Ratings for Dr. Michael Dunbar

5 years ago I had a hip replacement ....dr Dunbar is a fabulous Dr and human being. He is caring and easy to talk to. I sing is praises to everyone.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

On Feb 9th Dr. Dunbar performed my knee revision. I had to travel from Newfoundland to have it done and I have to say that everything was arranged appointment wise that reduced the length of time I had to be away from home thus reducing the cost of travel. That's a consideration that most doctors offices do not consider and I have Carrie to thank for that. She is very easy to talk to and showed compassion to my needs whenever I spoke to her. I think she is well suited to her job and for sure a great asset to Dr. Dunbar. There are no words to describe how wonderful Dr. Dunbar treated me both pre and post op. A Doctor with a huge heart ! So glad that I had the opportunity to meet such a brilliant man.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2016

Dr. Dunbar is a great surgeon and has the best bedside manner. He truly does care about his patients. I couldn't have asked for a better surgeon! As for his staff, amazing and so helpful. Kerry is just the best!

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Dr. Dunbar is a terrific surgeon and also a great individual. I was a patient of his back in 2014 and I can remember a Sunday afternoon Dr. Dunbar and his son came in to pay me a visit, that tells you how much he really cares for his patients. Also Kerrie is terrific and the rest of Dr. Dunbar;s staff is the best in my opinion. If you have to have any ortho surgery and you are lucky to have hin as your surgeon you are in great hands.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

I was referred to Dr Dunbar after Dr. Stanishm ,my orthopod for 25 years, retired from surgery. I was referred to Dr. Dunbar and saw him for two years prior to a total knee replacement. He worked with me to delay the process as long as I could and then true to his word when I was ready he had me on the table within a month. It has been a year since the knee was replaced. I am back to playing agressive tennis and basically living a very active lifestyle at 65. My very velgas leg is now as straight as an arrow, the pain and the limp a thing of the past. No one, especially me, can believe how well I am doing. I can't say enough about this man and his admin staff Kerrie. They are bloody awesome. If you don't want to settle for anything but the best, he is your man. A word of advice. Be prepared to be actively involved in the decision making process and do the rehab agressively.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2015

Super competent doctor. He is a great LISTENER and willing to work *with* the patient to achieve the best outcome for the patient's lifestyle. You win the lottery if you get Dr. Dunbar for ortho.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Great doctor, knowledgeable, friendly and competent

flag | Submitted March 21, 2015

WHAT? Are there other orthopaedic surgeons in Nova Scotia?? Yup there sure are but why would you not want the best there is and his reputation far exceeds the tiny province of Nova Scotia. Just two weeks pre-op from a total hip replacement and he had me mesmerized from the second I met him in his office on that initial visit. A total visionary and his dedication to perfecting his skills is bar none and when I sit in front of that man and he tells me that how good he is at what he does and why and how his skills are among the leading edge of technology and looks at me and says, "I know I'm full of myself and not very humble". Well let me tell you, if you have the credentials, knowledge, experience, expertise, forward thinking and track record to back it up, then I will toot your horn also and you deserve to brag. That was the defining moment for me when he said that to me. I have volunteered as a patient to be in a couple of studies he is involved in and am proud to do so. If I can be one tiny piece of information that can jettison him on to making more huge strides in the orthopaedic discipline then so be it. Thank you Dr. Dunbar for giving me the opportunity to now start to actually plan a life which had been not just put on hold but totally accepted as the end of any "good" years that were mine to have. Now I am living and planning and happier than I have been in years. I can now be equal with others and not be the burden. God love you and your practice. I will continue to follow you and your wonderful works.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

i have been seeing dr.dunbar for 7 years now.i will have to say, dr.dunbar has to be one of the most professional and compassionate man i ever met. dr.dunbar is so dedicated in his work that he would make any patient feel comfortable to see and talk to him. also i would also like to mention karrie,she is very percise and always able to answer any concerns you may have.finally i have to say i'm a very happy patient to have these two awesome people on my side combating my medical needs.thank you both,you are very kind!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

I have been fortunate enough to have Dr Dunbar as my ortho surgeon since the fall of 2008, we have been through many trials during these almost 5 years but I would not consider having any other surgeon. To this day Dr Dunbar and his team have managed to help me to keep my leg(although it is now fused at the knee joint) the work done my this wonderful dedicated doctor has kept me alive during several health crisis. His secretary Carrie is always kind and helpful and willing to do whatever she can to help make things easier. Thank you Dr Dunbar and Carrie, you have certainly made my life easier.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013