Ratings for Dr. Jagdev I. Singh

Started seeing Dr. Singh in July as a second-choice doctor; my number-one choice (and apparently everyone else's) was on her way out of the city, because she was actually halfway decent and I assume got hired, y'know, somewhere decent. Had a multitude of issues for many years, but hadn't been able to see anyone due to the excessively-prohibitive cost of medical care; however, now that I had insurance, I could afford to have a doctor actually look into things. Giving him the full diatribe of multiple issues I'd been dealing with, Dr. Singh concentrated solely on the one that had cropped up most recently, which was the least-troublesome of the bunch; he didn't even acknowledge my mentioning of anything else. I decided to give him a second chance, figuring he may have just been distracted with something else that day. My second visit, he actually kinda half paid attention and ran some tests that made actual sense; they all came up empty, but they were tests at all, which was a step in the right direction. He had no diagnosis for me as a result, however, and did not request I make a follow-up appointment. In the most recent month, my health has seriously deteriorated. Finally, I called his office towards the end of the month, and his (very coureous, by the way) staff fit me an appointment in that same week (which is better than I'd come to expect). Dr. Singh had a meeting with someone else prior to my appointment, so the wait was a little long; however, understanding that's just how business goes sometimes, I really didn't think too much about it. Again, as with the first appointment, he barely seemed to listen to me at all; certainly, in this case, the most recent issue to crop up was the most pressing, as it is actually somewhat potentially life-threatening, but the fact that he still refused to discuss other symptoms was highly problematic. I finally just outright told him my thoughts on what might have been going on inside me, and he shrugged my hypotheses off entirely without so much as a pause to consider; when I then went into detail as to *why* I felt that way, as though reasoning that he couldn't just shove this out the door as "You don't know what you're talking about," he paused a moment, then admitted he wasn't entirely certain what my hypothesized illness' primary symptoms even were. This tells me that he was not interested in my opinion, regardless of the fact that I'd been living with the conditions for several years. He did finally request some tests be done, but they were all tests to find a source of Diabetes; in my second visit, he'd proven conclusively through his own testing that I did not have that illness. I believe at this point he's grasping at straws. I do not intend to return to his office for anything.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I waited again just shy of 2 hours to get lab results, while he saw two Pharmaceutical Salesmen

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

Analyitical and informative

flag | Submitted March 29, 2010

Dr. Jagdev I. Singh's Credentials

• Hindi

• Med Coll, Guru Nanak Dev Univ, Amritsar, Punjab, India (Grad. 1966)

• BCBS Massachusetts