You may also like

Ratings for Dr. John Ostrowski

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

flag | Submitted October 14, 2015

What to say here. He operated on both of my shoulders. Chronic pain afterwards for 10+ years. Hurt to move. Told me it was all in my head. So, I got a referral to another surgeon in London only to discover that I had stitches in my shoulder that shredded my rotator cuff and bicep tendon, during the surgery. Good thing she took pictures of the lovely green sutures. Oh, I have the same issue in my other shoulder too. Stitches from over 10 years ago. Advice: go to London. great doctors there. Don't waste your time in Niagara.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

Just had a left hip replacement (right performed last year) and both were performed by Dr. Ostrowski. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon; he is the best! I found his staff to be considerate and helpful as well. While there was a wait as he is a very busy doctor, the wait also has to do with funding. Apparently OHIP has a ceiling cap as to what it allots for hip replacements so one may have to wait until the next fiscal year for surgery.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2015

Operated on my shoulder 1 yr ago and was off for 4 months. Fixed clavicle bone. Rotator cuff and bicep tendon. Should have been off for 6 months but only off for 4. Did a great job without having to rebuild my shoulder. I listened to him and did the necessary therapy. That was key 1 yr later I am 95 percent of new and that's not bad for a 53 yr old guy who abuses his body. Would recommend him to anyone. Would also let him operate again on me. Cheers!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

have had him for 6 surgeries on both arms not one of them have worked. he sucks as a surgeon, he's staff of two sisters are ignorant and never answer the phone or ever call you back. had to go to a doctor in Newmarket to get the problem with my shoulder operated on for the third time. and this doctoe told me plain as day that doctor ostrowski f***ed my arm up for life it will never be the same. the hardware that he put in my shoulder to hold my rotator cuff on was not even attached???????????????????????? he is a horrible doctor do not go to him, and his staff are the worst.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2015

I saw him for a broken shoulder July 2014 and thankfully I didn't require surgery but he was always pleasant_ had a smile and made sure he got you doing the right things as soon as you were ready. Because he had me moving the arm so quickly I recovered with full movement within months vs the year he told me it could take.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2015

Some people need to keep on it and push or they don't do sh*t make them annoyed of you they will do anything just for you to stop bugging and calling so get on it and blow the phone up.. How about that

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

Waiting 6 weeks for an operation date after a year of being patient when the doctor says it's a go the office staff should learn how to read a calendar and give you a date with in a couple days. They don't seem to think that you have a life it's bad enough your in pain and waiting on there phone call but you can't tell your work when you will be off and your wife wants to make vacation plans your kids need to know where they will be when your in hospital and they don't care the world revolves around the control freak in the office. This is very unexceptionable in this day and age they should get rid of her for a computer program (or an app.) it would be much quicker and cheaper (more friendly as well)

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

Dr. John Ostrowski's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A great Dr ! He listens, is thorough and very knowledgable. Amazing. A great listener and thorough. Healing quickly now from first surgery. Highly recommended"

January 19, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Sept, 2 had a THR and did a great job.I highly recommend him.He is definitely worth the wait."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "the only orthopedic doctor in Niagara that I would ever look after me or my family the only one I fully trust "

October 14, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "What to say here. He operated on both of my shoulders. Chronic pain afterwards for 10+ years. Hurt to move. Told me it was all in my head. So, I got a referral..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had a left hip replacement (right performed last year) and both were performed by Dr. Ostrowski. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon; he is the bes..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Operated on my shoulder 1 yr ago and was off for 4 months. Fixed clavicle bone. Rotator cuff and bicep tendon. Should have been off for 6 months but only off ..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "have had him for 6 surgeries on both arms not one of them have worked. he sucks as a surgeon, he's staff of two sisters are ignorant and never answer the phone ..."

March 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw him for a broken shoulder July 2014 and thankfully I didn't require surgery but he was always pleasant_ had a smile and made sure he got you doing the rig..."

March 13, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Some people need to keep on it and push or they don't do sh*t make them annoyed of you they will do anything just for you to stop bugging and calling so get on ..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Waiting 6 weeks for an operation date after a year of being patient when the doctor says it's a go the office staff should learn how to read a calendar and give..."

February 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "By far the best orthopedic doctor in niagara area thanks john"

February 19, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "only good when you are doing surgery, but does not promote alternate care. Reception staff can be rude, poor folowup unless its revenue generating."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ostrowski is the best Orthopedic Surgeon. He is number one in my book."

February 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Receptionist is rude and belligerent. Apparently, she is too busy to schedule her appointments correctly and after two tries with this woman, finally give up!!..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Recently I had carpal tunnel surgery and was completely satisfied with my results from Dr. Ostrowski. I have to admit I was extremely nervous before surgery bu..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Doctor!!! He repaired my right wrist after the original doctor said it was fine. Glad my family doctor recommended him!!"

December 15, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Amazing Doctor ! I had a severe fracture by accident, and he was the on-call Ortho-Surgeon, I could not have lucked out any better. He genuinely cares, tak..."

November 21, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Awesome! Bed side manner is sweet & professional! Had a bunionectomy on my right foot. Everything was perfect...no pain!!! I highly recommend Dr. Ostrowski. Goi..."

October 23, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Being referred to Dr Ostrowski was the greatest referral I could have ever received! I first saw him in March 2000 I have since been seen by him for shoulder kn..."

September 7, 2014