Ratings for Dr. Tshilay Matand

I took my mother who has cancer for pain medication and he didn’t even examine her or ask questions about her suitation he just excused himself and left room. Then sent in his receptionist to tell us he can help us and see her family doctor . When I asked why he wasn’t going to explain things to us she said he was busy. It asked 5 minutes to talk with patient and explain . Very unprofessional and uncaring ! Totally disgusted with his behaviour .

flag | Submitted July 16, 2018

I have seen him few times already and he is very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Took my sick coughing feverish baby in...told me she was fine and to continue giving her Advil... (he also didn't take her temperature) then literally said "I don't know, you should take her to the hospital, maybe she has blood infection "....good thing I did and wanted a second opinion, because she ended up having pneumonia... he had also listened to her lungs but obviously didn't pick up on the issue! 😡

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

First of all, the clinic was supposed to be open 9-9. We show up at 2:04 and there's a closed sign on the door saying be back at 3 p.m. So frustrating and what a waste of time. I brought my 11 month old son in because he has had a fever for 48 hours. I told dr. Mahtani this he asked if he had a cold I said he's had a mild cough so he then listened to his lungs, looked in his ears and throat and said that he has a left ear infection. The entire assessment was less than 30 seconds and far from thorough. He prescribed us antibiotics and left. I am a healthcare professional and astounded by the lack of assessment and care he provided. He did not ask what his temperatures had been, if there was a rash, if he was lethargic or anything. The clinic was also quite dirty and unkempt. Will not be returning!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2018

my 13 year old son needed stitches so I called ahead and the receptionist asked the doctor if he would do it and he said yes he could do it so we went there and waited an hour to see him. Once we finally got in he said no I can't do it you have to go to emergency. Quite frustrating after not only calling ahead and being told yes he would do it, but then waiting for over an hour to be told no he won't do it. He said he didn't have the sanitary tools to do it. Wouldn't that have been nice to know when I called! He said emergency won't be busy and walked out of the room and left my son and I there with a gash in his chin bleeding. We went to the ER and waited 4 more hours for stitches! It was 6pm and we were the last clients of the day so I am pretty certain he just wanted to go home. The clinic was supposed to be open until 8:30 but they locked the doors after we got there at 5. Completely unprofessional and unacceptable. It is one thing to do this to an adult but a whole different ball game to leave a kid hanging like that. I will never step foot in that clinic again.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

took child there with bad ankle injury. he didn't even look at it just wrote a prescription for pain killers and x-ray

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr Matand listens and believes me. Prescribes me what I need and is nice. Just make sure you aren't on your phone!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I recently went to his medi clinic last week as my Family Doctor was on holidays. Went in with a mass in my throat leaving me unable to swallow and the constant feeling of something stuck in my throat. He took less than 5 min with me. Barely acknowledged me and then said I had to have bloodwork and a ultrasound. After waiting a week for the results, I called the clinic to see if my results were in. Receptionist said they were in and that he reviewed everything and that I am fine. I asked if they had planned on calling me to tell me this and she said they don't call when the results are fine. I am so glad that I asked for a copy of the results to be sent to my family doctor and have a appointment to see him tomorrow. You can't tell me there is nothing wrong when I still can't swallow and my throat and neck are swollen. This guy is a total joke and shouldn't be practicing at all.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

He is amazing just say ur problem straight and he will do what he can

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Horrbile bed side matters and I needed a different medication then the one he prescribed as I was misdiagnosed by him so I went back and he refused to see me after waiting to see him for over an hour. I'll never return to this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017