Ratings for Dr. Greg E. Fihn

The most incompetent, carless and irresponsible Doctor I have ever encountered. If you value your health, stay far away from this Doctor and his staff. I have deep regrets ever consulting him. I’m changing Doctors after only a few weeks.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

I am unhappy with staff. Every time I try to get my prescriptions fill the staff is slow and acts as if they are doing me a favor and not a paying customer. Thinking about looking for another doctor.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2014

Dr. Fihn has been helping my family for almost the past year now. He is very friendly and spends time with his patients. It seems like he really cares and wants to find out exactly what the ailment is. We also like that his office offers herbal supplements if we choose not to use pharmaceuticals. Dr. Fihn and his staff always seem to be interested in our needs and what they can do to make us feel better.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

I believe Dr. Fihn is a nice doctor. However, I was disappointed that he required me to follow-up with him, the follow-up requires you to pay a co-pay, and he only had to give me a minutes worth of information that seriously could have been done on the phone. I am also disappointed that I got in the mail a information packet wanting me to join an organization with Dr. Fihn that will allow me to receive better healthcare by Dr. Fihn for an extra montly payment. I cannot afford this, and I dont want to be treated as a second class patient because I cannot afford to be a part of this extra insurance or whatever it is. Why do I have to pay for better personal care? I guess the time of doctors giving the best care because they actually care is over.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Finn and his staff are very kind and always helpful in explaining everything to me and my Son-in-Law who helps me with my healthcare issues. They follow up to make certain that I am properly scheduled with Specialists to whom I was referred and even check in afterward. With all you hear about doctors rushing through to see as many patients as possible, I find Dr. Finn to be caring, focused and helpful. I would recommend his practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2011

The Dr. put me on a prescription for cholesterol, that I have been taking for approx 6 months. I had blood work done in Jan, Mar(my annual physical) and in June for a life insurance policy, each time my cholesterol was lower, and the most recent test showed my cholesterol is now normal(174). Today I called the Drs office to ask if he wanted me to stop taking the medication. Pretty simple question in my opinion, but the lady on the phone immediately said I would need to come in for an appointment. Why? Just so they could charge me an office visit? I said that it was not necessary for me to come in and she accused me of being rude and refused to even ask. I said she was being obstinate by not trying to work with me, and if they didn't want to work with me, they didn't need to have me as a patient. They want to screw me out of $98 for an office visit to answer 1 simple question that I should be able to get answered over the phone and I am being rude? She said that it is "his policy".

flag | Submitted July 19, 2011

Dr. Fihn is a quiet, caring physician. He has excellent in-office manner. His staff is very efficient and caring. I believe he is a good family physician. He is a little conservative and wants to do a little more testing than I believe is needed. His billing process is efficient and getting an appt. is easy. He has VERY good follow-up. His office calls you to make sure you are following up with appts., tests, etc. (almost unheard of these days). I will continue to see him as my MD.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2009

Dr. Greg E. Fihn's Credentials

• Des Moines Univ, Coll Osteo Med & Surg, Des Moines Ia 50312 (Grad. 1992)