Ratings for Dr. Aron Tischler

Dr. Tischler came highly recommended by my optometrist, and two other ophthamologists. Although the cataract surgery went well, I would agree with others, he is distant, impatient and impersonal. The experience with the 'upstairs' technician was fine, but 'downstairs', the consistently packed waiting room, long waits and impatient desk staff was unpleasant. I asked about and was recommended a particularly expensive lens implant, but the outcome was the opposite of what I was told and had researched, glasses-free for at the very least, my distant vision. Dr. Tischer subsequently, suggested laser surgery to correct my vision with the new lens, and he reluctantly offered a refund on one lens. There has been no follow-up and no refund forthcoming. Two letters from my optometrist and one from myself have gone unanswered. It has been an unpleasant, frustrating and costly experience. I still have to wear glasses full time. It may be that Dr. Tischer is an excellent surgeon, but there are many in the lower mainland whose skill is comparable, and who are more compassionate, respectful and personable. If you have a choice, go to someone else.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2017

Rudest staff I've ever encountered with! After reading about patient's experiences I decided to cancel my appointment hence called the office, the lady who took the call asked me to wait on hold and I said ok, I was on hold for 25 minutes until I hung up myself and redialed, again she picked up the phone and asked to stay on hold which I told No, I just need to cancel my appointment and I already was on hold for more than 25 minutes! instead of apology she kept arguing and putting me on hold again! it'd only get few seconds to write down my name and appointment date to cancel it once she's done with the job she was doing which I doubt anything! or alternatively after waiting on hold for such a long time she could get my phone and get back once less busy! this is not the right way of spending tax dollars and treating patients! I'm happy that I didn't waste more time in their office and perhaps put my health at risk by such a careless team!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

For more than 15 years optometrists have reported cataracts lurking around the perimeter of my eyes. Since then my condition has been monitored regularly. Recently my current optometrist referred me to a specialist, Dr. Tischler. (Dr. T) Many tests and measurements followed until Dr. T assembled all of my information that he needed to perform cataract surgery and new lens installation. My surgery was an amazing experience! My eyesight in one eye has been restored by Dr. T and his assistants, somewhat like a revered gentleman was rumoured able to do about 2000 years ago. I am happy and excited while waiting for my second miracle. All of my appointments took place as scheduled. My information pamphlet stating pre-op and post-op actions by me were clear and concise. Thank you Dr. T and all of your many assistants for this stunning improvement in my life.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

If you tired of seeing beauties and wonders of this world, for your eyes problems, visit Dr. Aron M. Tischler in North Shore eye Associates. He is the best Specilist for blinding your Eyes……….

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

he is a mechanic at best - errors made in surgery, mistaken follow-up procedures, is on auto pilot, and now they are trying to charge you for "insurance" for costs of file transfers, etc., that should be automatically done. are contacted with some Ontario insurance firm. cash grab

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Tischler would rate zero for bedside manner. He is rude and indifferent! If he insists that you require surgery, I would get a second opinion.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

My kids have seen this Dr. Tischler. I strongly agree he need to work on his bedside manners... or lack off ..He is snappy with the kids very tired and as if he is so tired of this job the the clients are just Jobs he need to get done fast. I have no idea how knowledgeable he really is because he did not answer my questions. very bad example for young clients.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

My child with special needs went in for a first eye exam. The staff was completely useless in their approach and seemed ill prepared to deal with a child like that. Disappointed.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

Referred by retinal specialist, experienced prompt professional examination and diagnosis with consideration made for travel time. Surgery was flawless,painless,on time,and totally successful.Follow up appt booked next day to save us travel time, very thoughtful! A kind and good natured professional at every encounter.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Dr.Tischler was very rude to my dad who had brain cancer. We were booked to see him but waited over half an hr. When he came in he was not professional as he did not know why we were there. I had to tell him we have been sent by oncologist to see if any cancer in my dads eyes. He started the exam but was very rude as my dad is old and has just been diagnosed with brain tumor. He told me he does not have any cancer in the eyes. I told him can you send the report to his oncologist and he was rude again saying I already told you so what's the point. I snapped at him told him you are a S.O.B. and you need to show some respect to his patent's. He said sorry and was very quick to write the report. Please see another doctor if you can.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2014