Ratings for Dr. Peter Grundy

I only saw Dr Grundy once.. He was fantastic and thorough and his bedside manner is great. He is very knowledgeable in this specialty. The one flaw of this practice is that he has his receptionists call people with results and on 3 separate occasions I talked to different girls there and they can hardly explain to me what he wrote on my chart and pronounce simple endocrinology terms incorrectly. You have no opportunity to ask questions in follow-up to what they've said as they do not know the answer.. I am a nurse and personally I don't think it's appropriate for reception/MOA to give results from a specialist by simply reading a script off a patients chart. It does not leave patient access to answers they may have based on these findings.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

Dr Grundy is a very personable man. Takes the time with his patients and explains things well. Gives you a hand in your own health care by listening to your opinions and helping you find the best balance in your care.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Very personable and explains tests and results so laymen can understand.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Grundy took care of me on a referral, and was extremely helpful. I ended up having a partial Thyroidectomy with the isthmus by another surgeon, but Dr Grundy was there for me post surgery and monitored my progress working on half a thyroid. He was a great source of support and knowledge and explained things to me in a way that I knew what my options were and there were no surprises. THANKS Dr. Grundy!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

My visit with Dr. Grundy changed my life. In the initial consult he said I had all the classic symptoms of Cushing's disease but that it was a very rare disease, difficult to diagnose and he didn't think I had it but wanted to test for it anyway. Several tests later, a diagnosis and surgery on my pituitary gland to remove a growth has resulted in EVERYTHING being normalized. He was kind and compassionate through it all and very good with follow up. He phoned me every week while we were trying to get my levels sorted after my surgery. And I LOVE his staff too. Brandi and Emily are god-sends, as far as I am concerned. I have probably had this disease for over twenty years but I didn't even know I was sick. Just thought I had weight gain, high BP (was on meds since I was 23 and I'm 43 now), bruised easily, extra facial hair, completely irregular periods ... and now everything is normal and I couldn't be happier.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Grundy and his staff. Dr. Grundy and literally EVERYONE I've dealt with at his office, from front desk staff to his assisting doctors, have been amazing. He listened to my concerns, communicates to me what he wants to do and why, and listened to and addressed my concerns about treatment.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I went to see Dr. Grundy because I live in Saskatchewan, where we have only one endocrinologist for the whole province! Dr. Grundy was kind and changed my treatment to make my life easier!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2016

Very kind and considerate and takes the time to listen. He is excellent and personable... He truly cares about her patients!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2015

I was referred to Dr Grundy to treat my diabetes years ago and have found him to be exceptionally knowledgable, if somewhat distant in our early encounters. But in 2001, he caught a lump in my throat that turned out to be thyroid cancer. He didn't catch it from a lab test: this was hands on medicine the likes of which you don't see much in our high tech world. Of course when he said the C word, I freaked, but he calmed me down, told me he would get me in to the best surgeon in town, and basically hand-held me through a very long year. I came to realize that the distance I felt is part of his professionalism. Peter is a good guy, and a very good doctor.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

An absolute waste of time! This man has a God complex and if you dare question him, he has no problem telling you how you and other doctors don't know anything. For the better part of two years, I had little to no improvement with his consultations. What I love is how specialists in other fields I see get mad at me for Grundy’s lack of proper medical care. But no one stepped forward to phone Grundy and question him or get me into to see a better endocrinologist. The only reason I am getting better is because I am not following any of Grundy’s recommendations of drugs/dosages and paying for tests Grundy thinks are unnecessary – tests that are coming back abnormal. He only uses synthroid and refuses patients dessicated thyroid if you are hypothyroid. He did not adequately prescribe type and dose of vitamin d to not only increase my levels but treat my hyperparathyriodism. He totally ignored by my lack of hormonal imbalance. Doctors like this keep people sick.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012