Ratings for Dr. Aron Tischler

Attentive, kind and informative. Cataract surgery was painless and successful. I am looking forward to the surgery on my other eye.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2018

I cannot understand all of the negative comments in other ratings in this history. I have the patience to wait in line until my second cataract surgery could be done by Dr. T and his assistants. My eyesight is now back to what I think may be better than that which I had as a much younger man. I greet each new day with splendid eyesight, thanks to Dr. T and his assistants. All of those assistants were competent and pleasant to me as they worked. Dr. T is an accomplished ophthalmologist in my opinion and he should be treated as such. While assessing my condition with the aid of his computer file, he focussed on his computer and in doing that he was not addressing me! He was busy working . To others he might have seemed distant, but I knew that he was setting up to do the best possible recovery of my eyesight. And, he was successful in doing that. I am truly grateful. Now, a word to other potential patients: A sincere, cordial, pleasant, patient manner on your part is generally reciprocated by others with whom you are dealing. Such an approach generally works well all over the world and the results are amazing.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

chillly, seems to not have the patient's interests as highest priority, surgery had to be redone and for six months the doctor tried to fix skewed cataract lens with eyeglasses -- including totally wrong prescription at first -- it was like a kaleidoscope! -- I had six months of headaches and poor vision, until somehow it was agreed to do the surgery again. That worked. I do follow-ups with another doc in the office, but will be changing. Also - the whole practice is trying to "force" people to get an insurance program where you will pay for their doing "uninsured" services, like transferring your records or getting additional copies. totally exploitative and counter to principles of Canadian universal healthcare. and the office staff are totally overworked (read the website on employees' views of working there - horrific) and as a patient you have long waits to on the phone and at least two hours waits in the office for any service. It is a systemic problem and a lack of valuing of health care, not the staff's fault!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

Bad bedside manner. Didn't appreciate questions. Made to feel stupid. Quick to answer his own questions, which might skew diagnosis. Rushed.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

Dr. Tischler came highly recommended by my optometrist, and two other ophthamologists. Although the cataract surgery went well, I would agree with others, he is distant, impatient and impersonal. The experience with the 'upstairs' technician was fine, but 'downstairs', the consistently packed waiting room, long waits and impatient desk staff was unpleasant. I asked about and was recommended a particularly expensive lens implant, but the outcome was the opposite of what I was told and had researched, glasses-free for at the very least, my distant vision. Dr. Tischer subsequently, suggested laser surgery to correct my vision with the new lens, and he reluctantly offered a refund on one lens. There has been no follow-up and no refund forthcoming. Two letters from my optometrist and one from myself have gone unanswered. It has been an unpleasant, frustrating and costly experience. I still have to wear glasses full time. It may be that Dr. Tischer is an excellent surgeon, but there are many in the lower mainland whose skill is comparable, and who are more compassionate, respectful and personable. If you have a choice, go to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Rudest staff I've ever encountered with! After reading about patient's experiences I decided to cancel my appointment hence called the office, the lady who took the call asked me to wait on hold and I said ok, I was on hold for 25 minutes until I hung up myself and redialed, again she picked up the phone and asked to stay on hold which I told No, I just need to cancel my appointment and I already was on hold for more than 25 minutes! instead of apology she kept arguing and putting me on hold again! it'd only get few seconds to write down my name and appointment date to cancel it once she's done with the job she was doing which I doubt anything! or alternatively after waiting on hold for such a long time she could get my phone and get back once less busy! this is not the right way of spending tax dollars and treating patients! I'm happy that I didn't waste more time in their office and perhaps put my health at risk by such a careless team!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

For more than 15 years optometrists have reported cataracts lurking around the perimeter of my eyes. Since then my condition has been monitored regularly. Recently my current optometrist referred me to a specialist, Dr. Tischler. (Dr. T) Many tests and measurements followed until Dr. T assembled all of my information that he needed to perform cataract surgery and new lens installation. My surgery was an amazing experience! My eyesight in one eye has been restored by Dr. T and his assistants, somewhat like a revered gentleman was rumoured able to do about 2000 years ago. I am happy and excited while waiting for my second miracle. All of my appointments took place as scheduled. My information pamphlet stating pre-op and post-op actions by me were clear and concise. Thank you Dr. T and all of your many assistants for this stunning improvement in my life.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

If you tired of seeing beauties and wonders of this world, for your eyes problems, visit Dr. Aron M. Tischler in North Shore eye Associates. He is the best Specilist for blinding your Eyes……….

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

he is a mechanic at best - errors made in surgery, mistaken follow-up procedures, is on auto pilot, and now they are trying to charge you for "insurance" for costs of file transfers, etc., that should be automatically done. are contacted with some Ontario insurance firm. cash grab

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Tischler would rate zero for bedside manner. He is rude and indifferent! If he insists that you require surgery, I would get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017