Ratings for Dr. Jannice Istead

Went to hosp. in the middle of the night because my husband is a chemo patient & had a CHEST INFECTION - triage was great then waited over 2 hours in an emerg room in a hospital where there was NO ONE in the waiting room nor were all of the rooms in emerg. occupied, No one came to check on him, take vitals or even ask why we were here. This doctor had already tried to send my husband home a month ago when he had a high temp, and was overruled by another Dr. on the shift change. He admitted my husband who was in hosp for A WEEK. This time when she finally did show up she was rude, disinterested, put a mask on and said "I guess you've got what I've got|" before she even barely listened to his lungs and said "they sound good to me" No vitals, no chest x-ray and only gave a Rx for an antibiotic when asked. "I suppose I could.. **Incidently the pharmacist WOULD NOT fill the Rx as she said it would send my husbands INR sky high and was DANGEROUS in his present state of health!! This doctor is a disgrace and should retire. She clearly has no bedside manner nor does she care about the patients who come for treatment in emerg. We didn't come to the hospital at 3 am for fun or to mess up your quiet night shift!!! Only gets 1 star from us because you can't rate at 0

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

I brought my son into the ER on Jan 12th with a fever that kept coming back even with medication for two days. We had a terrible experience at a walk in clinic with my almost 4 year old that morning (See Dr. Savic's ratings and you'll see my experience there) and when his fever had spiked back up to 104.4 that night we took him to the ER. When we got to the ER his fever had hit 105. When we got seen by Dr. Istead who was on call she took the time to check my son out, and was able to tell what was wrong instantly. She gave us the right dosage of the amoxicillin that he needed to get better (hes starting to feel much better and no fever in a day and a half now!) and she even made his night/morning so much better by bringing him a ton of stickers, a Popsicle AND some ice cream to go home with. She was very friendly, and you could see she cared despite that she was likely working some long hours that night. Thank you!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2017

Dr. Istead treated my mother in August and did an amazing job it doing so, all attempts to contact her weeks late have been pain staking by hospital red tape and privacy, I only wish the hospital switch board staff cared as much about the people in our community as Dr Jannice Istead does, The best doctor in Belleville

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

flag | Submitted March 15, 2014

Have only been treated by Dr. Istead twice in clinics. Not my regular family doctor. Both times she was thorough, knowledgeable and did exactly what had to be one. The second visit involved female issues, for which she dealt with not only with proper professionalism but great compassion giving me quick reassurance and confidence that all was well. And she was right. She may seem businesslike in an emergency situation, but her head is clear and focused and she gets done whats needed to be done and that is the sort of doctor you want at that time.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2014

Terrible bedside manner! Had a panic attack, went to the emergency room. She walks into the exam room and says "what do you want me to do about it". She was very critical, rude and short with me.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2011

I received the most appalling treatment I have ever experienced. Bedside manner was horrendous if any existed. Unbelievably rude. I left the facility and went elsewhere for treatment. By far the worst treatment I have ever received from a health care provider. She was short and critical with me and called me names hence my leaving the facility.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2009

Dr. Istead saved my life 8 years ago in the Napanee Emergency Dept. I went in with some heavy internal bleeding and she ordered an ultrasound right away and found out I had Renal Cell Cancer in my kidney. If it wouldn't have been for her I would have died. Thank You so much Dr. Istead. You are a great Doctor. Very kind and caring. Your knowledge and expertise made me so much more comfortable that night. I appreciate it so much.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2008

Have seen her many times over the years in ER. Very halpful, pleasant, bedside manner is great. When dealing with the type of emergencies, and cranky people all shift, she is great.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2007

I have also had Dr. Istead on several occassions and was incredibly impressed with her scope of knowledge and her patience. She has always made me feel like a priority. A brilliant physician.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2007