Ratings for Dr. D. Hugo

Dr. Hugo is kind, humorous and extremely knowledgeable. He worked with a urologist to help find a diagnosis for me, and also recommended pelvic floor physical therapy which no other professional had recommended. This recommendation has had a positive impact on my life and I am grateful to have had an OBGYN who was sympathetic/knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2018

Excellent experiences with all my visits and follow-up appointments. Did exactly what I wanted and in a very timely manner. Surgery went extremely well without complications. Would highly recommend for any OBGYN concerns.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. Hugo recently helped me and my spouse through the hardest tome of our life and I will be forever grateful for his kindness and straight forward attitude.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

Have been going there year. First off very hard to reach any one on phone to book appointment or ask question. When treatments do not work or not wanting such treatment Hugo will not do treatment wanted and will do treatment he does want and you do not. All in all no clue how still around. Sadly my only option local.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Dr Hugo has the best bedside manner a physician can have. He is genuine, empathic and most of all, truly knowledgable. I immediately felt comfortable in the initial consult with him and somehow knew he was going to provide me with the best care possible. He was exceptionally compassionate and caring through the most difficult experience of our lives. I could not have imagined any other doctor handling this experience the way he did. I am not one to bother with reviews, but felt compelled to let others know how unique this man is. Unfortunately his secretary was less than helpful. However, the most important part of our experience was Dr. Hugo's care and I will forever be grateful to him.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

Dr Hugo is an unbelievable doctor !!! He has always worked with me in all my menstruation issues and has always been positive, understanding, kind, thorp with his words and explanations and always knows JUST WHAT TO SAY AND JUST WHAT TO DO !!! He saved mine and my sons life when I was 5months pregnant, going into markings of being 2cm dilated and didn't even know it, and therefore, never had him for another 2months and we're BOTH still here today !!! He knows just what to do to make everything right, no matter what situation is going on, and he's VERY KNOWLEDGED and is GREAT AT WHAT HE DOES !!! The only thing I don't like is waiting for results of serious tests about things for long lengths of time .. and I know they say "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS" .. and if it it were a very serious matter, DR HUGO WOULD BE RIGHT ON KEY WITHIN 24hrs !!! I just like receiving results when it comes to pregnancy situations, as soon as I can get them, and that isn't working very well lately !! Obviously that's his secretaries fault, and not his !! HES AMAZING .. BUT Fran needs to be on the ball a bit more when AND IF results come in, instead of having to call to find out where they are, when u were told they'd be in WITHIN 48hrs .. and it's already been 8days !!!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

He is amazing, I have constant irritation since basically starting my period in grade 9 and I am now 20. every doctor before just did normal swabs and treated for yeast infections and sent me on my way. It took going to Alberta from school and seeing a doctor there to refer me to a gyno here. He has been awesome, and Fran is the best. I had to personally follow up with the referral 2 months later because It wasn't received in the right location, but He has been extremely supportive and pushes to get me in for the procedures. Even when I started to be in constant pain we have been trying to address both issues and get me in for the proper testing. They are both amazing, I understand the health care system has its fault and he has so many patients it's hard to be seen quickly, but they get you in as quickly as possible.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

I have been going to Dr Hugo because of menstruation that lasted for much longer than normal. Dr Hugo was great with explaining different options and providing tests to see what the underlying cause may be. He also did a hymenectomy on my daughter who was having horrible cramping and would feel nauseous with her menstruation. He was really good with making her feel comfortable in what for her was a very embarrassing situation for a teen. He was kind, and made her feel at ease. I am very greatful we have a good doctor like him in Cranbrook.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2016

I have been seeing Dr.Hugo since moving here a year ago. I see him for fertility issues and general OB issues. He is kind and compassionate, good bedside manner and knowledgeable. He was thorough with testing and did not hesitate to refer me to a fertility specialist. In saying that, he is a bit forgetful, and rushed- obviously because he is so busy. My problem is with his secretary, Fran. She is kind in person, however grossly incompetent, and I have to call multiple times and leave multiple messages to get a call back for simple things like test results. I feel like she is a huge barrier in my proper care, and that she does not understand that infertility is a medical issue that requires just as much if not SOME attention as the other patients. I have been nothing but tolerant and patient as I know how over burdened the medical system is, but enough is enough. I am a nurse myself and know this to be unacceptable and negligent care simply because of her impeding. I should not have to wait two weeks for her to simply print out test results to bring to the fertility clinic in Calgary. When I explain to her that this is very important and time sensitive, she is rude, and does not seem to understand the gravity. Because of her, I will be switching OBGYNs and also filing a complaint. Time to retire, Fran.

Submitted September 1, 2015

For years I was having post menopausal bleeding. Dr. Hugo saw I had gone through the regular testing that showed negative results. Right away he knew needed a biopsy. It was my first time being put under at age 63. I went to the hospital and sure enough it was indometrial cancer. It was scary but while talking to him, I felt it was necessary and he had such a gentle voice. I felt ok about it. Thank you Dr. Hugo. Onto the hysterectomy. He took time to explain things which the bottom line is that I had cancer but it was only a grade 2. Perhaps no chemo and he said that I will live a very long time.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2015