You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael Giuffre

Dr Giuffre was my doctor when I was a child he was amazing if you have a heart condition he is the man you want to be there to help you every step of the way. Love this man

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Getting to know Dr. Giuffre over the past 3 years has been the brightest spot of dealing with our daughter's heart condition. He is kind and gentle and takes as much time as necessary to explain everything, not only to my husband and I, but to our daughter in a way that she can understand. The staff at the Providence Centre have been excellent, always available to talk to if there's a concern and working hard to schedule us as necessary. I highly recommend Dr. Giuffre to anyone needing a pediatric cardiologist. We rave about him to everyone!

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

I am so grateful that my paediatrician referred our daughter to Dr. Giuffre. He is the most warm hearted specialist I have come across. He is knowledgeable and kind and takes the time to answer all of your questions. The entire staff is wonderful. We discovered, at 11 months, that our daughter had a PDA that needed closing and he helped us through the whole process and just a week ago (5 months after her corrective heart procedure at the Stollery) Dr. Giuffre told us that all of the chambers in her heart were measuring within normal limits for the first time ever! Our newest child also has a PDA and a PFO, which he will be helping us monitor as he grows, and I can say that I feel more calm this time around because I know the ropes a little and because I have a wonderful cardiologist that will help us make the right decisions and will guide us along the way. Dr. Giuffre is truly an amazing doctor. Thank you for everything, Laura H.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I had a baby with 2 holes in her heart: a PFO and a VSD. Dr Giuffre was truly amazing. Now you may think that I can't necessarily be the judge of that; however from my experiences as an RN, I have no idea how he does it! Their care is AMAZING. Nowhere in Calgary will you find better, no efficient service. At every single appointment (we had 1 every 2 weeks for about 8 months), we were greeted by reception (who are the MOST caring, try-to-fit-around-your-schedule receptionist I've ever experienced. EVER. (And reception actually knew A LOT about cardiology and what type of timelines I was looking at for some things). The ladies who do the ECHOs and ECGs are VERY quick and can work with infants who are crying, squirming....etc. TRUST ME: when you look IN THE PROVINCE for someone like that, it's extremely rare. We've had to go to Edmonton for the open-heart surgery and even the technicians there are not as proficient with their instruments as the technicians at Dr. Giuffre's office. In Edmonton they insisted on having my daughter under general anaesthetic because their technicians didn't know how to deal with CONSIOUS patients. Seriously, Dr. Giuffre's team is beyond anything I've EVER seen in Alberta Health Services. You would be the LUCKIEST cardiology patient if your GP referred you to his office. BEST SERVICE EVER!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

Dr. Giuffre was my cardiologist since i was 3 weeks old until i was 18! He was the most understanding and caring Dr. I've ever had. Although I'm a female I never felt uncomfortable around him. He would always take the time to explain everything and make sure I knew what was happening with my heart. When I was a baby he would do the same for my parents. He's always in a wonderful mood and I haven't seen him in 3 years now that I'm older, but I remember I was so sad at my very last appointment with him knowing I had to go to some new Cardiologist. Him and his staff were a joy to met and miss them dearly. I hope others who have him as a cardiologist have the same amazing experience with him as I did. - Kayla. W

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

I met Dr. Giuffre for the first time today and he made an impact on my life I will never forget. He made me feel comfortable and was extremity caring. His passion for what he does shines through him. I could never thank Dr. Giuffre enough for his compassion, it only took a 30 min appointment to change my perspective on life. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the impact you are making on children and parent's lives everyday.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Please excuse my late email this is the only time I have. You may recall my 8 year old son Brody as a patient of yours.You first met him at 3mo old. Time passes. Brody is just fantastic, and a big and strong 8 year old now. I am actually writing to you because at my job we have been doing self assessments in our HR team. Too many details to mention however I brought your name up as one of the most pivotal people and moments in my life. I work with a great (small)team of HR so it was very comfortable. Basically it was about our first meeting and how many of those (first meetings) you must have everyday. You had a tough conversation to give to me . You were about to tell me my baby, my new born had 2 holes in his heart. You did it with respect and caring. With pure honesty and professionalism. You made me comfortable, drew a picture so I understood the path I'd need to fix my baby. Then you opened up about you being a family man and all the kids you have. Lastly you circled back, asked me if I had more questions.Writing you is not one of the steps in the process my team is doing. But In discussions of my most pivotal moments I realized it might be nice just to find you and let you know that you may have those very difficult conversations three times a day or more, but you made me feel valued in that moment and it has stayed with me. So a very heart felt thank you to you Dr Giuffre. I believe in being positive and having great communication. I recruit for over 500 stores, so you need that for success. Speaking of success, when I searched you I found a lot of huge recent accomplishments you have! Well done! We see you again in another year, but I wanted to reach out now and mention this to you. What you do is amazing, I saw your passion for it every time I was in your office. I also have that passion for my career. I don't expect you to recall the conversation we had that day 8 years ago but it's important that you know it was so meaningful to me.That's it. And this all may sound terribly odd. But I thought it was just a good thing to pass on to you. Thank you again for connecting, and take care. You are a very special person, with values , caring and kindness for each of your patients.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2015

It's been 11 years since Dr. Guiffre first diagnosed my daughter with chronic congestive heart failure. So much has happened since then and when people have asked me how we got through it, I have to give credit to Dr. Guiffre and his amazing staff. Even in the scariest moments, we find strength through Dr. Guiffre's calm and competent approach. Sure enough things improve and we carry on with even greater confidence. He is always so respectful, offering us as much time as we need to ask our seemingly endless questions- my 14 year old girl and I have many questions! When coordinating with other specialists, we know without a doubt that Dr. Guiffre strives for the best possible collaboration and is insistent that every detail of her care is considered and addressed. The staff are equally fantastic, always offering us their absolute best with care, respect, and competence. Thank you and bless you all for your professionalism, dedication. and commitment to optimal patient care. We are a grateful family.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2015

We have been bring our son to see Dr Giuffre since he was 4 weeks old. Dr Giuffre has always been great explaining our sons Aortic Stenosis and easing our fears. He is very knowledgeable, and professional. The staff has always been friendly. Front reception, as well technicians performing the ECG & EKG. We would highly recommend Dr Giuffre to anyone that may be looking for a pediatric cardiologist. You can see that he cares about the health of his patients.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2015

One word - FANTASTIC!!! I can only say kind words about Dr. Giuffre and his staff. My son was born with ASD, Dr. Guiffre followed him for years, when it was time to broach the subject of surgery Dr. Guiffre put my mind at ease, he answered all my questions and concerns as well as my sons, We are grateful to have such an amazing, talented, caring, compassionate doctor. You can tell he really cares about his patients and their families. The best physicians I have ever met!!!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2015

Dr. Michael Giuffre's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Giuffre was my doctor when I was a child he was amazing if you have a heart condition he is the man you want to be there to help you every step of the way. L..."

February 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Getting to know Dr. Giuffre over the past 3 years has been the brightest spot of dealing with our daughter's heart condition. He is kind and gentle and takes as..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I am so grateful that my paediatrician referred our daughter to Dr. Giuffre. He is the most warm hearted specialist I have come across. He is knowledgeable and ..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a baby with 2 holes in her heart: a PFO and a VSD. Dr Giuffre was truly amazing. Now you may think that I can't necessarily be the judge of that; however ..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre was my cardiologist since i was 3 weeks old until i was 18! He was the most understanding and caring Dr. I've ever had. Although I'm a female I neve..."

December 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I met Dr. Giuffre for the first time today and he made an impact on my life I will never forget. He made me feel comfortable and was extremity caring. His passi..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Please excuse my late email this is the only time I have. You may recall my 8 year old son Brody as a patient of yours.You first met him at 3mo old. Time passes..."

August 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It's been 11 years since Dr. Guiffre first diagnosed my daughter with chronic congestive heart failure. So much has happened since then and when people have ask..."

July 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "We have been bring our son to see Dr Giuffre since he was 4 weeks old. Dr Giuffre has always been great explaining our sons Aortic Stenosis and easing our fear..."

May 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "One word - FANTASTIC!!! I can only say kind words about Dr. Giuffre and his staff. My son was born with ASD, Dr. Guiffre followed him for years, when it was ti..."

April 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre takes the time to understand and explain thoroughly, processes and procedures to his patients (child) in a manner that they can understand. He is a..."

April 14, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre is very compassionate and very knowledgeable. My son got the best care under him and we are comfortable in knowing that our son is under his care. ..."

March 11, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was a referral to go and see doctor Giuffre, I thought my son only had a heart murmer and that was it. Turns out he had a hole in his heart where he needed..."

January 6, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre has been amazing with our son right from his very first visit. He is kind, caring and compassionate. He is never in a hurry and always takes the tim..."

December 8, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre is by far one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with. He is compassionate, professional and knowledgeable. He makes both children and parents fe..."

November 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre is great physician and has a wonderful bedside manner."

October 17, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "superbkjkjdskdsjhkdsjhskdhjdskkjksksjdkdsjhkjfskdjfhsk"

October 14, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Giuffre’s knowledgeable and compassionate presence was extremely comforting to us as terrified parents of a precious ten-year old daughter in the ICU strick..."

September 9, 2014