Ratings for Dr. Katherine Atchison

Dr Atchison is a great doctor & a great person. She is a very kind, compassionate doctor which is rare these days. I have fibromyalgia & she is the first doctor who understands this illness. I appreciate everything she does to help me. She is a great doctor & a great human being.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I wrote earlier about another doctor making up lies to her about me, while I did my own researched showed him he's done this before and she says stop there "Once your my patient, you are always my patient!" I BAWLED!!!! she is the most kind hearted understanding doctor I have EVER had. She gets me. I suggest seeing her as a walk in at horizon either in sylvan or red deer (because she can't make appointments if your not her family doctor) but she's amazing and I wouldn't trade her for anyone else!!

flag | Submitted June 10, 2017

Where do I begin. I was in a series of bad car accidents since I was 18(now 27) so I've been on painkillers for a long time. I got. Pregnant at 25 which I was taking Tylenol 3s (mind you by this time I had only seen her a couple times) those were not working so at 38weeks my blood pressure went high so another Dr. And I decided to induce me. I had the baby ( I also have been on depression medications and anti anxiety meds because of trauma I had experienced) anyways, she was so nice after I had my son she said she would take me on as a patient we got my medications worked out.. my grandpa had a heart attack. He the strongest man I kno. Dr. A got me my backs cans my bone scans but didn't get the ones from the chiropractor.. needless to say I ended up on a program here in red deer ( I told her about it she stopped prescribing my meds right away) .. Now, this new pharmacy I went to they would talk about me to other people (I know because they were my friends ) totally unprofessional. I told this dr. I wanted off of his service come June 1st because he wasn't helping me he made me feel useless. Oh and at this certain place make sure they grab all the urine cups out of the window when I put mine there there was one in there and a lady went in right after me. He told her I was seeing different Dr.s (I was only seeing the ones at horizon) anyway I don't deal with that other place anymore. This new place is amazing .... I am very hurt that she doesn't even want to see me anymore I don't know what to do. But she's an excellent dr. I recommend her 1000000000%

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Atchison has been my family dr. For about a year now... I was seeing another Dr. That spread and told her lies and I LOVED her.. she understood me I'm so upset

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

Amazing Doctor that cares! Both my husband & I absolutely love Dr Atchison. She is very intelligent & Kind. She is a true gem!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2017

Great doc. She delivered my baby and did his circumsision. Enjoyed her warmth

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

I have to say I dont go to her anymore she was a good doctor very caring and sometimes helpful ..But she did send me to someone that I didnt need to see that is what change me..Now I have found amazing doctor that takes is time and really listen to you and cares ..Never had a doctor phone me when they are on holidays to just tell me all my test come back good..To me that is a Doctor....

flag | Submitted August 1, 2016

An amazing doctor, she treats you with kindness & compassion.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2016

Dr Atchison has been my long time GP. I don't understand why the Horizon clinic refuses to tell someone calling in who the drop in physician for the day is. Other clinics will tell you a whole weeks schedule so if you want to see your own doctor you can go in they say they are doing drop in and sit there. At least you see your own physician. Is there a valid reason for this policy???

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

She won't answer general inquiries over the phone. When I lost my mucus plug at 32 weeks pregnant, I called the clinic and told her my baby seemed fine and very active, and I had no bleeding or anything of concern other than a mucus discharge. She wouldn't give me any information over the phone and told me to go into the hospital. No one even checked my cervix there. They just did a stress test on my baby and confirmed that she was doing fine. Anyways, someone messed up and we were there for over 2 hours waiting for the wrong doctor and eventually Dr. Atchison did give advice over the phone saying that if there is no bleeding and the baby is moving, then there is no concern... Why couldn't she just tell me that when I called in the first time????? At 38.5 weeks I had my membranes sweeped and I called in the next day because I wanted to check if it was still safe since I had tested positive for my GBS swab. Again she said I would have to come in to the walk-in clinic to get an answer from her. Really??? I was just in the day before and everything was great. It is just a question that I thought of now and wanted some reassurance about.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016