Ratings for Dr. Thomas Jacobs

My usual doc was away and I was directed to Dr. Jacobs for a minor issue. While I came in for a physical problem, I left sad and depressed. Could he not focus on me for just 2 min? Am I that inconsequential?

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

I had been a patient of Dr. Jacobs for about 5 years after moving to the Lower Mainland. On the plus side, he was easy to chat with and had a good sense of humour. But, like others have already posted, he is not - in my opinion - up to date on his knowledge. I asked him to look at a rough, red patch on my upper back about 7 years ago. He said it was nothing... just a "blood" spot. Nothing to worry about. Several years ago, when I moved to another province and got a young doctor, he was concerned... thought that it looked cancerous. Was sent to a specialist who biopsied the area, and sure enough, it was a basal cell carcinoma... the least aggressive and most benign of skin cancers... thank God! I had it treated completely. Had Dr. Jacobs been more current on his professional practice, he would at the very least referred me for a second opinion. If you generally don't get sick, he's an okay doctor. If you've got multiple health issues or require special care, he's not the guy. I believe he's ready for retirement soon, as it is.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2017

I have been seeing this doctor for many years. I have been fairly healthy so nothing too complicated, however, I have had some recently issues I now I can see this doctor is horrible. I strongly recommend to NOT see this doctor.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Jacobs since 2006. He is a wonderful person with a very quick wit and fantastic memory for personal history. He is always busy, seems rushed, but takes the time to listen and find answers that work. I have always felt he is doing his upmost to take care of both myself and my children. Today's world dictates you need to advocate for yourself and research.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I've seen Dr. Jacobs for many yrs. Always blown away with his knowledge and helpfulness. Thank you Dr.Jacobs

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

Very dissapointed with our visit to see him. Our regular GP wasn't available. My son was only a few weeks old and developed what looked like a boil on his tummy. Dr Jacobs has zero bedside manor. Said if we "didn't look like normal parents" he would have thought it was a cigarette burn! We were appauled! Did nothing and advised us to see our reg GP. Never going to see him again. I would rather go to a walk in clinic or hospital

flag | Submitted August 1, 2015

I have a few visits to Dr. Jacobs and every time he was so rushed. He doesn't listen well and seems to have a diagnosis even before walk in a room. I' would never come back to him again and strongly not recommending him to anyone.

Submitted October 28, 2014

My visit to Dr. Jacobs was THE WORST Dr experience of my 47 year life. I wasn't able to get in with my regular gp. He was rushed from the get-go. Not interested in anything I had to say - he asked a couple questions and made a quick diagnosis while ignoring my other disconcerting symptoms. Just wanted to give me antibiotics. I had NO indication of any infection?? He became rude when I questioned him and he basically told me to leave and make an appt with my reg gp. I felt not listened to and brushed off as a stupid hypochondriac who shouldn't use the internet, because I questioned his opinion - so extremely arrogant and rude.

Submitted July 11, 2014

Dr Jacobs has been my doctor for 20 years. While I like him very much as a person i think I would be uneasy with him as my doctor if I was not a healthy person. He isn't the best listener and takes things pretty lightly. But I have never, knock on wood, been really ill.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2012

Honestly not a very good Dr. He seems like a pretty decent guy but he is not punctual, constantly rushes, doesn't really listen to you and is generally careless. He has caused me pain due to his carelessness and left me feeling extremely frustrated at having seen seen him. Terrible bed-side manner.

Submitted May 31, 2012