Ratings for Dr. Robert Tremaine

Dr. Tremaine was the kindest, most thorough specialist we have ever been to. AND punctual!

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

There should be an option to rate on professionalism. This doctor always talked over me. When I tried to explain what I was experiencing he would flat out say, "no." He did this repeatedly. It was very confusing and undermining. Instead of looking at my skin, he just prescribed a very harsh acne medication that has definitely had long term side effects (the Rx worked briefly on my main type of skin issue, but after I discontinued after two rounds the issues reappeared). At one point, instead of asking me to disrobe or move parts of my clothing to see my skin concern, he pulled the collar of my t-shirt down with one finger and said, "yep!"... my bra covered every part of the lesions on my breasts, so I know he didn't see anything. I had never experienced this level of professionalism in an assessment. At one point he called me over the phone to tell me blood work had come back and he received results that were to go to my family doctor - he told me I had a blood disorder over the phone (I don't - he just didn't read the results properly). As a woman, I'm not sure I would not see him alone again. I eventually saw an allergist, turns out I'm allergic to a few things in my diet. Skin issue has cleared up since removing these things from my diet. Not a doctor I would see again or ever send my friends or family to. I'm very fortunate to have had some awesome doctors before and since this experience.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr. Tremaine is the most genuine and caring doctor I've ever had in any medical field.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

My daughter just started seeing him and we have been very happy with her results and his helpfulness in this matter.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2017

I had the pleasure of seeing Dr Tremaine a couple of years ago. He was friendly with a good sense of humor. I been referred by a doctor at the Cobequid as a follow up for an issue with my face but he also took the time to assess a rash I had developed on my hand. The cream he prescribed worked immediately. Anne Marie at reception was also very helpful and friendly. Overall, a very positive experience!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

I was referred to Dr Tremaine in July for a skin rash that I got after using(improperly) topical steroid cream. He welcomed me into his office and immediately sat in front of his computer screen. He turned to me and announced "I see you have nummular dermatitis". I said well I came to you to get a diagnosis not for you to regurgitate someone else's diagnosis. From 10 ft away he looked at my legs and said, "Oh yes that is nummular dermatitis". He NEVER looked at the rest of my skin and NEVER looked at any up close. He wanted to put me back on steroid cream so I immediately got to my feet to leave and said no way I would use more poison steroid. His comment? Oh so you are like the heart patient who refuses his medication. What a jerk! When I told him I had NEVER had any skin rash till I used steroid cream he then added. "Oh c'mon now you must have had something". So essentially he called me either a liar or a nut. He is a jerk. If YOU or anyone you know is using steroid cream for heaven sake check a site called www.itsan.org. Doctors are supposed to be men/women of science and men of science have open minds. Tremaine's mind is closed. He is a danger.

Submitted September 16, 2015

Excellent doctor and great person. Very kind, compassionate and knows his stuff. Personable and never makes you feel rushed even though he is a very busy guy! The wait time for an appointment can be long but he's well worth the wait. Would recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr Tremaine is very kind and considerate to all ..He shows compassion in his profession luv him !

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Dr. Tremaine is the best physician that I have ever been to.A top notch dermatologist whose bed side manner or office/clinic manner is second to none. I am very thankful that I am a patient of his. He has helped my skin tremendously.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

A consummate professional. Highly knowledgeable about recent literature and treatment options. He also has an excellent bedside manner, listens with real interest and empathy. Instantly recommended a treatment for my 30+ years of acne that has literally transformed my skin. As others have said here, Dr. Tremaine is that rare breed of physician who combines solid scientific knowledge and clinical experience with a truly humane approach. A wonderful doctor!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015