Ratings for Dr. Mary K. Beard

Just love her she is very caring and takes all questions seriously.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2014

Delivered my first baby and was my dr for part of my second pregnancy. She retired part way through and didn't tell me that I'd have to have a different Dr. deliver. I was very disappointed. She was very good and reassuring, but SUPER busy. The wait was at least an hour for every appointment and she spent a very few rushed minutes with me.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2008

Dr. Beard is an excellent doctor, however she is extremely busy and I always felt rushed. Her nurses are great, however. What I really didn't like about her was that she induces regularly (I'm assuming to keep a schedule). I did not want to be induced without a medical reason, however I was pressured into being induced 3 days before my due date. Because of this, I will be selecting a different doctor for my next pregnancy, but if you would like to be induced (or don't mind it), then she'd be fine. Be prepared to wait. I didn't even get to meet with her until I was over 20 weeks along (I saw the nurse practitioner instead).

flag | Submitted September 28, 2007

She is absolutely the best in her field in every way. The problem is that it is hard to get an appointment with her.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2007

She was great with my second pregnancy and delivery. Office is always too busy and hectic. My last pregnancy, I was having trouble early on and the office scheduled me for an appointment at 12 weeks when I should have had one right away. I had to find another doctor and had a miscarriage that needed to be treated right away.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2007

I've been seeing Dr Mary Beard for 15 + years (I'm only 30) i have recommeded her to a lot of others and they've all been happy. She's a very busy women so expect to wait (punctual? no so much) but I would and do give up a day just to see her. I now live 6 hours away and still make a trip at least once a year. On my last pregnancy I travel 6 hours each month and then stayed in SLC, UT the last month just so she'd be the one to deliver my baby. She's the best

flag | Submitted June 1, 2007

Dr. Beard was my OB several years ago when I was pregnant with my second child. Besides having a crazy traveling schedule (which made it hard to schedule appointments convenient for me), she was so overbooked, busy and unavailable. She missed two possibly life-threatening conditions I had (a kidney stone too big to pass and then postpartum hemorrhaging--both situations landing me at the local ER AFTER having been seen and treated by her, but misdiagnosed.) She is a very nice lady, but was just too busy and missed important details. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2007

Dr. Mary K. Beard's Credentials

• University Of Arkansas College Of Medicine (Grad. 1965)