Ratings for Dr. Anthony G. Sommer

Dr Sommer, is the consummate professional, He takes a genuine interest in his patients and spends the time to listen and understand the problem. I have been with Dr Sommer for the past 8 years and am glad to have found him. I have recommended Dr Sommer to all my friends ad collegues.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

A HEALTH PARTNER, NOT JUST A HEALTH PRACTITIONER. I’ve never written a review of a doctor before. But...this one is worth it. I’m a 41 year old woman who has gone to the doctors 2 or 3 times a year for allergies or sinus issues all of my adult life. I was accustomed to the “weigh in, take your blood pressure, tell them what your there for, leave with a prescription” type of healthcare...in and out as quick as you can because there’s a lobby full of people waiting for their turn. Most times I’d see a nurse or an assistant, simply because it just didn’t matter who prescribed my allergy medicine as long as I could breath through my nose at the end of the day. And while I’d been lucky enough not to have any major health issues, it had become a running joke that no one ever seemed to talk to me about my weight issue...which was a SIGNIFICANT issue. Anyhow, then a few months ago, I made an appointment for a sinus infection and in walked Dr. Sommers. The first thing he asked was “When was the last time you saw a physician”. I had to think about that. It honestly had been YEARS and YEARS. For the first time in my adult life (and we’re talking over two decades here), he sat and wrote down ALL of my medical history...clear back to 1995 when I was burned at a KFC I worked for. Even as he was writing it down, I was thinking it was a little silly since I was just there for my nose. After taking down my medical history, he looked at my sinuses and my ears and confirmed that they were indeed infected. I figured I’d have a prescription and be out the door in less than 5 minutes. But...also for the first time in two decades...he started to address issues OTHER than what I came there for. He said that my blood pressure was high and we needed to get that under control. He said we’d take care of the sinuses and the blood pressure, that I’d come back in for a BP check in 3 weeks, and then we’d address my BMI. I was floored. Had he ACTUALLY brought up my weight?!?! I was ecstatic! Finally! So...three weeks later, I was back. The blood pressure was doing better, the sinuses were clear. I figured...wrongly...that he’d hurry me in the door and then right out. Instead...he sat down and we really talked about what I needed to do to fix my weight issue. We sat there for a good 20-25 minutes while he showed genuine interest in me and my overall well-being. We set goals and a date for a follow-up appointment, and I couldn’t get the thought out of my head that...FINALLY...I’d met a health “partner” rather than just a health “practitioner”. I’m excited to be on this journey with him as my guide.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2018

Great doctor my family has. Been going to him for years. Always takes his time.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Dr. Sommer is an excellent physician! It has become more difficult these days to find a physician who takes their time with you, has an excellent bedside manner and really cares about their patients. Dr. Sommer is one of those physicians! He was able to help diagnose a tricky case of asthma when other physicians, even a lung specialist, had been unable to. He really listens to his patients, which to me is a huge part of understanding what patient issues are. His examinations are thorough and he takes his time to help educate and reinforce what his recommendations are. If you go see Dr. Sommer then I'd say you've chosen a great physician!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

I love Dr. Sommer, he's so friendly and knows how to get along with you. He really cares for your health and will try his best, all of his patients mean much to him. I really recommend him, such a cool guy!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

Dr. Sommer has been my doctor for over three years, his concern for the patients is outstanding.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

Dr. Sommers a peoples doctor. He listens , answers all your questions and make sure you understand the information. A great guy , glad to have him as our doctor.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2017

Dr.Sommer is one of a kind of doctor, he really takes his time to listen to you and treats you as an individual, I suffer from chronic UTI's for years and it has affected my life in all levels and he is the only doctor that took his time and tried alternative treatments that no other doctor would try. He is direct but very kind and warm soul. I am very thankful I found him, he gave me hope when I had none, he is Angel.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2017

I was looking for a primary care practitioner and I found Dr. Sommer 2 years ago. He's very professional and helped me get through some back problems. I love the way I feel when I go to his office, his staff is always friendly and attentive. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr. Anthony Sommer is very professional, kind, and thorough. Helped me quit smoking 8 years ago and taught me how to reach a healthy weight. He's never in a hurry and takes time to listen to my needs. In my opinion one of the best doctors in town. Thanks Dr. Sommer!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Dr. Anthony G. Sommer's Credentials

• Univ Of Melbourne, Fac Of Med, Parkville, Vic, Australia (Grad. 1982)