Ratings for Dr. James Rose

I had the unpleasant experience of seeing Dr . James Rose. I found him to be very evasive and not knowledgeable at all, he would ask me a question and cut me off after a few words were spoken out of my mouth. He asked me to stand on my Toes and on one Leg push myself up and down and to do 10 times on each side, I could barley do this on the side that I had so much pain with and after struggling to do 8 of them I stopped and he firmly looked at me and said That isn't 10 is it, now continue! He was so rude during the entire exam and never really told me a thing, when I tried to ask him some questions, he would rudely cut me off. I was in so much pain at the time and I couldn't believe how he was getting paid for nothing! I would like to contact whomever it is to report such terrible , unprofessional work that he does and by looking at the comments below I cant believe he still practices. I would never recommend this man at all and told my Dr so.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Rose did my left total knee replacement surgery and four years later, I am still in pain and have lost 75% mobility in my leg. I returned to him repeatedly and his response was to keep working on it. I did Physio therapy for 8 months after surgery with no improvement. He refused to provide adequate pain management, post surgery. Even my Physio Therapist told me to demand more pain meds, but to no avail. He may be good at hips, but I wouldn't recommend him for knee surgery. I would expect him to be knowledgeable but can't even make a guess, so no rating for that.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2017

Dr rose is knowledgeable and performed total left knee replacement on me. 2 months after surgery I'm fully recovered but his secretary is a piece of work. You won't be able to get any answer question answered. She will laugh at your questions and treat the patients in ill manner. She is completely incompetent when it comes to handling patients. She won't give a straight answer over the phone and has the same response to everything. Please come to the office then when you arrive she acts like she never has talked to you to begin with. The lady must be bipolar. Dr rose you need to get a new secretary she's a complete moron.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2016

After waiting 2 and a half months for an appointment, Angela left me a voicemail stating "We have to reschedule..... BY NOT RETUTNING OUR CALL YOU ARE CONFIRMING". I show up to that appointment to be told I missed it. They rescheduled twice! Without every speaking to me! (I found a missed voicemail to prove I didn't speak with her) We argued over whether or not she spoke with me two days prior, oddly enough, she couldn't remember but it said confirmed on her computer so it wasn't her problem. After trying to explain how I'm on disability and would like to get back to work, Angela kept throwing in off handed comments, such as; laughing when I asked "when the next available appointment is", and replying "not for a long time", and then tell me I'm aggressive when I ask her if she's trying to make me mad. I rescheduled two months later anyways. Dr.Rose himself sent me a letter cancelling my appointment due to my failed attendance to the original appointment and my "aggressive" nature towards his staff. I could not be any more disgusted by the lack of professionalism from Angela and the ignorance of Dr.James Rose.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Rose did both of my hips. His knowledge is first rate. If you want it done right see this man. His staff is very professional and keeps everything running smoothly.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I had both of my hips replaced in the last year and a half. Dr. Rose did a fantastic job of both of them and I am able to walk and hike the same way I did before I needed hip replacements. I highly recommend him as a surgeon. I also greatly appreciate his wonderful and accommodating staff!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

My son broke his tibia and fibula in his left leg and his tibia in his right... 6 weeks after surgery he was having unexplained pain in both legs and I had to take him to emergency at abbotsford hospital. We seen Dr Rose and it was a disaster. Not only was he extremely rough with my son, he was dismissive and didn't hear a word I said. He sent my son into a complete nervous breakdown and did nothing to help. Very disappointed in his bedside manner. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

If you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon in Abbotsford, you should think twice about Dr James Rose. He put a cast on my leg without fixing fracture. I had to go to RoyaL cOLUMBIAN where they took x rays and ultrasound. found out my leg had come apart and that I had blood clots in my leg. To this day (over 1 year 1/2) have not recovered. they may have to operate again.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Had to bring my 15 year old daughter with chronic hip and knee pain. Didn't really seem to care and did nothing to help her. Going back to our family doctor to ask for another referral to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr rose did a simple knee replacement for me and now two and a half years later I am still in a wheelchair. After a series of mistakes and operations (6) his on;y solution was to amputate my leg. Another surgeon in vancouver saved the leg that he was to busy to do. would not take my dog to him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016