Ratings for Dr. Norm Wellington

I came to Dr. Wellington as a referral. Thanks to him I was able to learn how to deal with my anxiety. This last year I was able to handle my Mother's serious illness and passing, major neck surgery, and also work rehabilitation. I know that I could not have endured all of these major life events without the Doctor. At times he pushes me in areas I need, however, he always asks permission before he engages me in the behaviour. I am most grateful that he actually cares. I highly recommend and appreciate Norm.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

I think the guy needs a psychologist himself. He is not helpful but is trying to patronize. He has some meanness. I feel like he may be predator. if someone weak comes in. He hasn't helped a bit. All that money to the trash bin.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

I have been very pleased with my experience with Dr. Wellington. I found him to be knowledgeable, professional and honest. His guidance enabled me to create my own action plans and to achieve my goals. His approach was effective and the process was smooth. Many thanks, Norm.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Been seeing Dr. Wellington for awhile now and he has really help me through many issues during our time together. Including dealing with my social anxiety and motivating me to actually try and make something of my at times seemingly meaningless life. He's helped me get my diploma and pursue further education.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2017

Dr. Wellington is a highly skilled, knowledgeable and experienced professional psychologist with an excellent work ethic. He works respectfully and compassionately with his clients. Using his extensive skills and excellent insight he helped me overcome my fear of dogs after I had been bitten by a dog. Dr. Wellington supported me when I needed help to work through the grieving process after the loss of my parents. He helped me to develop a set of coping skills to deal with high anxiety and stressful situations. I left each session highly motivated with an action plan in hand to work on solving high anxiety and stressful situations. I now have greater self-confidence and self-esteem. I appreciate all the hard work that Dr. Wellington has done to get me on the right track so that I am able to move forward successfully. I would highly recommend Norm to anyone who needs help and support for any problems they may have.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

I was lost; full of fear and self-loathing; I had lost all confidence and I didn't know how to get through the darkness that enveloped my life. Dr. Wellington helped me. He helped me understand my demons. Then he helped me control them. Now I feel much more balanced and centered. Dr. Wellington helped me become whole; he changed my perspective and my outlook. “Dr. Norm” warned me that it would be challenging to face my demons but his warm demeanor, subtle humour and humility encourages me to keep working to defeat them. His ability to point out the positive gains made over our sessions has taught me to look at myself with greater respect and optimism; to understand myself and my emotions better. I am grateful for his support, patience and understanding. It has been a challenging journey to get where I am from where I was and I could not have accomplished it without Dr. Wellington.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2017

You have to ask yourself why all of these reviews sound like Norm wrote them himself. His idea of treatment was pathetic. He never set up a plan or dealt with the issues. Not a good choice!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

This man gave me my life back when I thought all hope was lost. I suffered from PTSD, extreme anxiety, agoraphobia... I spent 8 years suffering, numerous hospital visits, seeing over a dozen psychiatrists and therapists, tried over a dozen different meds, tried exercise, yoga, meditation, acupuncture, massage... Read thousands of scientific papers on mental health to find a cure but nothing provided any significant results. After 4 weeks of therapy (granted it was multiple times a week as I was in a very time sensitive situation) with Norm I managed to travel 7000km to be home for a family emergency. Before that I'd have panic attacks just leaving the city. His extensive knowledge, kind demeanour, excellent insight, superior skill set, ability to see the big picture as the sum of all its parts helped me overcome my biggest fears. Norm gave me my life back, a price cannot be put on that. Thank you so much. I still can't believe this is real!!!

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

Dr Wellington is a highly knowledgeable practitioner with a vast skill set. In the time he treated my husband and I, he supported us through marital crisis as well as provided mental health support for both of us. He is personable and respectful, and committed to putting issues on the table in a way that helps you to deal with the true problems at hand. He is adept at triaging complex issues, and in my experience, this skill set helped to break down our problems so that they no longer felt insurmountable. He used a strength based approach and paid close attention to details and values that mattered to us. Outside of his clinical expertise, I was most appreciative of his genuine compassion. He made himself readily available in times of need, and provided follow up support after some time had passed when our treatment was over. I work in the mental health field and am familiar with many clinicians- I would highly recommend Norm to help support a multitude of issues.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

Dr. Wellington helped me when I was struggling with severe anxiety, low self esteem and suicidal thoughts. He guided me through and showed me the fallacy in my thought process. I found great comfort in our sessions and was able to successfully move forward in my life. Thank you, Norm. :)

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016