Ratings for Dr. James A. Stone

I feel very comfortable , and taken care of with Dr stone and his staff

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Must have had a bad day with me. After a stress test due to some severe upper chest pains he claimed he saw declining heart function and that I should be feeling shortness of breath during the test. I excercise quite a bit and found the stress test pretty easy -- no shortness of breath or even sweating. I also stressed that I had started a new drug. He said come back when it got worse. I went to another doctor (and another stress test) and same results from the test -- except this doctor agreed the pain was likely caused by the drug I was on. Replaced drug with an alternative and the upper chest pain went away completely. I feel Stone missed the obvious and was, for me, emblimatic of a hammer looking for a nail.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

After ten years of seeing Dr. Stone I have no complaints. He's very polite. Calls a spade a spade and is very good at answering any questions I might have.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2015

This is an incredable Dr. and I consider myself very fortune to be one of his patients. He inspires confidence as he shares information in a clear, knowledgeable, respectful and caring way.He answers questions, is polite, caring and professional in every aspect of his practice. I feel very well taken care of, as he changed my medication after further investigation of my condition. This resulted in better quality of life. His staff is very professional as well. Thank you:)

flag | Submitted March 6, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr Stone since 1990, and have always found him to be as others reported. He is direct and honest, with a sense of humour, and as I know from experience a tremendous help in a crisis both to the patient and the family.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2013

Caring, knowledgable,kind respectful in other words a great Cardiologist!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

A knowledgeable, friendly competent specialist not hindered by the large ego usually associated with such high level medical specialists. Willing to spend time to explain options and outcomes and to listen to the patient to learn subjective observations and to discuss these objectively. A great physician in the classic sense of physician.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2013

After living in the USA for 15 years I was used to having a thorough discussion of my condition as well as the detailed test results. Arriving in Calgary I encountered a very dismissive attitude from the first 2 cardiologists that examined me. I was very unhappy with this type of treatment.My family doctor finally found for me Dr Stone. What a difference!. He really listens! Despite early test indicators he sent me for an angiogram which resulted in major changes in medication without which my life would be much shorter.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011

I am a relative of a senior who adores Dr. Stone. When people age they look forward to appointments and the adult interaction/ medication changes and even wisdom or any insight!!. Dr. James Stone provides this. THANK YOU.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Straightforward but in a pleasant, non-alarming manner; gives both technical info but also 'translates' it into practical life-style terms; I believe he will do or recommend what needs to be done and won't recommend compromise solutions--good communicator; efficient; encourages confidence; very, very good.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2007