Ratings for Dr. Donato M. Balsamo

I left Dr B a few years ago,he is not that smart .... I don't know who's writing the comments on his intelligence as a Dr - maybe he offered a discount on his skin care pyramid ;)

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

Dr. Balsamo was a wonderful doctor. I floated his office online desperate for someone to treat me for my addiction to opiates. I live in Oswego, NY. I called their office because everyone upstate was full and I was getting nowhere and was withdrawing. This office got me in the very next day after i called! Luckily I have relatives in Wayne, NJ which is approximately a half hour from NYC. I drove for 5 months to see him monthly and it was worth the drive and the sober life I now live. Not only did he console me and tell me I was worth saving - he was very understanding and didn't treat me like I was some sort of typical dirtbag with a drug problem. That was in March of 2012 and by August I was completely off of my Suboxone treatment This man saved my life. All of the negative reviews make me think that it is first impressions that ultimately drive your opinions. Shout out to Dr. Balsamo and the great doctor he is. If you are the most sensitive person then maybe go somewhere else if he rubbed you the wrong way - because HE WILL medically take care of your every need.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2015

I have NEVER rated anyone before because I wouldn't want to ruin their reputation but in this case he DESERVES it! My mother was very I'll when she was in the hospital and he was the cover doctor. The way he spoke to my ill mother and myself were disgraceful!!!! He was downright cruel and condescending to us both!!! He has zero compassion. I'm sorry I don't care how intelligent he may be, he has no business dealing with people. Just the worst experience with a doctor in my life!! Stay away from!!!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Balsalmo for 6 yrs and I love him.he can be abrupt and he has scolded me for interrupting but he knows what he's doing! I told him he hurt my feelings once and he was quick to appologize and to correct his manner. He may not be gentle in his approach but h e is caring. My husband was very sick and borderline psycotic because of the meds. He walked me through it for 2 yrs caring and let me vent. He's amazing as well as dr. Novac. I'm taking my son there now who just turned 18. Could not ask for a Better doctor. What he lacks in gentle bedside manner his associate makes up for it he is such a sweet man, Dr. Novaculite. I am grateful for this Practice. Meets you at the hospital and is reassuring and let's you know what's going on. May not be very warm but he does care.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2012

Staff is definetely unfriendly and unwelcoming. Dr Balsamo was rude,arrogant and insulting at the very least. I must say he was not always this way but in recent years worsened. Switched doctor. Much happier now. Yes doctors all over are sucked in to managed care price cuts, but patients are not to blame for this. Direct your anger where it rightfully should point or change your profession!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2011

Switch to Doctor Balsamo after going to another Doctor for several years, I only have Great things to say about this Doctor, I was miss disagoned, and he found the problem right away.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2011

I have been going to Dr Balsamo for many years, I moved 23 miles away and obviously looked for a doctor closer to my new home for convenience, but never felt as though I was getting the same concern as I received at Dr Balsamo's office so I find it well worth the trip. Dr Balsamo can be snippity but it gives me something to joke about over dinner - I trust Dr Balsamo and Jason more then any other doctors office I have been to. Jason gets four stars. The front desk can be a bit rude but just keep talking until you either annoy the hell out of them and laugh later or if you are having a good day they may partake is a short conversation! Lorry S.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2011

dr. balsamo is very arrogant. i have been going there for a couple of years now i have seen dr balsamo a few times, thankfully i usually see his associate. if it was not for his associate dr jason i would have changed doctors. dr balsamo refused to listen to me and would not switch my drug to generic. dr balsamo has to greatly improve his bedside manor

flag | Submitted February 19, 2011

He is very rude and arrogant and not at all a compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

At first I thought Dr. Balsamo was wonderful, but when I showed up for an appointment in severe pain and forgot my wallet,he refused to see me until I could PAY! I could understand if I had a previous balance or a history of non-payment..come on even then? What doctor does that? I wouldn't send my DOG to Dr. Balsamo let alone recommend him! Think twice if you want a true physician that cares about You as a patient.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2010

Dr. Donato M. Balsamo's Credentials

• Ny Coll Of Osteo Med Of Ny Inst Of Tech, Old Westbury Ny 11568 (Grad. 1995)