Ratings for Dr. Stefan Van Niekerk

I have had no problems with Dr. Van Niekerk. I have seen him several times for numerous issues. The only negative thing that can even remotely be said is that sometimes he gets behind his appt times and I am SURE that it is because he is talking with the patients about their issues. This to me is not to be construed as a negative because some docs simply view you as a number and do not talk/explain anything to you. He is relatively new to the Medi Clinic but it is good to see a new younger face in there. So far, no problems and I have an appt later this week for an injection for possible relief to an issue that has been plaguing me for a while now. Here's HOPING!

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr. Van Niekerk is now practicing out of the Kenderdine Medical Clinic in Saskatoon and we've been seeing him since early 2017. He is fantastic, very thorough and knowledgeable and takes the time to give you many options for your care. He's great with kids (we have a four year old and one year old). Great bedside manner. Sometimes runs behind but that is likely because he takes the time with his patients. Overall, fantastic clinic (although I have had a bad experience with one physician who has since left the clinic). So far, we have no complaints and just hope he sticks around and doesn't go out of province. Great walk in clinic as well for minor emergencies.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

Saw him as a walk in patient. Extremely rude and yelled at me with no apology. Left the clinic very upset and shaken. I would not recommend this doctor due to his poor attitude.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2016

We have found Dr. Stephan to be a great doctor for ouselves, our daughter and our grandchildren. He is very personable, and listens to all of our concerns. He has referred us to specialists when he was in doublt and seeks to find information on issues he is uncertain about. He has b een our doctor for 5 years and we are very satisfied with the care he has given us.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I don't understand all the negative comments. Dr. Stefan has been my doctor for years and I have nothing but good things to say about him. He is extremely caring and always manages to get to the bottom of whatever my problem is, big or small. He's extremely punctual, I rarely have to wait long. Always friendly, has never been rude. He explains things thoroughly and never gives me the feeling that I'm wasting his time. He is especially knowledgable on sports injuries. He has reffered me and my family to specialists when our issues exceeded his expertise. He is a little quick to perscribe medication, but what doctor isn't? A couple times I've gone to the walk-in clinic (to see another doctor) and since Dr. Stefan was free, he told me to come right in to his office. Even though, I have never witnessed him in a "bad mood", I think poeple need to understand that everyone has bad days and can't be super-friendly 100% of the time. Dr's have very stressful jobs, especially in the ER.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2011

Dr. Van Niekerk is a great Dr. He has always been attentive and if I have the slightest concern he looks into it right away. I trust him with out a doubt! He always remembers my name and my husband and asks about issues he has seen him about months ago!!!

flag | Submitted May 5, 2011

Dr. Stefan Van Niekerk shouldn't even have his doctor's license... He is the worst doctor i've ever been too... wouldn't even do a follow up test for a blood pregnancy test even though i still had symptoms and was a week late on my period... he laughed in my face and told me there was zero percent chance that i am, and refused to do anything... i chose to wait and see my family docor who ended up doing another blood and urine test which tested positive. I will never go to that niekerk ever again... HORRIBLE DOCTOR!! A few people i know that have gone to him say that he didn't help them either... Don't waste your time with him!

flag | Submitted October 19, 2010

Stefan is a great doctor! I have been his patient for many years and trust him with my life. He listens, understands and does everything in his power to heal the problem. Perhaps some folk should try to understand his communicating skills before they judge his ability to heal. Stefan is a doctor - not a nursemaid!

flag | Submitted August 4, 2010

I have been receiving care from Dr Van Niekerk since I moved to Winkler. On numerous occasions I have seen him in the walk-in clinic and he was very attentive and very caring. I find him to be very understanding and takes his time to explain everything and answer my questions.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

I had hip problems. He tried to prescribe depression medication even though I didn't feel depressed. When I refused to take them he withdrew care completely stonewalling me and leaking information to my doctor I went to see for a second opinion. Would NOT refer specialist or talk to my physiotherapist. Does not work well with any other medical fields or patients. Even when I was walking with a cane he recommended I go to work full time which was totally impossible at the time.Went elsewhere for help including a different clinic altogether.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2009