Ratings for Dr. Mark C. Gillespy

Rud, arrogant, will not answer any of your questions. Find better doctor, not to be trusted. His Only focus is $$$$$ and more $, patient has no value , we are better than him, he should have been a butcher.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

All I have to say is he replaced my hip, it failed, and he sat by and watched over 3 months as my hip dislocated 8 times and refused to go in and fix his screw up. Maybe it was because he did the surgery live on the www to promote himself. He was so busy patting himself on the back during the surgery I think he positioned everything with one hand behind his back. I found a competent surgeon who instantly treated me, requiring 2 more surgeries due to to lack of care provided by this 'doctor". He even accused me of "purposely" dislocating my own hip for the pain meds! Idiot.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2013

I went into the hospital for a surgery to get rid of mrsa infection that i got after he did a surgery on my broken femur. when the mrsa surgery was over, I ended up with a knee problem! he is very rude and thinks only his opinions matter. he does not care or even want to hear anyone else's opinion- even yours. i also think he quickly forms opinions about his patients. if he doesn't like you for whatever reason he can be a real pain in the butt (my example is taking away my medications i need for pain). he thinks he runs the show and i don't want him as a doctor but i cannot do anything about it because i am in the hospital still. i think he made a mistake while doing my mrsa surgery and messed up my knee but he won't even admit it's a possibility. i would not recommend this doctor to anyone. the only person that deserves any credit that works for him is nurse sherry at his office. good job nurse sherry and i appreciate your kindness and genuine love and care for dr. g's patients.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

He has the ability to work with challenging patients and is willing to entertain unorthodox methods, at the patient's request, provided it does not interfere medically. He inherited me from his brother due to complications relating to my anatomy. I had higher than normal risk factors. Surgery went beautifully. No complications occurred. Rehabilitation time is in the 3 month range - I am 6 weeks post-surgery and have been released from PT due to surpassing all the milestones, and am only waiting for final confirmation that the prosthesis is solidly grounded to be permanently released. The surgeon is excellent and the bedside manner is (mostly) well mannered. He has exuded a sincere desire to help people resolve their orthopaedic issues as efficiently and expeditiously as possible. I would heartily recommend, without issue, Mark Gillespy.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2010

I was referred for a surgery consultation by his father, another Dr in the practice. After waiting for him to finish a phone call in which I could hear him yelling at someone, he then came into the room where I was. I explained my issues to him and how his father had said I was a candidate for back surgery and he was very rude to me. His response to me was that I was not a candidate for surgery because, "You smoke, you’re fat and you are going to be dead by 50!" What an excellent bedside manner. No suggestions just a rude comment. I would not recommend him to anyone!!!!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Doctor is an excellent surgeon. Needs better scheduling practices for his office visits. Performed surgery on my back and relieved all my pain with only 2 days in hospital. Best orthopedic surgeon in the area; perhaps the state.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

HE OPERATED ON MY BACK. I ENDED UP IN A COMA. WHEN I WOKE UP I WAS PARALIZED FROM MY WAIST DOWN. NOT ONLY THAT HE OPERATED AGAIN ON MY BACK IN MY HOSPITOL ROOM ON THE 6TH FLOOR IN THE HALIFAX HOSPITOL, INSTEAD OF GETTING ME IN AN OPERATING ROOM. TO REMOVE A BATTERY HE TOLD ME HE PUT IN MY BACK TO PROMOTE NERVE GROWTH. HE SAID I HAD NERVE DAMAGE. AFTER CHECKING WITH THE AMA THEY TOLD ME HE WASN'T OTHORISED TO HAVE ANYTING TO DO WITH MY NERVES. HE SHOULD HAVE GOT A NEROLIGIST INVOLVED. YOU CAN TAKE YOUR CHANCES. REMEMBER HE'S STILL PRACTACING.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2008

very good surgeon, very knowledable, saved my foot, now my husband is using him for his back problems

flag | Submitted March 18, 2007

several appointments, always late, average 3 minutes consult, painful mylogram, he recomended no surgery. later i found i had a broken neck, got it fused and all the pain went away.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2007

Very rushed. When he did surgery, he made me worse than before. I have spoke with several people since, all who have had about the same experience. I would never go back nor recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2007

Dr. Mark C. Gillespy's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 1986)