Ratings for Dr. John S. Lichtenstein

Very rude and inappropriate man who's medical skills have a lot to be desired!!!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

This guy should retire and never see another patient. He is totally incompetent and gives bad advice about prescriptions. I am a healthy almost 70-yr old woman who seems to know more than he does. When was the last time he had any professional reviews??

flag | Submitted August 29, 2017

He's a pervert! A crossdressing homosexual, who asks inappropriate questions about sexual function while his thumbs twitch away. All this for sinus infection.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2017

That something is wrong in this office becomes evident upon first visit. Exam rooms have not the slightest sound privacy so sitting waiting on exam table I might as well be in the same room with the man trying to explain to the Dr in a whisper what's wrong with his genitals all the while the Dr repeating every private detail at a yell. Every room has an intercom across which he shouts personal details that are heard in every ecam room. IE: one day he is calling for a GYN exam on a 10 yo girl. Can't imagine the embarrassment poor child must've felt having everyone in the office knowing she needs a GYN exam. Fortunately her family left and got her taken care of elsewhere. Personal info such as test results are left out where other patients can see them. Thrown into exam rm trash rather than disposed of in a shredder. Dr is poorly informed and makes loud, aggressive pronouncement based on no actual knowledge. Thank atmosphere in the office is one of hysteria and aggression.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Absolutely the worst medical doctor I have ever had the displeasure of interacting with. He is unprofessional to the extreme, his office is filthy, and his "mastery" of medicine leaves a tremendous amount to be desired. His license should be revoked and the office shuttered. Look elsewhere - anywhere else - for a better doctor.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

Dr. John is a condescending pompous ignoramus that has never given me the time of day or bothered to even look me in the eye. During my last visit I was moved 3 times to 3 different exam rooms. I was there for 1 hour and 45 minutes and saw him a total of 30 seconds in each of the 3 rooms I was in. He DOES NOT LISTEN and he's the rudest l so called professional I've ever met. He needs to be locked up in a Lunatic Asylum. I'll be looking for another Doctor post hast.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2015

Dr John is the best. He is a very unique personality with a heart of gold and a great diagnostician. He takes excellent care of his patients.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2015

Dr. John's bedside manner leaves a lot to be desired but he is one of the best diagnostic guys in the business.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

You all must have a different Dr. John or you have very low standards. The Dr. JOhn I have gone to is loud, annoying, condescending, sarcastic and very very very rude. He yells in my ear while taking my blood pressure and then wonders why my pressure went up. Only when I am around him. I am now looking for a new doctor, one who doesn't yell like Jerry Lewis, "Oh THAT does look good!" when he treats you. Dr. John and his staff all look very unhealthy. The office is a mess with supplies and papers everywhere. And all the plants are dying. Do I really want medical practitioners taking care of me who can't take care of themselves or even their plants?

Submitted June 11, 2013

Im rating based on his Suboxone program, He is very unknowledgeable about the medication and tapering methods.. everyone I know relapsed after his program. You suffer horrible withdrawals at the end and all he will say is "nobody ever died from withdrawal, you just gotta deal with it." To me, the reason I entered his program was to avoid withdrawal so it kinda defeated the purpose. He uses a one size fits all method. He starts tapering you off the meds immediately and doesnt give your body time to stabilize which caused me to be sick almost the whole time. I did his program twice and relapsed both times, he is not a caring doctor at all and will not listen to anything you tell him, he only does it his way which is not right. I have a great doctor now, she has taken alot of patients that came from his office for all the reasons im stating, Im glad im getting real help now and my life has changed dramatically since I have gotten stable in recovery.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2011

Dr. John S. Lichtenstein's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1969)

UnitedHealthcare