Ratings for Dr. Rashmi Nigam

How can I say this best?? Can’t think of any good words or comments, so I will remain silent. Stay far away from this Doctor if you value your sight. For those of you who think she is good, well a picture is worth a thousand words😂💦😂💦😂💦

flag | Submitted May 21, 2018

Wouldn't recommend her to anyone. She removed cataracts on both of my eyes and I had to go back for laser on an eye done two months ago.Leaves me wondering if she knows what she's doing

flag | Submitted February 13, 2018

Was very disappointed in this doctor. Not very friendly. In a hurry to treat you and carry on with her other patients. Would not reccomend her.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

I brought my 92 year mother a few times to see Dr. Rashmi Nigam for several eye tests and today she had lazer surgery to relieve pressure in her right eye. I wasn’t watching the procedure but was in the room with my mother. A couple minutes later it was done and my mom asked if the doctor was going to do her right eye! They did her left eye that didn’t need the lazer surgery and without freezing although the doctor said there is no pain. So I said I thought you knew what you were doing. She just said sorry about that. So I asked if this surgery would be bad for the eye that didn’t need it. She said no, it will only help. There was an assistant there that froze my moms right eye and you think she would have noticed they were doing the wrong eye! I find this clinic is more like a factory, very busy and they just crank out the surgeries for the money. This doctor is very cold, never looks at me when I talk to her and it’s every time I have been there. We are going to switch doctors for sure.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

Dr Nigam replaced both of my lenses in 2015. In my opinion she is simply awesome! Knowledgeable, competent, caring & compassionate, she is at the top of the list! I recommend her highly to anyone requiring the best opthamologist available!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2017

Years ago when our daughter was still a baby she said in a matter of fact tone, " guess we should schedule an MRI to check for a brain tumour ". Imagine saying that to a mother with a 10 month old baby. Brutal. Thank god she was wrong.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I was referred to Dr nigam after being referred to an optometrist from the ER. We're still going through diagnostics as to whats going on with my eye but she is, in my opinion, a great doctor to deal with. Very straight to the point and no time wasting. Some on here are complaining about her bedside manner being cold, but for myself I find it rather pleasant. She doesn't coddle like most patients want but she is very realistic and if asked she'll tell you what you need to know.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

Dr Nigam is helpful and friendly. She's polite and to the point and answers my questions I have. A friendly person. She is a welcome change to the last ophthalmologist I had. I have no problem recommending her to anyone who needs a eye doctor.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Dr Nigam is the most arrogant doctor I have ever seen. I took my 89 year-old mother to see her. Doctor Nigam walked in, did not greet anyone, did not make eye contact, asked my mother questions that my mother did not hear and then quickly answered my mother's questions for her. This I would call disrespectful. The whole office is set up in a non-caring, almost emergency room type of line up. You wait in one room, then you go to the next and wait again before you go into the examining room. It appears to me that it is all made to look like she is very busy. Maybe we are supposed to think she is that good. We asked for another ophthalmologist, because my mother is already quite concerned about character surgery and needs someone who will pay attention to her. My thought was that Dr Nigam is there to make money and her patients are her tool to make money with. I am a professional dealing with people professionally for more than 40 years and believe I have some idea about professionalism and respecting those I deal with, no matter what background.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Nigam did a thorough exam and indicated further testing was necessary. She is professional and I felt she was very thorough. As long as my problem is solved I don't care about bedside manner or compassion possibly clouding medical judgement, just get me better.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014