Ratings for Dr. James Rose

After waiting 2 and a half months for an appointment, Angela left me a voicemail stating "We have to reschedule..... BY NOT RETUTNING OUR CALL YOU ARE CONFIRMING". I show up to that appointment to be told I missed it. They rescheduled twice! Without every speaking to me! (I found a missed voicemail to prove I didn't speak with her) We argued over whether or not she spoke with me two days prior, oddly enough, she couldn't remember but it said confirmed on her computer so it wasn't her problem. After trying to explain how I'm on disability and would like to get back to work, Angela kept throwing in off handed comments, such as; laughing when I asked "when the next available appointment is", and replying "not for a long time", and then tell me I'm aggressive when I ask her if she's trying to make me mad. I rescheduled two months later anyways. Dr.Rose himself sent me a letter cancelling my appointment due to my failed attendance to the original appointment and my "aggressive" nature towards his staff. I could not be any more disgusted by the lack of professionalism from Angela and the ignorance of Dr.James Rose.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Rose did both of my hips. His knowledge is first rate. If you want it done right see this man. His staff is very professional and keeps everything running smoothly.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I had both of my hips replaced in the last year and a half. Dr. Rose did a fantastic job of both of them and I am able to walk and hike the same way I did before I needed hip replacements. I highly recommend him as a surgeon. I also greatly appreciate his wonderful and accommodating staff!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

My son broke his tibia and fibula in his left leg and his tibia in his right... 6 weeks after surgery he was having unexplained pain in both legs and I had to take him to emergency at abbotsford hospital. We seen Dr Rose and it was a disaster. Not only was he extremely rough with my son, he was dismissive and didn't hear a word I said. He sent my son into a complete nervous breakdown and did nothing to help. Very disappointed in his bedside manner. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

If you are looking for an orthopedic surgeon in Abbotsford, you should think twice about Dr James Rose. He put a cast on my leg without fixing fracture. I had to go to RoyaL cOLUMBIAN where they took x rays and ultrasound. found out my leg had come apart and that I had blood clots in my leg. To this day (over 1 year 1/2) have not recovered. they may have to operate again.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2016

Had to bring my 15 year old daughter with chronic hip and knee pain. Didn't really seem to care and did nothing to help her. Going back to our family doctor to ask for another referral to a different doctor.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Dr rose did a simple knee replacement for me and now two and a half years later I am still in a wheelchair. After a series of mistakes and operations (6) his on;y solution was to amputate my leg. Another surgeon in vancouver saved the leg that he was to busy to do. would not take my dog to him.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2016

On January 8th I shattered the bones in my wrist when I fell on black ice. Within hours of entering the emergency room at Abbotsford Hospital, Dr. James Rose undertook surgery to repair the damage by inserting two plates. The next day I returned home and the healing process began. During the subsequent 12 weeks I met with Dr. Rose on two occasions. Four months have now passed. The pain, skin sensitivity and numbness that I experienced for the first 16-18 weeks are now completely gone and I am able to use my wrist in the same manner as before. Even the two 13 cm / 5” scars are imperceptible. Without a doubt this positive outcome was the result of the knowledgeable, professional, caring and thorough approach taken by Dr. Rose. As an added bonus, Dr. Rose has a wonderful sense of humour! Lastly, I extend my thanks to Angela, Dr. Rose’s receptionist, who always warmly welcomed me with her winning smile.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

Fixed my hand perfectly after the emergency doctor thought my arm was broken. Extremely thankful he took the time to correct an error made by a less experienced doctor.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Rose was great. I had a torn meniscus that needed to be cleaned up, but that was slowing me down.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014