Ratings for Dr. Michael Giuffre

DR Giuffre is a amazing doctor to my family has been with us for 15 amazing years he was looking after my special brother Adam witch god took home and now he is helping my sweet little sister Jediah witch she has been with us for 8 amazing years we will be forever be grateful also he has been very true to my family and understanding. THANK YOU Tina and Sandra

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

I will be grateful to Dr. Giuffre for the rest of my life. He diagnosed my son with multiple heart defects back in September and was amazing in getting him the care he needed. He was knowledgeable and answered every question I had and even some I never would have thought of. He made sure that we knew what was going on with every step of the process leading up to my sons surgery but also with his care after. I am pleased to say that my son is now fully recovered and thriving. Words will never sufficiently explain how thankful I am.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

Words cannot describe Dr. Michael Giuffre. After 19 years we are setting out from Cranbrook for our final visit today. We met Dr Giuffre when our daughter was just a few weeks old and as young parents we were terrified regarding the health of our new baby. From our first consultation we knew we were in very capable hands and over the many years and numerous different specialists, you soon figure out who is in the elite class of doctors and who is not. Dr Giuffre is by far the best doctor we have ever seen and is in that class of elite doctors. His level of professionalism, knowledge, demeanour and just plain human kindness sets him apart. He is truly a gift to medicine and a role model in his field. We are certainly going to miss him as we transition from Children's to Foothills, and we cannot thank him enough for the care he has provided Mackenzie. Thank you from the Wake family.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2016

Dr. Michael Giuffre is an extraordinary physician. We meet him almost 10 years ago, when our two year old was diagnosed with an aortic coarctation. He underwent heart surgery, and we have been have been Dr. Giufree's patients ever since. Dr. Giufree has been a blessing to have as a physician. He has an exceptional way with children. An ability to make them feel safe and relaxed. With parents he's exceptionally kind, patient, and compassionate. His bedside manner is 10/10. His clinic is beautifully run and his team is absolutely wonderful! Dr. Giuffre is truly gifted at what he does and I will never be able to adequately express our gratitude toward him and all he's done for our son.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

My cardiologist for as long as I can remember up until I turned 18. Truly one of the greatest doctors you can ask for in all of Calgary. He is very understanding and caring to all his patients and he has helped me the entire way ever since my heart surgery at 5 days old. My last appointment was filled with emotions and he has truly impacted my life. 100% would recommend to anyone!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2016

Dr Giuffre was my doctor when I was a child he was amazing if you have a heart condition he is the man you want to be there to help you every step of the way. Love this man

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Getting to know Dr. Giuffre over the past 3 years has been the brightest spot of dealing with our daughter's heart condition. He is kind and gentle and takes as much time as necessary to explain everything, not only to my husband and I, but to our daughter in a way that she can understand. The staff at the Providence Centre have been excellent, always available to talk to if there's a concern and working hard to schedule us as necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Giuffre to anyone needing a pediatric cardiologist. We rave about him to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I am so grateful that my paediatrician referred our daughter to Dr. Giuffre. He is the most warm hearted specialist I have come across. He is knowledgeable and kind and takes the time to answer all of your questions. The entire staff is wonderful. We discovered, at 11 months, that our daughter had a PDA that needed closing and he helped us through the whole process and just a week ago (5 months after her corrective heart procedure at the Stollery) Dr. Giuffre told us that all of the chambers in her heart were measuring within normal limits for the first time ever! Our newest child also has a PDA and a PFO, which he will be helping us monitor as he grows, and I can say that I feel more calm this time around because I know the ropes a little and because I have a wonderful cardiologist that will help us make the right decisions and will guide us along the way. Dr. Giuffre is truly an amazing doctor. Thank you for everything, Laura H.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I had a baby with 2 holes in her heart: a PFO and a VSD. Dr Giuffre was truly amazing. Now you may think that I can't necessarily be the judge of that; however from my experiences as an RN, I have no idea how he does it! Their care is AMAZING. Nowhere in Calgary will you find better, no efficient service. At every single appointment (we had 1 every 2 weeks for about 8 months), we were greeted by reception (who are the MOST caring, try-to-fit-around-your-schedule receptionist I've ever experienced. EVER. (And reception actually knew A LOT about cardiology and what type of timelines I was looking at for some things). The ladies who do the ECHOs and ECGs are VERY quick and can work with infants who are crying, squirming....etc. TRUST ME: when you look IN THE PROVINCE for someone like that, it's extremely rare. We've had to go to Edmonton for the open-heart surgery and even the technicians there are not as proficient with their instruments as the technicians at Dr. Giuffre's office. In Edmonton they insisted on having my daughter under general anaesthetic because their technicians didn't know how to deal with CONSIOUS patients. Seriously, Dr. Giuffre's team is beyond anything I've EVER seen in Alberta Health Services. You would be the LUCKIEST cardiology patient if your GP referred you to his office. BEST SERVICE EVER!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Giuffre was my cardiologist since i was 3 weeks old until i was 18! He was the most understanding and caring Dr. I've ever had. Although I'm a female I never felt uncomfortable around him. He would always take the time to explain everything and make sure I knew what was happening with my heart. When I was a baby he would do the same for my parents. He's always in a wonderful mood and I haven't seen him in 3 years now that I'm older, but I remember I was so sad at my very last appointment with him knowing I had to go to some new Cardiologist. Him and his staff were a joy to met and miss them dearly. I hope others who have him as a cardiologist have the same amazing experience with him as I did. - Kayla. W

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015