Ratings for Dr. Sharon Bedford

Dr. Bedford is caring, professional, and to the point. She knows her business exceptionally well, but will recommend a specialist when needed. She's been our family physician for many years, our children love her, and our healthcare has been very well managed. Recommend highy.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012

Dr. Bedford is a wonderful, caring, and thorough doctor! She has helped me tremendously!

flag | Submitted September 15, 2010

She was not very helpful. I felt uncomfortable talking with her as I felt she was singling me out, as I wear Dreadlocks in my hair. I felt she thought I was a drug addict when I came in for pain medication for a persistent Pain in my shoulder I had been telling her about for years. I never received an x-ray, having asked for one. She eventually prescribed me pain medication, when I was asking for an x-ray. I would not recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

She OK if you don't have a difficult medical issue. She was always good for routine issues - such as gynecological exams, stitches and sinus infections. However, a previous doctor (through old insurance) had told me to keep an eye on my thyroid and she refused to test me for a thyroid condition for years. Then when she did order the test, she would not willingly give me the actual results. She told me I just needed exercise, eat less fat and see an eye doctor because I had high cholesterol and bleary vision, which are symptoms of an under active thyroid. After I switched doctors I was immediately placed on thyroid replacement medication and my cholesterol levels were better and vision improved.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2009

Used this office for 3 years. The wait was usually over 1 hour (in the waiting room). I was misdiagnosed for 2 years (anxiety issue). Changed Dr.'s - quickly diagnosed, feel 100% better. Had she taken the time to listen to what was going on, maybe she could have offered a correct diagnosis (rather than offering pill after pill, with no positive effect on my issues).

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Sharon Bedford's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Troy, NY