Ratings for Dr. Rashmi Nigam

I was referred to Dr nigam after being referred to an optometrist from the ER. We're still going through diagnostics as to whats going on with my eye but she is, in my opinion, a great doctor to deal with. Very straight to the point and no time wasting. Some on here are complaining about her bedside manner being cold, but for myself I find it rather pleasant. She doesn't coddle like most patients want but she is very realistic and if asked she'll tell you what you need to know.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Nigam is helpful and friendly. She's polite and to the point and answers my questions I have. A friendly person. She is a welcome change to the last ophthalmologist I had. I have no problem recommending her to anyone who needs a eye doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr Nigam is the most arrogant doctor I have ever seen. I took my 89 year-old mother to see her. Doctor Nigam walked in, did not greet anyone, did not make eye contact, asked my mother questions that my mother did not hear and then quickly answered my mother's questions for her. This I would call disrespectful. The whole office is set up in a non-caring, almost emergency room type of line up. You wait in one room, then you go to the next and wait again before you go into the examining room. It appears to me that it is all made to look like she is very busy. Maybe we are supposed to think she is that good. We asked for another ophthalmologist, because my mother is already quite concerned about character surgery and needs someone who will pay attention to her. My thought was that Dr Nigam is there to make money and her patients are her tool to make money with. I am a professional dealing with people professionally for more than 40 years and believe I have some idea about professionalism and respecting those I deal with, no matter what background.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Nigam did a thorough exam and indicated further testing was necessary. She is professional and I felt she was very thorough. As long as my problem is solved I don't care about bedside manner or compassion possibly clouding medical judgement, just get me better.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

not helpful, condescending, wasn't willing to hear me out and address my concern in a proper courteous and professional manner

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

Was very impressed with staff went in on april 14 for a 1:00 appt was in at 1:10 everyone very helpful and told what to expect when done and Dr Nigam was great straight to the point and very friendly and busy lady She is good at what she does every question that I asked was answered would highly recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2014

I was referred to Dr. Nigam by my Optometrist, she recognized the problems I was having with my eyes and the urgency required. She was very direct and never wasted my time. Her surgical skills were excellent and my vision is the best it's ever been without any complications so far based on the IOL she recommended. She was very helpful in providing information for the insurance companies in a timely manner.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2014

She is competent. However, I found her very cold. I just got the the impression she had very little compassion or sympathy for her patients.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2013

I have been going to her for abour 15 years now for my Glaucoma, she lazered my eyes and I have been doing very well. Excellent Doctor. If your looking for a best friend go for coffee, if you are looking for a great Doctor go to Dr Nigam.

flag | Submitted September 10, 2013

I had cataract surgery early this year. I was told that because I had lasik surgery in the past that I might not have an optimum outcome, however, the results were excellent. The office staff are all excellent, and I have recommended Dr. Nigam to others.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2013