Ratings for Dr. Wayne Phimister

Very satisfied and pleased in my dealings and interactions with the doctor.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I came to see Dr. Phimister on the advice of my GP Dr. Fadeyeyva - I have was injured in a car accident last year and have had terrible pain for a very long time. In one session in a specific area of being treated with needling, and I was immensely better. I was so depressed from all the pain and thought there was very little relief except for my amazing chiropractor who has helped me move again. Dr. P is great - I have never waited for him, and even if i had to wait it is worth it - people complaining about waiting to see a doctor - well, i don't get it - it is hardly their fault - patients are often late, they need more attention, what doctor isn't behind? Plug your meter or park a few blocks away and walk! He has never kept me waiting the three times I have had treatment and I cannot believe the pain relief I have received. Highly recommend him and is methods. I have waited in emergency for 10 hours before - this is hardly a big deal.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

This is my family doctor and he is a very caring and knowledgeable and from day one when I saw him he was honest about what he could do for me and challenged me to make some serious changes to my health. As difficult as that was I did and when I came back to see him again he was very receptive and accepted me as his patient. I attend the clinic in North Vancouver and so I am very happy with the care I receive from him. I am happy that he is a pain specialist as well and is treating me for chronic pain. I know he is very busy and yes he isn't always on time but the quality of care I receive from him is excellent! He has always treated me with respect and care and that is why I would highly recommend him as a family doctor.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

Dr. Phmister is my Dr. He ended up seeing my husband while he was in hospital. I was so grateful that he was there. We still don't have all the answers, but I hope we will soon. The only negative thing I find is he is always running late. I know he's busy, but an Hour Is a but much. is a bit much

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

this was my first time seeing Dr phimister. I waited over a hour to see him and while in the adjacent room I could hear his entire consult with 2 patients (hubby & wife). squeezing 2 in at once is great. but I was rushed for time being in North Vancouver where he goes as well as Agassiz. I wasn't happy with the wait only due to being stationary for lengths of time create more pain. I did have a quick visit , managed to get some aggressive treatment and hope over the next few days I feel improvement overall. I wasn't able to get further injections only because I was seriously out of time before my parking ticket expired. purchased a 1.5 where has I went for the 2 my treatment would have been great. usually I wait a max 10 mins. so never have had to buy more time. if ever I am booked with him again I will definitely increase my ticket time and price. I have to commend him on getting as much done in a short span relieving my anxiety over being towed. I am not in a position to recommend or not. I do know I would certainly cover my end of time management.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

I find this Dr very easy to talk to and he seems to really care about patients. He is busy yes and there is a wait to see him but that is more to do with a lack of doctors to service patients and it is pretty much the same everywhere in the lower mainland. I have waited much longer than an hour to see other physicians so I pretty much always expect a wait which is better than being rushed through the appointment if you need extra time. I feel extremely lucky to have him as a family physician.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

I'm absolutely appalled at the enabling Dr. Phimister does for his patients. Give him money to write a doctors note in support of your fictitious physical ailments and he'll do it apparently. I guess money is more important than the BLATANTLY obvious PSYCHOLOGICAL issues his client had. Seriously Dr Phimister-if you read this you need to seriously think about the damage you do to innocent people with your words. Will do my best to NEVER recommend you to ANYONE.

Submitted January 16, 2016

Great Doc and fantastic staff. He's treated me for a protruding disc at my c5-6, first trying IMS needling, and then with lidocaine injections. He's honest, and respected. All around wonderful experiences every time I go. Highly recommend him for pain management.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I'm really not happy with Phimister because he fails to understand me and my mental illness. I suffer from depression and anxiety and can never seem to get any help from my doctor after I have explained to him countless times about how I feel. It seems like he doesn't have a lot of knowledge with patients who have mental illness because every time I see him he asks me to fill out a questionaire and bases how depressed I am only a few circled questions when instead he should take the time to actually know how I feel. Also once he advise me to take a mood stabilizers but I refused due to the harmful side effects and he got mad at me saying that I'm in no position to question him!!! I also told him that since he doesn't help me that I would look for another doctor elsewhere and he said that I couldn't do that I was forced to stay with him!! I had to look somewhere else because he wouldn't diagnose me with anxiety crazy he knows that I do have anxiety and he wouldn't sign papers that said I had a mental illness since my childhood. Overall I don't like Phimister!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I moved out of town and still commute to see him, he's that good . The staff are great, I feel at ease and therefore open up about what ails me more honestly. I have three kids who see him also and he is good with them as well. I highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014