Ratings for Dr. Beulah T. Penumudi

This doctor almost cost me my sanity, and my life by abruptly changing a course of treatment that was working, and replacing it with an insufficient regimen inspite of what her peers told her. Rude, hard to understand, and not patient focused. It’s scary knowing she is practicing medicine anywhere, let alone at the Veterans Administration Lake City Florida 1-800-308-8387. She moved from primary care to the nursing home so there’s no telling how many others she is torturing with her subpar care cause these folks can’t speak for themselves. This doctor should be run out of the medical field on a rail. She leaves chaos, pain, and unhappiness in her wake. She hurts patients mentally and physically. Also she does not physically exam her patients before making arbitrary changes that are harmful.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

doctor was very freindly,compassionate,and very good bedside manners

flag | Submitted February 19, 2014

Subsequent to mandibular advancement surgery, I was prescribed hydrocodone for the pain associated with a misaligned bite and a developing granuloma around my surgical plates. Replaced my pain meds for others that negatively interacted with other drugs prescribed. I ended up in the ER for serotonin syndrome, and swollen lymph nodes due to a suspected allergy to NSAID medications. Dr. Penumudi refused to re-prescribe hydrocodone, and refused to refer me to the proper specialists as requested by my surgeons. She tried to place me on other NSAID medications, I refused, requested hydrocodone, and a simple physical examination of the problem area (inside my gum) so that she could see that I was not fabricating a story for pills, she called the VA police claiming that I was trying to force her to write narcotic prescriptions. This Doctor should never have gotten out of residency. She only cares about the computer, and freaks when she needs to physically touch a patient. Worst doctor ever.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2014

She paid more attention to her computer monitor and cell vs me. My physical complaints weren't addressed as being imp thus I ended up in ER within 12 hrs of my visit. She'd rather be your friend vs your Dr??? Seeing another internist and very happy.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I went for an annual. She spent all her time behind the computer. She didn't even examine me. She just went over the results of my tests which I could have done online. She is hard to understand not only because she has a thick accent, but she mumbles. No patient-doctor interaction at all. She doesn't listen to you at all. I went to see her about a persistant cold several months ago. She kept insisting the sore throat I had was from esophagus reflex which I am already on a med. for from a gastro doc. She prescribed an additional med. This is not the first time I've seen her. I called this morning and switched doctors. Who knows if the next will be any better. It's a crap shoot with HMO's.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

Dr. asked questions that was on medical form which wasted time then she never completed physical, then rushed us out when it was time for her next appointment. Very disappointed in service.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

Dr. Beulah T. Penumudi's Credentials

• Dr Br Ambedkar Med Coll, Bangalore Univ, Bangalore, Karnataka (Grad. 1991)