Ratings for Dr. Devin Peterson

I recently had surgery for my scoliosis, He was very helpful and knowledgable, and we got along very well! He is professional but still kind, and the result of my surgery was great!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2016

Absolute fabulous doctor, don't mind the wait times he is a very busy doctor. We have seen him now for 9 years with my son first with hip dysplasia and now with his hip deterioration disease. He has even called us at home after hours out of concern for my son. He has a true passion for helping and listening to his patients. The reason the wait times are long is that he will take the time to make sure you are okay! He is also amazing with kids, my son loves him. :)

flag | Submitted July 7, 2016

Favourite doctor ever. Done all 4 of my surgeries and has done a fantastic job, never once has he given up on me, but found different reasons to explain why I would be feeling the way that I was. I would never go to another surgeon, 7 years later and still would never change.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2016

I had my ACL reconstructed from my hamstring in November of 2015. Each time I have visited Dr. Peterson has spent time with me answering any questions his students cannot (which is very few). He's laid back, but gets business done. I feel he is very competent in his work, and doesn't sugar coat things which is great! The day of the surgery my mother accompanied me, she was scared, I was not. When I met with student and the anesthesiologist, Dr . Peterson wasn't far behind them. My mom looked at Dr. Peterson and asked to explain the surgery process with her. I was baffled, who is going to take time to explain and plain terms and ENTIRE SURGERY, but low and behold, Dr. Peterson did. I feel he went above and beyond and is a phenomenal doctor.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

This guy knows his stuff. He is great with teens - very laid back and will take the time with them to understand their questions. My 13 year old daughter loves him. Please take your kid to him...he is extremely knowledgeable, caring, encouraging and he teaches his students to be the same...... The most impressive thing is that he spoke to my daughter......in terms she could understand. When she thanked him for doing the surgery to correct her severe scoliosis he turned to her and said.....no need to thank me, you did all the hard work.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

He was available and helpful to me in an urgency. He also kept following my situation for some time. He seemed to be in a rush when I saw him at the hospital. But, better at the sports medical center.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2014

Professional and corteous. I thoroughly understand when he talks about injury. Very knowledgeable and I can easily understand when he explains the procedure, the recovery

flag | Submitted September 18, 2014

My 15 year old daughter was referred to Dr. Peterson for a labral tear. He assured us that he was the only one in the province doing repairs laprascopically. Turns out he needed 5 incisions, her hip was partially dislocated and woke up in considerable pain (naturally). She was totally non weight bearing for 6 weeks. The only post op we had was to check the incision and he got really exaperated because it took her too long to unclothe as she was in a lot of pain. He told me the operation was a complete success. She's now 19 and lives in more pain that she had initally and has had to give up virtually all her athletic endeavours. We did make a follow up appointment to express our concerns with the amount of pain and reduced range of motion but we were met with indiffence. Unfortunately my daughter suffers with chronic pain and cannot do many things she used to do and will likely only be pain free when the time comes for a total hip replacement. I would strongly not recommend!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2011

Referred to this doctor for an ACL repair on my child. Not personable but said he had extensive experience in this surgery. Day of surgery saw his resident not him. Peterson came to the waiting room where i waited during the surgery and asked me to sign a release form allowing him to use the harvested ligament for research. I asked him how my child was, he motioned for me to sign and left without answering. My daughter struggled coming out of the anasthetic and was seen by same resident who was incapable of answering basic questions. Later I asked Peterson who had performed the surgery and he became angry saying what did it matter it was on his watch. The same resident prescribed a discharge pain medication containing a substance my child was allergic to. This allergy was clearly documented. My daughter went into anaphylactic shock and almost died. Pertersons response was, the resident was crying and felt bad wasn`t that enough. This Doctor is not competent in my opinion.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Doctor Peterson performed an ACL reconstruction on my leg a few years ago.I was 14 at the time and very frightened to be having such a daunting surgery performed on me. Doctor Peterson was extremely cold and rude to me, and then tried to forbid my mother from staying with me until I went under anesthesia even when I had started to hyperventilate from fright. After waking up from the surgery I had to wait several hours in considerable pain until he arrived and roughly prodded at the incisions, asking me "Does it hurt when I do this?" Of course it hurt! After I was released, I had an anaphylatic reaction to the pain medicine they gave me, and when my mother called them for help she was told that I "wasn't their problem". I was rushed to hospital and was informed later that I had been seconds away from death. I never got an apology and would not recommend going to this man for ANY reason.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010