Ratings for Dr. Norm Wellington

I always had a great interest in gaming but my parents always hated that part of me. My greatest wanted to build myself a gaming computer but of course my parents didn't like the idea of it. Since my parents were so controlling, I've felt like a bird inside a cage until I've met Dr. Wellington. He has helped me gain new interests and figure out the concept of "fun" which in my opinion, helped me interact with others more easily, and this was all done without the loss of my personal interest towards gaming. His therapy also helped me get to know my parents better and form better relationships with them, and here I am sitting beside my newly built computer, freed from the caged feeling.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

I came into contact with Dr. Wellington by what, at the time, seemed like a total fluke. Prior to our introduction, I had met with various other therapists and achieved limited to no results. When I first contacted Dr. Wellington, he offered a brief phone conversation to introduce himself and his practice, learn about me, set expectations, and address any apprehensions that I had. It was almost as if he knew what I was looking for before I explained it to him. I have been seeing Dr. Wellington for a few months and have really appreciated our time together. We have been able to address challenges and issues that I have faced, while also working on our mutual trust and relationship to be able to conquer deeper issues in the future. With time, I have begun to understand to view prior life events and subsequent decision-making, which was very challenging for me in the past. It has also become clear to me that I will proportionally get out of my sessions relative to what I put into them. Dr. Wellington is always ready to offer advice and knowledge, but has always been clear that I am responsible for my own conclusions, decisions, and actions. It took a while to comprehend, but a lot of the therapeutic work done in our sessions actually occurs outside of the therapy setting. I think this is a fantastic approach and a lot different than simply providing generic “homework,” which I have received from other therapists. I’m not certain that Dr. Wellington is ideal for every type of patient, but his frankness about his practice allows for the opportunity to know his approach either before or within one session; that’s a lot more than can be said from other therapists that I have visited in the past. My only complaint is that at the end of our one hour sessions, I am hungry for another 30-60 minutes, which of course isn’t feasible!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

When I first came to see Dr. Wellington, I was depressed and felt my life was stuck in a meaningless cycle for over 3 years. I constantly put it off, because being raised Asian, seeing a psychologist was almost taboo. Eventually the severe weight gain, alcohol abuse, and related health problems just had to be dealt with. I booked 1 to 2 sessions with each Dr. Wellington and 3 other therapists. His abilities to perceive my problems and most importantly his ability to communicate to me on a personal and effective level are the reasons why I chose him. Since I’ve put off therapy for longer than I would recommend, some of my limiting perceptions were fairly entrenched. Dr. Wellington was quite patient in sharing his experiences, establishing rapport and building trust before helping me confront my issues. Yes it was tough when I was first forced to confront my issues, but if it was easy I wold not be paying for therapy. His sessions(8 over 2 months) helped me break out of my self-destructive habits and develop a positive and helpful outlook to life. Its assuring to have someone knowledgeable and I can trust at this level be available should I hit another hiccup in life. The biggest difference with Dr. Wellington is the way he talks to you, you will feel he knows exactly what you are saying, as opposed to only knowing conceptually.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

after a session I feel refreshed and ready to face the rest of the word. I wish I had found him earlier. Although we are still working together I do not hesitate to recommend him to anyone in need of an excellent psycologist Thanks dr. Norm. You are the best!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I came to Dr. Wellington as a referral. Thanks to him I was able to learn how to deal with my anxiety. This last year I was able to handle my Mother's serious illness and passing, major neck surgery, and also work rehabilitation. I know that I could not have endured all of these major life events without the Doctor. At times he pushes me in areas I need, however, he always asks permission before he engages me in the behaviour. I am most grateful that he actually cares. I highly recommend and appreciate Norm.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I have been very pleased with my experience with Dr. Wellington. I found him to be knowledgeable, professional and honest. His guidance enabled me to create my own action plans and to achieve my goals. His approach was effective and the process was smooth. Many thanks, Norm.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Been seeing Dr. Wellington for awhile now and he has really help me through many issues during our time together. Including dealing with my social anxiety and motivating me to actually try and make something of my at times seemingly meaningless life. He's helped me get my diploma and pursue further education.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Wellington is a highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced professional psychologist with an excellent work ethic. He works respectfully and compassionately with his clients. Using his extensive skills and excellent insight he helped me overcome my fear of dogs after I had been bitten by a dog. Dr. Wellington supported me when I needed help to work through the grieving process after the loss of my parents. He helped me to develop a set of coping skills to deal with high anxiety and stressful situations. I left each session highly motivated with an action plan in hand to work on solving high anxiety and stressful situations. I now have greater self-confidence and self-esteem. I appreciate all the hard work that Dr. Wellington has done to get me on the right track so that I am able to move forward successfully. I would highly recommend Norm to anyone who needs help and support for any problems they may have.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I was lost; full of fear and self-loathing; I had lost all confidence and I didn't know how to get through the darkness that enveloped my life. Dr. Wellington helped me. He helped me understand my demons. Then he helped me control them. Now I feel much more balanced and centered. Dr. Wellington helped me become whole; he changed my perspective and my outlook. “Dr. Norm” warned me that it would be challenging to face my demons but his warm demeanor, subtle humour and humility encourages me to keep working to defeat them. His ability to point out the positive gains made over our sessions has taught me to look at myself with greater respect and optimism; to understand myself and my emotions better. I am grateful for his support, patience and understanding. It has been a challenging journey to get where I am from where I was and I could not have accomplished it without Dr. Wellington.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

You have to ask yourself why all of these reviews sound like Norm wrote them himself. His idea of treatment was pathetic. He never set up a plan or dealt with the issues. Not a good choice!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017