secretary work that goes on (or doesn't) is horrendous. When my future child is on the line to have a specialist look after me you would think that it would be solved by now. I really hope Evans opens his eyes and sees how poor of a job his secretary does.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

My partner has been seeing Dr. Evans his whole life--over 30 years. He loves him and won't switch. He travels 1.5 hours (each way!) to his office just to see him. That should tell you something. Even though he wasn't accepting new patients, he saw me as a courtesy when it was very urgent. Like everyone else, his wait times are absurd. I waited 2 hours for my appointment! He spent an hour with me so you can see why this happens. It's up to you if this style works for you. I find Dr. Evans to very much care, but professionally, faith in his ability just isn't there. He's nice, quaint, compassionate, likeable, charming, etc. And if that's what you're looking for in a GP, you're golden. I however prefer a doctor that is keen, quick, knowledgeable, up-to-date on new research, studies, meds, technologies, etc. in addition to being nice and kind. If I REALLY like the doc, it's a bonus. Again, different fits for different people. Lastly, I will say that "Sandy" in reception is atrocious. How she can live with herself behaving the way she does is beyond me. We arrived for our 1pm appt. literally, on the nose. The door was locked. I knocked. Nothing. We waited. Then the door opened and a patient was exiting. We began to enter and Sandy held her palm up as if to say, "Stop!". I said, "We have a 1pm appointment." She said, "1:30." AND SLAMMED THE DOOR in our faces. I was so shocked, I said, "What a b*%ch!". I said it almost in awe. I truly couldn't believe it. We began to walk away when Dr. Evans appeared. I guess he overheard and, in what I can only imagine to be embarrassment, took the appointment. True to his nature, Dr. Evans did right by his patient. But no one should EVER treat another person with such disrespect. And a person who works in a doctor's office should be held to a standard of care and professionaliam above and beyond common decency. Shame on this dispicable woman and shame on Dr. Evans for continuing to employ her.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Great doctor. He will listen to your concerns and will explain everything to you. He is not just going to push Perscription on you. He takes the time you need.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2015

Dr. Evans has been my family's doctor for 27 years. He's second to none. Period. There's no one else like him. It will be an extremely sad day for me, when he retires. As for Melanie, she's awesome too and has always gone above and beyond to fit me in.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

Dr. Evans is a terrific doctor. He is very thorough and knowledgable. He does not rush you as other doctors, instead he takes his time and actually listen to your concerns. The only thing I dislike is his secretary, she never picks up the phone or she is either on her lunch break or on break! This makes it hard to simply book an appointment to see him. I have no idea why she is still there to be honest.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Dr. Kirby Evans's Credentials

• University of Toronto (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Massachusetts