Ratings for Dr. Ernest William Wigmore

Dr. Wigmore is lacking both proffesional behaviour and knowledge.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2015

This old cockroach made the Vancouver Sun, for unprofessional conduct, fined and forced to resign. Why am I not surprised after my experience with him as a rude, unhelpful lout.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

I have heard a lot of flack about Dr. Wigmore,and feel I must let people know my findings. He hasn't always had the best bedside manner, Dr.s have bad days like anyone else. In general, he takes the time to explain the problem to me and is not quick to throw a pill at a problem. When I was in extreme pain in the l side of my torso, he was the only Doc who actually believed I was in genuine pain and not just out for pain killers. He mercifully prescribed me m-eslon 100mg, and weaned me off of them painlessly, he is a credit to medicine. SIGNED: Tom Muir

flag | Submitted June 29, 2010

This rating is made in full knowledge, and in spite of, Dr Wigmore's apparent reputation. It is based on one series of visits made to him regarding a potentially life threatening condition when my usual physician was away. I was very pleased with my dealings with Dr Wigmore. Very punctual, thorough and professional. Immediately ordered appropriate diagnostic testing which fully validated his knowledge and judgement. Follow-up care was detailed and proper. Found him to be a good listener, empathetic and patient. Could not fault him, his professionalism or his manner through a series of appointments. A re-check by my own physician on his return indicated all applicable testing and procedures had been carried out thoroughly and professionally.I valued my experience with Dr Wigmore and could not have asked for better or more professional care from any other physician. It is unfortunate that so few others have found him the same. Was I lucky? Don't know. Was I satisfied? Eminently. Thanks.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

A dear friend of mine under 35 years of age died within the last month. My friend was a patient of this physician and in this writer’s opinion did not receive the proper healthcare that the “Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms” is meant to guarantee for all Canadian Citizens. My friend made an appointment because of severe chest pain. My friend was seen for less than 5 minutes, told the chest pain was a "soft tissue" pain and given more pills on top of the too many prescriptions my friend was already taking (my friend was on at least 14 different medications at once, five of which were for pain). My dear friend's death has left friends and family stunned and in disbelief. To come to see that my friend was ill enough to die and yet was obviously not considered ill enough by said physician to be hospitalized is disturbing at best. This is so very sad and therefore I would not recommend this physician. (Coroner's report to follow).

flag | Submitted November 12, 2009

Short with patience, and questionable skill in diagnosis. Has ability to get people into specialist at an accelerated pace, but you'd better know exactly what's wrong before going to see him as he may not have the patience to listen to your concerns.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

The worst Dr I have ever been to. He is very rude and very ignorant. When I can not get in to see my Dr, and they say you can see Dr Wigmore I tell them right out there is no way I will ever go back to see that quack.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2009

Dr. Wigmore was the only doctor taking patients, i had heared horrible things and came to find that they were true, he was very rude, not helpful, argumental and made me feel very uncomfortable in several ways. he is the worst doctor i have ever seen.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2008

He was the only Dr taking patients when I came to Cranbrook and I found out why quickly. He's rude, dismissive and too much "in a hurry" to listen to any concerns. I brought my 7 year old daughter in for a checkup and he actually told me that she was 5 lbs overweight!! This kid is as skinny as a rake!! Needless to say she's stressed about it ever since. What a moron. How'd he ever get a licence to practice?

flag | Submitted December 13, 2008

Very helpful if you already know what's wrong with you and what medication you need. I got my last appointment in less than 15 minutes and I was in and out in less than 55 seconds. No tests, no exam, no history, no follow-up. Saves time, but in a place where there is a shortage of doctors getting appointments that quickly is not generally a good sign.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2008