Ratings for Dr. Eugene S. Eskow

Worst experience ever. Went to him because of the great reviews. Was dx in 2011 and treated with 2 weeks of IV rocephin by an infectious disease doctor who didnt know what he was doing so I thought seeing this LLMD would be a good idea. Went in with blood work showing Lyme was still active done 2 weeks ago at another lab but he still retested Lyme came back obviously positive and just put me on oral doxy 100mg BID. He said it was okay for me to go to school out of the country and he would treat me. After a few weeks his secretary called and said he wouldnt treat me anymore because I couldnt come back for a follow up. I was appauled bc i told them before the initial visit that would be the case. After expressing my feelings he said he would treat remotely. 2 weeks after I started experiencing new symptoms-joint pain and when i told the office they said Dr. Eskow said that was the next symptom of the disease. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? A dr should try to prevent the disease from getting worse

flag | Submitted April 20, 2013

Very caring, very knowledgeable- when I had a problem with meds or questions,I faxed him a detailed note to get message across. His staff would call that day with his answers. Unfortunately, if you want personal attention (phone calls, emails) from your LLMD you have to pay a lot more then what he charges - sad but true.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

I owe my life to Eugene Eskow. I went from a first year master student who had to take in completes every semester and came close to dropping out ever year, and now I am a 3rd year full time PhD student, completely on track and on time with my dissertation and graduation schedule. I continue to see him and would be lost without him. His beside manner is fantastic and he choose the medical profession for the RIGHT reasons: he cares about his patients. Every time I see him I want to give him a hug (unprofessional, so I don't.) He LISTENS, answers your questions, and you know with him you are not alone. He is an angel.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2012

Although this doctor is nice and attentive in person, having to communicate through his staff about symptoms/problems arising during treatment was very counterproductive. He made treatment recommendations based on messages delivered through his staff that were not helpful and I feel would have been different had he taken the time to speak with me personally about my symptoms.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2009

Send in receipt to my insurance and they cover part of the fee. WORTH every penny...Dr. Eskow spends time with you and actually LISTENS...not the typical egotistical doc...her truly wants to HELP and work together to do so. I went to so many docs and was dismissed and treated poorly...FINALLY I got to Dr. Eskow and he gave me my life back! The man knows his stuff and doesnt just go along with the "popular" docs are doing and saying. He is one of a kind for sure!

flag | Submitted January 1, 2009

Although I loved this doctor in the beginning (Lyme literate)and he spent a lot of time with me on the initial visit with a wonderful bedside manner, I decided to drop him. After that first visit I could not speak with him directly on the phone, not even for test results. Everything had to go through his staff with numerous phone calls. I feel this severely limits my ability to respond to answers and question further. Sorry, at that price (doesn't take insurance) I don't want or need an interpreter! Accessibility is important to me...if it's not an issue with you, you should be happy with this doctor.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2008

Dr. Eugene S. Eskow's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1988)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union