I'm absolutely appalled at the enabling Dr. Phimister does for his patients. Give him money to write a doctors note in support of your fictitious physical ailments and he'll do it apparently. I guess money is more important than the BLATANTLY obvious PSYCHOLOGICAL issues his client had. Seriously Dr Phimister-if you read this you need to seriously think about the damage you do to innocent people with your words. Will do my best to NEVER recommend you to ANYONE.

Submitted January 16, 2016

Great Doc and fantastic staff. He's treated me for a protruding disc at my c5-6, first trying IMS needling, and then with lidocaine injections. He's honest, and respected. All around wonderful experiences every time I go. Highly recommend him for pain management.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

I'm really not happy with Phimister because he fails to understand me and my mental illness. I suffer from depression and anxiety and can never seem to get any help from my doctor after I have explained to him countless times about how I feel. It seems like he doesn't have a lot of knowledge with patients who have mental illness because every time I see him he asks me to fill out a questionaire and bases how depressed I am only a few circled questions when instead he should take the time to actually know how I feel. Also once he advise me to take a mood stabilizers but I refused due to the harmful side effects and he got mad at me saying that I'm in no position to question him!!! I also told him that since he doesn't help me that I would look for another doctor elsewhere and he said that I couldn't do that I was forced to stay with him!! I had to look somewhere else because he wouldn't diagnose me with anxiety crazy he knows that I do have anxiety and he wouldn't sign papers that said I had a mental illness since my childhood. Overall I don't like Phimister!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I moved out of town and still commute to see him, he's that good . The staff are great, I feel at ease and therefore open up about what ails me more honestly. I have three kids who see him also and he is good with them as well. I highly recommend this doctor

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

Knowledge but awful patience! Would be nice if he wasn't always in such a rush! !!

flag | Submitted September 2, 2014

Dr. Phimister is a professional. He has a passion for human beings. He cares about each patient. He is well suited for the medical profession.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2013

Dr. Phimister has a very friendly and comfortable bedside manner, is definitely brilliant when it comes to taking care of us, and is open to learning new facts about care. Once, I spoke to him about a specific type of infection that he admitted he knew nothing about and was happy to be informed. That was very stunning to me so I am surprised by all the previous posts that state he is arrogant or even that he is not an amazing doctor. My family always looks forward to seeing him even though we have to wait an average hour before he walks in the door. Honestly, do you think we would have to wait that long if he wasn't one of the best? I've never had a doctor that I trusted more, or felt that I could speak my mind with as easily. I highly recommend him; however, he is no longer accepting patients. Good luck. We love you Dr. P!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2012

I've been through a lot of doctors in my years and he is my favorite. Treats you like a friend I find. Very pleasant. Easy to talk to. Not so close minded as many other docs.Doesn't get all defensive if you mention any natural therapies you are using. I think he's great.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2010

I think he was just shy in the beginning moving to a community where we all know who has what and how and he didn't know any of us. We are all set in our ways and sure of our treatments. But from his point of view, I wouldn't believe everything I am being told from a patient unless it is in the chart and the charts are not as thorough as he is now doing. He is doing alot for one GP. He is coming along fine and getting to know us all. I am impressed with his freeness to redirect to specialists which ensures the best care for us. Like many of us, he has his headaches in life and is just as human as the next. I really like him on good days when he is not rushed and the whole town is waiting to see him, but on the days when everyone is sick.....god bless him and his ability to process us all. He is a benefit to this town and I only wish he could get more assistance and money for taking us all on. So much for moving to the relaxed Agassiz area and being inundated by patients.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

I followed Dr Phimister to Agassiz all the way from Surrey as he is so good. Tries to find other ways to handle medical situations without pills and has a lot of knowledge about natural healing. Immediately and accurately diagnosed a problem I had and then called ahead to the hospital so I didn't have to wait there. Unfortunately he is always rushed but I could hear other patients wanting to chat about their kids etc in the hallway - probably some of the obviously illiterate ones posing neg stuff on here. Get some friends you guys and stop having take up time with your doctor. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Wayne Phimister's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm absolutely appalled at the enabling Dr. Phimister does for his patients. Give him money to write a doctors note in support of your fictitious physical ailme..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Great Doc and fantastic staff. He's treated me for a protruding disc at my c5-6, first trying IMS needling, and then with lidocaine injections. He's honest, and..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I'm really not happy with Phimister because he fails to understand me and my mental illness. I suffer from depression and anxiety and can never seem to get any ..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I moved out of town and still commute to see him, he's that good . The staff are great, I feel at ease and therefore open up about what ails me more honestly. ..."

November 27, 2014
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

May 15, 2012