Ratings for Dr. Kathy Baxter

Very unprofessional and rude. Just because she's a doctor she thinks she knows everything when really she doesn't know anything at all. Can't believe how rude she was to me and my father.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I met with Dr Baxter and found her informative, friendly, helpful and she exhibited many other positive traits. I don't know why she gets such negative reviews. I have only good things to say about her. Telephone communications with her staff were positive too.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Very rude and unprofessional attitude to patients! She ignores patients and is very inpatient during the consultation period. Actually I doubt if she has been trained basic knowledge about ethic and empathy manner attitude to patients. Very bad and worst experience actually I have ever had!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

Rude, belittling, ignorant! No regard for patients, no empathy. Should not be practicing period! If she has the least wait time, it's because she is the worst! It's ine thing to be quick and abrupt, but to be rude to an elderly woman who had driven 2 hours to an appointment is totally appalling! Shame on you, Dr. Baxter! N

flag | Submitted April 29, 2017

Terrible experience....waited almost 6 months to see the doctor and when my day came , I was the first patient that morning...her and the receptionist kept me waiting for nearly a half hour past my schedule appointment so she could talk about a wedding and a party she had visited in the weekend When she finally graced me with her presence it was nothing but ignorance and arrogance ...called me a fool for using the only thing that helped with my rosacea....I went back to my family physician and told him never to refer me to her again...waste of time

flag | Submitted March 17, 2017

Dr Baxter was able to diagnose a rare skin condition that had eluded the diagnosis of two competent GP's at a local walk-in clinic. Her diagnosis led to the successful treatment of advanced cancer at SJRH. Without Dr Baxter's early diagnosis, I'm not sure that I would be here today.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

I had a very positive experience on Jan. 13/17. If I had read the comments below beforehand, I probably would have changed my mind, however I am happy that I saw Dr. Baxter for my pre-cancerous lesions and I would recommend to anyone to see her and judge for themselves. I found Dr. Baxter to be professional and personable.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Went to see Dr.Baxter for large patches of eczema on both my head and scalp, that was causing hair loss. I had misplaced my medicare card, and called a week ahead to make sure that they would allow me to just give them the number and expiry date (I also had a copy of it), they said it was fine. When I get there the day of the appointment the same receptionist tells me that I'm not able to be seen by the doctor without it. I explain that I spoke with HER, and had driven two hours in a snowstorm for the appointment, so they "made an exception" Dr. Baxter was extremely rude, and refused to actually look at the eczema that covered my head, ears, hands, and neck, stating that "she had seen eczema before and didn't need to see it again" she then wrote me an illegible prescription, and tried to leave the room, I asked what it was for, and if it contained certain ingredients that I was allergic to, she told me that she "didn't think so" and that "all the instructions are on the paper" which I couldn't read. Come to find out the cream contained BOTH of the ingredients that I had mentioned to her, but it was too late by then. This was a complete waste of time on my part, and if it was up to me, she would not have a medical license. Both her and her staff were rude and incompetent, and her bedside manner was awful. I would hate to be a person with a more serious skin condition, and have to rely on her for treatment.

flag | Submitted January 2, 2017

I saw Dr Baxter in NB before moving to ON. She's great if you have something she's interested in, but if not, she has no time for you. She has TERRIBLE bedside manner, she rushes, and believes herself to a fault. I went to her with eczema so bad I couldn't bend my fingers most days, along with other effects that were having a severe impact on my quality of life. She did a small patch test on me - not even a standard sized panel - and said, LITERALLY, "You're allergic to nickel. You'll have to get a desk job when you enter the work force. Don't touch money" She prescribed me some ointments and sent me on my way. So years later I go to a good dermatologist in Ottawa because after living off Dr Baxter's advice, and trying every cream and ointment doctors could prescribe only to still be battling severe eczema that, in the last 15 years has spread to other parts of me and sometimes make it so I can't even eat - she does a full panel patch test after an extensive background interview and looking at all the products I own, and come to find out I'M ALLERGIC TO THE CREAM AND OINTMENTS. The creams and ointments I've been using for the last 15 years have done nothing but make everything worse. And to top it off, I'm only mildly allergic to nickel! This doctor. This woman. Should NOT be practicing. The ONLY reason she's rated #2 is because unless you can leave Saint John, she's your only option. If you have to see her, at least hope you have something she's interested in treating. Otherwise you'll get the basic once over and generic treatment, as well as her signature attitude to boot.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Its amazing this woman still has a practice. I know 3 separate people, including myself, who have had horrid experiences. No bed side manner at all. She suggested to my friend who has severe epilepsy that going off the meds that help her might relieve some of her skin conditions. YA cause taking a fit and driving off a bridge is an acceptable chance to have clear skin. give me a break.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2016