Ratings for Dr. Tshilay Matand

my 13 year old son needed stitches so I called ahead and the receptionist asked the doctor if he would do it and he said yes he could do it so we went there and waited an hour to see him. Once we finally got in he said no I can't do it you have to go to emergency. Quite frustrating after not only calling ahead and being told yes he would do it, but then waiting for over an hour to be told no he won't do it. He said he didn't have the sanitary tools to do it. Wouldn't that have been nice to know when I called! He said emergency won't be busy and walked out of the room and left my son and I there with a gash in his chin bleeding. We went to the ER and waited 4 more hours for stitches! It was 6pm and we were the last clients of the day so I am pretty certain he just wanted to go home. The clinic was supposed to be open until 8:30 but they locked the doors after we got there at 5. Completely unprofessional and unacceptable. It is one thing to do this to an adult but a whole different ball game to leave a kid hanging like that. I will never step foot in that clinic again.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

took child there with bad ankle injury. he didn't even look at it just wrote a prescription for pain killers and x-ray

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

Dr Matand listens and believes me. Prescribes me what I need and is nice. Just make sure you aren't on your phone!

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

I recently went to his medi clinic last week as my Family Doctor was on holidays. Went in with a mass in my throat leaving me unable to swallow and the constant feeling of something stuck in my throat. He took less than 5 min with me. Barely acknowledged me and then said I had to have bloodwork and a ultrasound. After waiting a week for the results, I called the clinic to see if my results were in. Receptionist said they were in and that he reviewed everything and that I am fine. I asked if they had planned on calling me to tell me this and she said they don't call when the results are fine. I am so glad that I asked for a copy of the results to be sent to my family doctor and have a appointment to see him tomorrow. You can't tell me there is nothing wrong when I still can't swallow and my throat and neck are swollen. This guy is a total joke and shouldn't be practicing at all.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

He is amazing just say ur problem straight and he will do what he can

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Horrbile bed side matters and I needed a different medication then the one he prescribed as I was misdiagnosed by him so I went back and he refused to see me after waiting to see him for over an hour. I'll never return to this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Went in for a inflamed prostate issue. If anyone has experienced this it is constantly painful in the nether regions. explained that I had seen urologist but the meds were not working. He got up and looked at me with a bothered look on his face and yelled "then go see him, don't waste my time. I told him that it would take a month and I need a different medication. He yelled again" well what is it that you want then" so basically a blank prescription pad. Ended up giving me a different prescription. This guy is a joke of a doctor that needs be fired. Extremely unprofessional. Judging by the negative comments on here does anyone even look at these ratings? Never see this guy ever.....

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Went in thursday night told me my leg could be cut off or kill me never responded when i asked what was going on what are my next steps gave me a bunch of meds and Was told to return the next day to see him at 10 he was going to talk to a specialist.next day forgot about me and hadn't talked to a specialist. Asked if I could work when I saw him Thursday he said no I would collapse my knee and Friday when asked the same question said it was up to me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I went to Dr. Matand early into my pregnancy when I was scared I was having a miscarriage because it was the closest clinic open on a Sunday. He asked me what was wrong, I said I gotten 4 positive pregnancy tests in the couple days leading up to it. He interrupted me, said I need to take another one there because the tests they use are different than the at-home ones (which I know by talking to other medical professionals that they are the exact same). I asked if I could explain my concerns, he handed me the lab requisition and walked out. I was able to take the test there. After a couple of minutes, I was called back into a room, he came in and said the test came back negative, and to come back in a week. I tried to ask him how I would have gotten 4 positive tests at home (when it is much more likely to get a false negative than a false positive), he said because their tests were different, I wasn't pregnant. I hadn't even explained that I was cramping/bleeding, and he walked out. I ended up spending the afternoon in the ER where it was confirmed that I was indeed pregnant and I was indeed miscarrying. Avoid this doctor at all costs! I don't even know how he is licenced, he seems to be just in it for the money. The more patients he can see in a day, the more money he makes. If I could give all 0 stars, I would.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I've had two very good experiences with Dr. Matand.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017