Ratings for Dr. Rudolf Arts

Dr. Arts has been wonderful with my husband and myself. Always willing to answer my questions and always so punctual. He has been so helpful and compassionate. He is an excellent neurologist.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2016

I visited this Doctor in October 2013 and was only trying to find out why I had dizzy spells, while he could not explain what was causing it he did relieve some of my worrying by sending me for the tests which all came back negative. He is indeed very knowledgeable and compassionate in what he does. A Doctor can only do what they are trained to do and I didn't have any of the illnesses that were related to his practice so all I could do was thank him and move onto another specialist. It was Doctor Ballagh who diagnosed me in having a Tyramine intolerance in which if I avoid the foods that contain it I won't have the dizziness and he was correct. If I ever get the chance to tell Doctor Arts this and thank him for the time he put in in trying to help me and what my diagnosis was I will indeed. Every Doctor deserves to be thanked whether you like them or not.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2015

Try to get another neurologist!!!!!!!! Dr. Arts is very much like a robot going through the motions, most specialists are like this. He is rude, blunt, not willing to help, and not willing to think outside the box. It's either black or white, no in between. If your tests come back okay yet you still have a drooping face, numbness in your face and arm, neck issues, and lots of pain; his response will be, "Your tests showed nothing therefore there is nothing I can do for you. Double your drugs and slowly go back to work." Unbelievable!!!!! I guess I will have to solve my medical issues another way.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

I can not believe I waited 11 months for this appointment, A kid with a doctor costume would have been better!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

No bedside manner, no nothing, treated me awful but then the next time I came in with my husband totally different and then by myself again awful does he have something against certain people. Felt exactly like the person that submitted on Feb 10th , 2014. Well put!!How does this man still practice here? ... ended up going to Toronto once again to see a specialist.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I dislike having to give a negative rating, but it truly is justified in this case. After having a major seizure for unknown reasons, I was referred to Dr. Arts. After a single diagnostic test with inconclusive results, he told me I had a life-changing illness, put me on a medication from which I've never been the same after taking, and actually reduced me to tears with his indifferent, cold-hearted manner. His bedside manner is absolutely non-existent, and I could have dealt with that had he had any desire whatsoever to try to help me. I ended up switching neurologists a year later and found out I did NOT have the life-changing illness Dr. Arts had diagnosed me with, and have since resumed a completely normal life. I hate to say this, but this doctor should be avoided at all costs. Simply put, he's not a nice person at all, and in my case, put no effort into trying to fix my problem.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

Very intelligent doctor indeed. I found Dr. Arts helpful and full of knowledge. Even though he may not be the answer to my problem I felt much better after my visit with him and listening to what he had to say. I told him what my issues were and he listened, explaining to me as we went along. I believe the test he ordered to rule out what is in his field of knowledge will be of value to my health issues. I visited his office 9 years ago and had the same experience. I completely understand as a doctor he cannot fix or diagnose everything and I did not expect that, what I wanted was whatever he could offer with his expanded knowledge, the test and ability to rule out or diagnose so we could move on or do what needed to be done for my health issues. It is never nice to be sick, but it is nice to be working with a man that knows what he is doing.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2014

Both my husband and I attended in his office, and I am glad we did. Had I have went there on my own I would not have believed how ignorant and dismissive a human in a position of trust could be. He would to allow you to talk even when he asked a question you could barely get 2-3 words out and he would shut you down and talk over you. Having previously been seen by a Nuerosurgeon this was an appointment that had been booked for months that I felt compelled to attend. He was not interested in hearing any other results I had and basically told me to shut up without saying it. I felt hurried out of his office, much like you can envision someone yelling 'Next'. Knowing that I have a brain tumour with numerous mitigating issues it is a shame that someone in his profession has such minimal compassion. By the time I exited his office and got to the parking lot I was left in tears.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2014

Dr. Arts was very compassionate, patient, and helpful. He showed my girlfriend and me the MRI images and explained everything carefully and made sure we understood and asked if we had any questions or concerns. I was very pleased with his care.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013