Ratings for Dr. Maureen Bakken

I too was nervous about the reviews I had read. But, being in the medical profession and dealing with many Dr. Gods I figured I could handle he! Boy was I surprised, she was lovely, professional and respectful of my budget. I appreciated that she did the injections herself. In the past I received tratments under the supervision of a plastic surgeon but treated by a nurse. I will definitely be back!!

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

Facial Scar fill wizard. Excellent work! Thanks :)

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have been going for acne treatments for a while now and have seen such an improvement on my condition, thanks to Dr. Bakken and her staff for providing excellent products and advice. Dr. Bakken's straightforward remarks are not new to me, as a matter of fact it even helped me set my expectations straight. It is every after my quarterly check-ups with her that my condition keeps on improving; her prescriptions are beyond helpful. The staff have always been accommodating and helpful since day one, especially Bri-anne and Rayna. I'll aways appreciate the excellent service given to me by this clinic!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Professional and skilled in her practise. No nonsense doctor

flag | Submitted January 28, 2017

I've been searching for a GP and came across my dermatologist, I am shocked to see such slander. After using MLM skincare products and developing what I perceived to be cystic acne I was desperate for help...I had been on accutane when I was younger and was afraid that wherever I went they would try and put me on it, again. (It is not good for you, and did not agree with me) I was pleasantly surprised to have a straightforward Doctor who more or less told me to stop using garbage products, gave me a topical prescription and got me on the AHC treatments. I love the courtesy calls and friendless of the staff...I can't recall her name but the smaller brunette early 20's usually has a ponytail in, is always so friendly whenever my appointments are with her I always feel like I'm visiting with a friend! The treatments have improved my acne to being practically non- existent, they always check in with me while the treatment is happening to ensure my comfort. My back was the same if not worse than my face and that had mostly cleared up too! Since starting I have had a following visit with her where she recommended the pink mitt, increase exfoliation and changed my topical prescription so I can continue having the most effective treatment. Whenever my boyfriend has a pimple or face problem he always asks "Can I use your good stuff?" And I always say "YES, it will clear you right up!" I hope my review can serve as hope for those who are feeling overwhelmed with the cost of skin care...This AHC treatments are free and I am overall spending less money on skin care products than I was before. I have missed appointments twice unfortunately, one time in fall when I did not receive a call the day before a cluelessy forgot. Another time when my vehicle would not start and I couldn't make it. They were not rude, did not charge me and didn't bring it up when I finally was able to reschedule. Thank you! Thank you! -K.P

flag | Submitted January 1, 2017

Very happy with my results Dr. Bakken is obviously a busy woman and doesn't have time to pussyfoot around people's sensitive emotions. Yes I have bad skin, I'm not offended to hear that obviously I know I'm there for help Everyone needs to grow a thicker skin seems like Staff was very nice and helpful And as far as product goes it makes all the difference having a good cleanser and cream. I saw a huge difference before even starting treatment .Also very well priced for makeup and cleanser no more than I've spent at drugstores

Submitted November 27, 2016

I had Ann appointment to have some moles looked at because I was concerned about them. Dr bakken treated me like I was wasting her time and when I asked questions she looked at me like I was stupid. I was left with the nurse/receptionist and after a few minutes dr bakken knocked on the door and told us she needed to room, essentially kicking me out while I was asking questions. So rude. Will not be returning.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

The ahc skin treatments we have received have worked. Three of my appointments have been 45 minutes plus late. They make you sign a contract to pay $200 if you are late, however, they have no regard for your valuable time. I do not like being pressured to purchase their over priced skin products. I believe it is unethical to only offer ahc services if you purchase their products.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2016

Patient's update
Separating fact from fiction: ....... The Alberta Health Care Treatments are based on a 15-20min service cycle. It is not possible to be 45mins late for a service. The $200 penalty is for those who book a consult/appointment with Dr.Bakken and do NOT SHOW, it has nothing to do with being late. The staff phone the day before and leave a complimentary reminder on ALL services for the Doctor and the Aesthetician. Most of the time "NO SHOW'S" are given a warning unless the person is a repeat offender. Of course all reasonable excuses are accepted. Medical Skin care is more money for many reasons. It is expensive to research, develop and pass rigorous Health Canada requirements. It actually does what it claims to do! There are many "WANNABE" Over The Counter pricey products just because someone famous promotes them or are products from large beauty lines. "Unethical" would be to allow someone to have treatments using products that would either do nothing, harm and create unwanted consequences or negate a positive effect on the skin. If a patient is on a medical grade acne line there is no need to change that. The success of the treatments relies on effective skin care. The patient always has the choice NOT to do the acne program if unwilling to use healthier appropriate skin care. It's not relevant whether its products from Laser Derm or from another medical source.

Submitted October 4, 2016

I have been going for acne treaments.Dr.Bakken was helpful and considerate with me during my first appointment. The staff I find knowledgeable and helpful. I think when you are going to a Dr. any Dr. you need to remember that they are there to do a job your not marrying them or planning to spend an extended period of time in their presence. If find that being blunt and straight with someone is rude then move along. She is not a bad Dr. because your feelings get hurt.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2016

I go to this clinic only to receive the free acne treatments that are covered by Alberta Health Care. Any of the other treatments that I choose pay for, I prefer to take my business elsewhere (Dr. Badenhorst's skincare clinic is much better!). Aside from Dr. Bakken insisting that you must use her product line if you are going to receive AHC covered services, the moral in the front office is terrible. Her office is far from a "salon feel". and while Erin's most recent departure has improved the overall feel in the office , the energy is poor. Don't you dare arrive a few minutes late for an appointment, either! Compared to how services were AHC offered several years ago, the you're lucky if you get a quick 5 minute derm these days. One pass, not two on the derms and you'd best wash your own skin before you arrive. I don't recommend this place, unless of course its to take advantage of the free acne treatments.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2016

Dr. Maureen Bakken's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients