Ratings for Dr. Richard Boorman

I can believe how dr Boorman was reall I've be to many dr in Calgary but with dr Boorman I don't know how to explain. For the fast time I felt I was a person. He nice understanding I'm so looking forward for my next visit. He's an Awesome dr I went for mri scan. I'm worried what the is going to tell about my shoulder. I know I'm in good hand his s greatest dr I ever meet ..

flag | Submitted July 4, 2016

Both Dr. Boorman and his right hand lady, Peg, are wonderful. Although Dr. Boorman was unable to help me with my shoulder completely which had undergone total replacement years before, he was able to alleviate the majority of the pain. He is knowledgeable, extremely helpful and definitely not arrogant. He really cares about his patients. His assistant, Peg, is fantastic. She too, is patient and understanding. I would strongly recommend him to others. Having Dr. Boorman as your surgeon is worth the wait.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2015

Superb surgeon. I did some real thorough internet-based research for the best shoulder surgeon in Canada but it's hard to trust the internet. My right shoulder had been operated on 4 times before seeing Dr. Boorman. Twice in the GTA area in the mid nineties, then in Helsinki in '02, and the fourth one was in the Lesser Antilles in '08. The original diagnosis was a simple separated shoulder. After two Weaver-Dunn procedures, a sternoclavicular operation, and a glenohumeral SLAP tear scope, nothing was working. I couldn't do cartwheels or handstands, which are my favorites. A colleague recommended I get on the waiting list to see Dr. Boorman. The wait was worth it. Dr. Boorman said the diagnosis was so cinchy. All I needed was a hemiarthroplasty. My shoulder feels like someone injected WD40 right into it. Amazing results thanks to Dr. Boorman.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

Extremely good doctor. I have been a patient for 7 years, 2 shoulder replacements and a revision surgery. Easy going doctor, come prepared he is an in demand doctor so don't waste time. His assistant Peg is a dream compared to his previous assistant. Very good doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

Dr. Boorman did my shoulder replacement back in 2008 when I was 65 & I can't be more pleased with how successful it was. .... I'm able to do everything now that I could before the surgery... had extreme pain before they were able to do the surgery ..... so thankful for Dr. Boorman & his staff.... :-)

flag | Submitted February 21, 2015

I've had three shoulder surgeries from Dr. Boorman, and am coming up on my fourth. He's extremely nice, and so knowledgeable about my specific and unique issues. I've had times where I've had pain without knowing what it is, and he put enough trust in my opinion that something wasn't right to investigate it further. He has care and concern for his patients, and is willing to take extra time to ensure that patient feels like they've been listened to and cared for to the full extent. If he doesn't know something offhand, he immediately makes sure to research and find out. My health issues are relatively unique, and he was happy with learning how to deal with it together. Amazing doctor.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2014

Was refered to see Dr. Boormandue to constant shoulder disloctions. he was able to make me an appointment to have surgery fairly quickly, however this appointment was changed 3 times before I was able to get the surgery done. Since then I have had nothing but problems and he will not return my calls or my family doctors calls. Prior to having surgery I had no pain except for when I had a dislocation, and after surgery I am now living with a bottle of pain medication close at hand. He seemed to be very knowledgable but it seems like he has better things to d ten follow up with his patients. Very unprofessionable in my opinion and now that I ave to have another surgery to correct this I am finding it hard to be able to trust a doctor again. In adition to these poblems he NEVER did all that he was supposed to and I only found this out after an MRI 3 months after surgery when my family doctor told me. When I asked about this I was told that theres nothing else he can do for me andhave a nice day

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

Saw for wcb - helpful, prompt , knows his stuff. Actually seemed interested in what was happening! I am an experienced RN - This is a Doctor that cares.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2012

I had my left shoulder replaced back on Nov 6th 2011, best thing that ever happened to it after fighting with it for 15 years. Very pleased with operations and the results, Dr. Boorman and everyone else involved were great.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2012

I had surgery on my foot by Dr. Boorman, and he did a wonderful job. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012