Ratings for Dr. Michael Dunbar

The best doctor I have ever been to, a great surgeon, the best bedside manners and a good sense of humour.I would recommend him to family and friends. He is the best.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

After reading all the comments on Dr. Dunbar I have to agree, they are all so true. He performed a hip revision recently, due to the fact that previous one was performed by another doctor and it was too big. This one was quite an extensive operation. Dr. Dunbar has to be one of the most knowledgeable and compassionate individuals I have seen in a long time. From his nurse calling me at home after the surgery a number of times for follow ups to his receptionist Carrie who is also very kind, the journey to feeling better was made so much easier. Yes I have realized you have to wait when you go for your appointments, so I take a book, because I know he is taking the time needed to be with the person before me. That means a lot. I will have to have another hip done soon and he said to me "well we are joined at the hip now" so he will follow me for good. I consider myself so lucky to have been given the "second opinion referral" to him, and now I have two legs that are the same length and both feet flat on the ground.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

This man saved my life ....I love him to bits ...I had such a bad infection MRSA that i picked up in the OR in Sydney , N.S. from a hip replacement they told me i would die ..they open me up 6 ddifferent time DR DON BRIAN ..could get the infection could get the hip back in after a year in a wheel chair ... Dr. DUNBAR got the blood back up infection out in his first try, than hip back in .thank you Dr. Dunbar from my heart.....

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr Dunbar is famous for treating you "like a brother/sister" He takes his time to listen and recommends what he thinks is best for you and treats you with compassion. I had a total knee replacement on June 27th/17 and the second knee will be replaced in the near future. I could travel to another area to have the surgery completed sooner than another year but I prefer to be operated on by Dr. Dunbar who I know will be thorough and competent.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I think he's the greatest there is...hw promised me 90% pain free after my hip revision he did after another doc put in too big parts....if anyone needs a good honest kind and caring doctor it is Dr. Michael Dunbar and his secretary is awesome also :)

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I love Dr Dunbar.... he is the best orthopedic Dr ever. I wouldn't go to anyone else.He awesome !!!!

flag | Submitted March 31, 2017

Dr Dunbar is an great surgeon and wonderful caring Doctor. I would recommend him to anyone. I have many times.😊

flag | Submitted January 17, 2017

I saw dr Dunbar being referred from New Brunswick. 4 surgeons said they couldn't help me and dr Dunbar found the procedure I needed fairly easy to complete. I had s total hip replacement with a very shallow socket was not a normal replacement and 4 specialist didn't want to touch me. Less than a year from my first appt with him to having the operation. Almost fully healed now. He is so knowledgable I was upset being pushed from surgeon to surgeon with no answers and now I see why I am so lucky to have had to wait to see him as I don't believe anyone else would have done as excellent of a job as he did. He is very proud of himself and speaks that way with his clients and rightfully so! Amazing dr. If you have the chance to be his patient jump on it you are in excellent hands. Staff is also beyond amazing. As busy as he is Keri still answers the phone 9/10 times I call. Rarely do you get a message saying appointments are booking into xyz months don't call until then like other surgeons messages I had to deal with. Live the staff and him. Thank you for making this young 29 year olds life new again with my amazing mobility. Truly the best!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

5 years ago I had a hip replacement ....dr Dunbar is a fabulous Dr and human being. He is caring and easy to talk to. I sing is praises to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

On Feb 9th Dr. Dunbar performed my knee revision. I had to travel from Newfoundland to have it done and I have to say that everything was arranged appointment wise that reduced the length of time I had to be away from home thus reducing the cost of travel. That's a consideration that most doctors offices do not consider and I have Carrie to thank for that. She is very easy to talk to and showed compassion to my needs whenever I spoke to her. I think she is well suited to her job and for sure a great asset to Dr. Dunbar. There are no words to describe how wonderful Dr. Dunbar treated me both pre and post op. A Doctor with a huge heart ! So glad that I had the opportunity to meet such a brilliant man.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016