Ratings for Dr. Peter Grundy

Recommend Dr. Grundy. Thoughtful ,very understanding ,professional. Very considerate. Receptionists are awesome, very helpful.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2018

Total waste of travel time to Calgary! He had numerous questions for me but didn’t answer a question I had. He totally disregarded a consultation and diagnosis from a World leading Parathyroid Centre and wrongly diagnosed me with vitamin D deficient Hyperparathyroidism, Wrong!!! Went to the USA at my own expense and had 2 diseased Parathyroid glands removed. My advise to anyone with Hyperparathyroidism is don’t waste time seeing this guy, he knows very little about the problem or even how to interpret the lab results that pertain to this condition! There are clinics that deal exclusively with this problem, seek one out, this condition requires treatment without delay!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

Very nice doctor who not just talks to patients but has the rare medical capability also of listening.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I only saw Dr Grundy once.. He was fantastic and thorough and his bedside manner is great. He is very knowledgeable in this specialty. The one flaw of this practice is that he has his receptionists call people with results and on 3 separate occasions I talked to different girls there and they can hardly explain to me what he wrote on my chart and pronounce simple endocrinology terms incorrectly. You have no opportunity to ask questions in follow-up to what they've said as they do not know the answer.. I am a nurse and personally I don't think it's appropriate for reception/MOA to give results from a specialist by simply reading a script off a patients chart. It does not leave patient access to answers they may have based on these findings.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Grundy is a very personable man. Takes the time with his patients and explains things well. Gives you a hand in your own health care by listening to your opinions and helping you find the best balance in your care.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Very personable and explains tests and results so laymen can understand.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Grundy took care of me on a referral, and was extremely helpful. I ended up having a partial Thyroidectomy with the isthmus by another surgeon, but Dr Grundy was there for me post surgery and monitored my progress working on half a thyroid. He was a great source of support and knowledge and explained things to me in a way that I knew what my options were and there were no surprises. THANKS Dr. Grundy!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

My visit with Dr. Grundy changed my life. In the initial consult he said I had all the classic symptoms of Cushing's disease but that it was a very rare disease, difficult to diagnose and he didn't think I had it but wanted to test for it anyway. Several tests later, a diagnosis and surgery on my pituitary gland to remove a growth has resulted in EVERYTHING being normalized. He was kind and compassionate through it all and very good with follow up. He phoned me every week while we were trying to get my levels sorted after my surgery. And I LOVE his staff too. Brandi and Emily are god-sends, as far as I am concerned. I have probably had this disease for over twenty years but I didn't even know I was sick. Just thought I had weight gain, high BP (was on meds since I was 23 and I'm 43 now), bruised easily, extra facial hair, completely irregular periods ... and now everything is normal and I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Grundy and his staff. Dr. Grundy and literally EVERYONE I've dealt with at his office, from front desk staff to his assisting doctors, have been amazing. He listened to my concerns, communicates to me what he wants to do and why, and listened to and addressed my concerns about treatment.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I went to see Dr. Grundy because I live in Saskatchewan, where we have only one endocrinologist for the whole province! Dr. Grundy was kind and changed my treatment to make my life easier!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016