Ratings for Dr. Norm Wellington

Dr Wellington is a highly knowledgeable practitioner with a vast skill set. In the time he treated my husband and I, he supported us through marital crisis as well as provided mental health support for both of us. He is personable and respectful, and committed to putting issues on the table in a way that helps you to deal with the true problems at hand. He is adept at triaging complex issues, and in my experience, this skill set helped to break down our problems so that they no longer felt insurmountable. He used a strength based approach and paid close attention to details and values that mattered to us. Outside of his clinical expertise, I was most appreciative of his genuine compassion. He made himself readily available in times of need, and provided follow up support after some time had passed when our treatment was over. I work in the mental health field and am familiar with many clinicians- I would highly recommend Norm to help support a multitude of issues.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Wellington helped me when I was struggling with severe anxiety, low self esteem and suicidal thoughts. He guided me through and showed me the fallacy in my thought process. I found great comfort in our sessions and was able to successfully move forward in my life. Thank you, Norm. :)

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

Dr. Wellington has helped me to recover from a serious nervous breakdown. His support was critical for my stabilization and recovery. During the sessions he guided me to get to the root of the cause of my breakdown. Thank you for all your help and patience during our sessions, Norm :)

flag | Submitted February 8, 2016

I recently did some extensive counceling with Dr. Wellington. At first he was very effective and helpful. On our last two hrs of meetings when we were doing a wind up he showed a negative side referred to by a few earlier posts. I found myself wondering, " who is this incredibly rude condescending jerk"? Had he showed me his true hidden side to begin with there never would have been a second visit.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I am so grateful to Dr. Wellington for his sensible approach to many problems I have had in the last two years since my husband passed away. I appreciate his down to earth approach and his great sense of humor. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend him to friends who are going through tough times.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

It is with deep gratitude that I post this note in regards to Dr. Norm Wellington. I have been attending therapy with him on and off with him for a number of years. The first few years were rather intense and after that time I was able to successfully release myself from therapy with the skills and tools I needed to move forward with ease and confidence. Throughout the years, I have returned when I have needed some help with various issues that have come up and after a few sessions I am back on my way! Therapy with Dr. Wellington is a true gift, it has been my great pleasure and privilege to have him as my therapist though which there are many rewards, and for which I am truly grateful. In addition to my time with him, as other's in my life have come to issues that they cannot mange themselves, I have passed along his name. It has pleased me to no end that not only was he a great help to me, but he was to them as well. It is with great confidence that I would recommend Dr Wellington as a therapist and if you were to choose to seek help from him, I'm sure you will feel the same gratitude I do and as well meet with the same success I have.

Submitted March 2, 2015

Dr. Wellington is results focused and effective. I have found him to be very astute, compassionate, and helpful. When I approached Dr. Wellington, I wanted to create change in my life that would bring me to a healthier place, where I could better manage and cope with my particular set of problems. Dr. Wellington worked with me to help me identify and understand some of these problems, and he helped me develop real solutions to put into practice. We then followed through on how well these solutions were working and any adjustments or changes I could focus on to create further improvements. In the past, I have been disappointed by other therapists who simply encouraged me to talk about my life and my feelings, without providing adequate guidance to help me solve or even cope with difficult and upsetting situations. Dr. Wellington has helped me understand and focus on how I can make situations better and develop my ability to cope with difficult situations.

Submitted March 2, 2015

Over the past two years, Dr.Wellington has helped me become aware of self-limiting and self-defeating patterns of thinking and behaviour that are very deeply ingrained and which originated in the dysfunctional interpersonal dynamics of my family of origin. Dr. Wellington has helped me achieve, recognize and acknowledge personal successes and positive changes, even as I sometimes overlooked them. It has been a slow and difficult journey, but Dr. Wellington has kept me moving forward in a thoughtful, friendly and supportive manner. I highly recommend Dr. Wellington to anyone who is willing to work hard to make a positive change in their life.

Submitted November 16, 2014

Dr. Wellington is one of the most intriguing and intricate individuals I have had the pleasure of meeting. He has the unique ability to speak in a clear and effective manner, whilst refraining entirely from condescension. He structures his practice so to make you feel as though the two of you are simply equals, as he helps you help yourself. My time with Dr. Wellington has been thorough, on-going, and intense, however I can wholeheartedly say that I look forward to my time with him. Dr. Wellington has assisted me in understanding the emotions I have, and empowering myself to follow these towards a path of sustainable fulfillment. He consistently provides me with anecdotes, strategies, and external resources to enrich my experience, and never fails to encourage positivity and modesty in the worst of times. I cannot begin to express the immense gratitude I feel for Dr. Wellington. With his assistance, I have become a fuller version of myself. I am more joyous and appreciative. I have a broader perspective of the immediate and extended world around me, and feel prepared to tackle adversity with grace and preparation.

Submitted September 7, 2014

Have to agree with earlier comments from 2009 and 2007. This psychologist is potentially dangerous . He takes advantage of vulnerability and in my case outstepped his boundary as a healthcare provider. He was judgemental, rude and caused psychological scarring that I had to seek therapy for years later.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014