Ratings for Dr. Steven A. Levine

I was refered to Dr. Levine by my primary care doctor. The initial consultation went ok. However the doctor would ask questions that you could not answer like how do you know you don't snore when your asleep. I was scheduled for a sleep study and found the staff very helpful and professional. During the study, your are required to fill out a pre and post study survey. I slept very poorly during the study (200 out of 480 mins). After the test was over, I completed the post survey. one of the questions asked during the study what did I dream or think about - I answered the question, but the answer was not nice. I contacted the office after a week and was told I have moderate sleep apnea and they immediately wanted to set up a CPAP study, I requested to see my records and they set me up with another appt to speak with Dr. Levine. I met with the doctor who read what I had said on the questionaire and then ran straight thru my test results, then asked what my issue was. When I tried to explain why I felt the tests seemed flawed I was told the tests follow set protocol and unless I can come up with a better testing method there was nothing he could do. I then started to to say something and he just proceeded to overtalk me. He then got up, took me across the hall, made my requested copies of my tests and simply walked out. He seemed irratated by my questions and disinterested in my concerns. I found this to be very unprofessional and rude. To anyone reading this post, I would definately NOT recommend this doctor to anyone. If I go the CPAP route, I will find another clinic to work thru.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

The staff is rottin they should be fired.Can't wait to find someone else

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

I'm not sure what the gripe is here. Dr. Levine has always been professional, polite, and informative. I have visited his clinic on multiple occasions and it has been extremely beneficial to me.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

Arrogant, uninterested, extremely cold and chilly persona. Have found that I had to fire this doctor and move on due to the fact that not only is his office staff unprofessional and uncaring, but he seems to act like he is the only game in town. When it gets to that point, it is time to move on. which I did.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

This doctor is very arrogant, and the staff he employees (especially the contact person) is extremely rude and unprofessional. Looking for another doctor, as I am totally satisfied with this one.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

I visited Dr. Levine to consult for a sleep study at his sleep center. I explained my symptoms, which included chronic fatigue and waking up unrefreshed. During the short office visit (during which he interrupted to answer the phone three times), he minimized my concerns, repeatedly stating it was a "stretch" to connect fatigue with apnea. I felt uncomfortable proceeding with a sleep study at his office, concerned he might find apnea but not recommend treatment for it. I went for a sleep study elsewhere and was found to have both apnea and an upper airway disorder, and am now being treated with a CPAP machine. This is making a real difference for me and I am very thankful I went with another doctor so I can sleep better now.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2009

Dr. Steven A. Levine's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1985)

Workers Comp