Ratings for Dr. Bruce Pipher

As with the others who have commented I do agree with the receptionist being really rude and just plain old mean and grumpy. So not the person to be on the front lines dealing with parents who are already sad,worried,concerned over their children and then they have to deal with this?!!?

flag | Submitted September 12, 2017

Our experience with Dr. Pipher has been wonderful. Patient, knowledgeable, kind, compassionate, good sense of humour. We also did not get a rude staff member as others have - quite the opposite. It's almost as if these negative reviews were written by one person. Nothing like our extensive experiences!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

17 years ago, I saw Dr. Pipher with my son, then almost 5 years old. He did no tests with my son, just talked with his dad and I for about 30 -45 minutes, got up and said. "Go home, be more consistent and take some parenting lessons. If it gets worse come see me in a year." Any idea what impact that made on me? What did he just tell me after waiting to see him for 10 months? Basically in a nice way that I suck at parenting and my son is just a brat and that I am wasting his time. A year later all he does is have his wife who was the front receptionist at the time and very inpolite, do a short 5-10 minute computer test with my son. What I didnt like was that she kept pushing the keys interfering with what my son did during the test, tempering with the test. My son got diagnosed with mild ADHD, ODD, OCD, Reactive Attachmeny disorder and Generalized Anxiety disorder. Needless to say I didnt go back to see Dr. Pipher. Now on December 22nd 2016, my son is now 21, we finally saw a Dr. at UBC Vancouver. A professional specialized to diagnose ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorders) in Adults. Dr Pipher may be knowledgeable to diagnose typical Autism (non verbal and low functioning) but anyone can do that by doing a bit of research. His incompetence and Arrogance has left us without proper help and the funding my son would have so desperately needed. It has made our lives a living hell all through his school years and I almost gave up. We had to move all over the place and my poor daughter who is 4 years younger than my son and myself suffered tremendously because of the situation. It would serve Dr. Pipher well to get off of his ego trip and actually educate himself propperly since he claims to be the Specislist of ASD in the Okanagan. What a joke! For 17 years I have feared that after all, I am a bad parent, that my son is just a manipulative brat. I knew in my heart that my son has ASD, so I did not give up. Sadly it is a bit too late for my son, but at least now I know that I was actually right from the start and my son and I can heal. Listen to your gut, dont give up. Never, ever give up if you do the propper research and you see the symptoms match your child's behaviours.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

His front desk/receptionist is rude, unhelpful and not very kind. Dr. Pipher is always on time for appointments with my son but in the few years we have been seeing him very little has been done about my sons struggles and he has actually gotten way worse over the last 6 months. Really not happy with the lack of availability of Dr. Pipher and also his rude receptionist who treats patients poorly.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

flag | Submitted November 10, 2016

Very nice doctor says it as it is kind, Nice, very helpful

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Great doctor. Even dispite his unimaginably hectic work load.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2015

i have to agree with the comment regarding one particular staff member.. she is extremely unprofessional and should not be aloud to work with children with special needs.. very very rude! rest of the staff seemed great and dr pipher was ver compassionate and helpful with my childs needs

Submitted August 15, 2013

Although Dr. Pipher himself was kind and easy to talk to for our son's assessment, the results and the opportunity to ask questions in regards to these results has been delayed for over a year. I am not entirely sure if the delay is his error, or that of the staff at IHCAN, but unacceptable either way. It turns out our pediatrician never recevied the assessment back either. As such, I cannot rate how knowledgable he is as have not had the opportunity to find out. Ball is now rolling since involving Interior Health Patient Care Office. Hopefully this will be an opportunity to make things right and help our family and our son. I would suggest involving Interior Health Patient Care Office if results are delayed sooner than we did as I fear the answers will not help much now that so much time as passed. I will however mention a positive note: We had the opportunity to attend a parent information session in downtown Kelowna where Dr. Pipher was a speaker. It was a good conference.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2013

We find Dr Pipher to be a responsible, kind, respectful and dedicated Dr. he takes time, has never rush to diagnose,he does consult with other proffessionals and is humble enough to accept the fact that he does not have answers for every complex cases.In 8 years he has proffed to be consistent and uses his knowledge to full potential, when you have a family member with very complex mental illness you can not expect any Dr to give you a miracle treatment or a pill to cure you. We also need to educate ourselves before expecting or jumping into conclucions about the capability of Drs. Family members and patients with mental illness need to realize how much simpler is to see and xray of a broken bone diagnose and treat it. Unfortunatetly you can x ray the broad spectrum of mental disorders, we trust that Dr Ppher will continue doing his best in behalf of our loving daughter. Our much appreciation

flag | Submitted November 11, 2012

• Anthem Blue Cross
  • Anthem Blue Cross Life & Health Insurance Company
  • Anthem Blue Cross Of California
  • Anthem Bluecard Of St Louis
  • Anthem Group Services Corp.
  • Anthem Mcare Replacement
  • Humana PPO
  • Humana Veterans
Mcm Maxcare
  • Medicare (General)
  • Medicare Replacement (Humana Replacement)
Prime Health Services
Priority Medicare Advantage
Quality Health Plans
Rockport Health Care
Three Rivers Provider Network
Union Pacific Railroad
Va Coordinated Care For The Uninsured (Vcc)
Veterans Administration