Ratings for Dr. Tshilay Matand

I recently went to his medi clinic last week as my Family Doctor was on holidays. Went in with a mass in my throat leaving me unable to swallow and the constant feeling of something stuck in my throat. He took less than 5 min with me. Barely acknowledged me and then said I had to have bloodwork and a ultrasound. After waiting a week for the results, I called the clinic to see if my results were in. Receptionist said they were in and that he reviewed everything and that I am fine. I asked if they had planned on calling me to tell me this and she said they don't call when the results are fine. I am so glad that I asked for a copy of the results to be sent to my family doctor and have a appointment to see him tomorrow. You can't tell me there is nothing wrong when I still can't swallow and my throat and neck are swollen. This guy is a total joke and shouldn't be practicing at all.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

He is amazing just say ur problem straight and he will do what he can

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Horrbile bed side matters and I needed a different medication then the one he prescribed as I was misdiagnosed by him so I went back and he refused to see me after waiting to see him for over an hour. I'll never return to this clinic.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Went in for a inflamed prostate issue. If anyone has experienced this it is constantly painful in the nether regions. explained that I had seen urologist but the meds were not working. He got up and looked at me with a bothered look on his face and yelled "then go see him, don't waste my time. I told him that it would take a month and I need a different medication. He yelled again" well what is it that you want then" so basically a blank prescription pad. Ended up giving me a different prescription. This guy is a joke of a doctor that needs be fired. Extremely unprofessional. Judging by the negative comments on here does anyone even look at these ratings? Never see this guy ever.....

flag | Submitted May 20, 2017

Went in thursday night told me my leg could be cut off or kill me never responded when i asked what was going on what are my next steps gave me a bunch of meds and Was told to return the next day to see him at 10 he was going to talk to a specialist.next day forgot about me and hadn't talked to a specialist. Asked if I could work when I saw him Thursday he said no I would collapse my knee and Friday when asked the same question said it was up to me.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

I went to Dr. Matand early into my pregnancy when I was scared I was having a miscarriage because it was the closest clinic open on a Sunday. He asked me what was wrong, I said I gotten 4 positive pregnancy tests in the couple days leading up to it. He interrupted me, said I need to take another one there because the tests they use are different than the at-home ones (which I know by talking to other medical professionals that they are the exact same). I asked if I could explain my concerns, he handed me the lab requisition and walked out. I was able to take the test there. After a couple of minutes, I was called back into a room, he came in and said the test came back negative, and to come back in a week. I tried to ask him how I would have gotten 4 positive tests at home (when it is much more likely to get a false negative than a false positive), he said because their tests were different, I wasn't pregnant. I hadn't even explained that I was cramping/bleeding, and he walked out. I ended up spending the afternoon in the ER where it was confirmed that I was indeed pregnant and I was indeed miscarrying. Avoid this doctor at all costs! I don't even know how he is licenced, he seems to be just in it for the money. The more patients he can see in a day, the more money he makes. If I could give all 0 stars, I would.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

I've had two very good experiences with Dr. Matand.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

Waited for an hour and a half just for him to tell me to keep taking Advil, even though I specifically told him Advil does nothing. He also did not believe that I had back and chest pain because I am only 18.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2016

Went to this doctor because I have been battling with depression and self harm recently. He dismissed it immediately tellin me I was just putting on a mask. He said if I found a hobby I enjoy I will snap out of it. He asked me twice if I was, and I quote, "a homo" because I am single and not married. He told me if I had more intercourse I would be happier (I kid you not!!!) finally gave me a prescription for antidepressant and wants me to come back but there's no chance I will!!! He is also extremely hard to understand. Would not re see him. Debating not even taking these pills and just starting over with a new doctor. NEVER dismiss someone coming in with depression and make them feel irrelevant. It was my first time seeing someone about it and I almost don't wanna see anyone again. Very embarrassed and disrespected.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

I wonder why people call and addresses him a doctor, he is just a total idiot like Thomas Izecor!

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016