Ratings for Dr. Kathy Baxter

Rude, condescending, belittling and worst of all not helpful for my common skin condition. If your family doctor needs to refer you to a dermatologist, don't be tempted to settle for Dr. Baxter just because her wait list is the shortest. You will likely want an actual professional opinion and then need to be referred on to someone else, extending your wait time. I could handle her horrible attitude if she was knowledgeable and helpful, but this is not the case (especially if you have Rosacea, you'll find more helpful information in your own research).

flag | Submitted August 6, 2016

I found Dr. Baxter to be a great doctor who was very knowledgeable and experienced in her field. She explained everything she was doing during my procedure and had me talking the whole time as she could tell I was nervous. She was very nice and even made a few funny jokes. She took her time, was punctual, asked me questions about how I was feeling throughout the procedure, and explained the after-care to me very well and made sure I left her office with knowing what to do. I would recommend this doctor to anyone regarding dermatology issues. She was very respectful, caring, and considerate!

flag | Submitted July 26, 2016

Dr. Baxter was many victims out in the community according to some nurses I have no spoken with. My mother has been going to her for 8 months for a complicated mess of a rash and extensive wound that drained non stop...treated only with Vaseline. Dr. Baxter sent an elderly lady home to deal with an extensive dressing multiple times a day at hundreds of dollars out of a senior's pocket without care or concern for her ability to deal with this. Has she not heard of EMH or community resources? She messed up a biopsy in February and took another 3 months before she would even bother to repeat it. How does someone who only deals with skin fail to take a proper skin biopsy? Then to make matters worse...she tells my mother on a Friday afternoon she has lymphoma and leaves us all hanging with this dreadful news! She did not even have the courtesy to call me ( the POA) back to explain what she had found! My call fell on deaf ears. It turns out my mother has cancer ( late stage) that may kill her because of Dr. Baxter's incompetent dicking around. Unfortunately our family trusted that she knew what she was doing because she is a professional and now we could possibly lose our dear mother who is taking chemo and fighting for her life because of her incompetence. You had one job....skin....epic fail!! I fear for the other patients who don't know any better. Shame on you Dr. Baxter!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2016

I had an age spot removed with liquid nitrogen. Dr Baxter took the time and showed me the big flash the liquid came in from another room. It was very interesting to me. I found her very professional and competent.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2016

Couldn't of asked for a better doctor! Her staff was friendly and accommodating and got me right in to see Dr Baxter! I went over a month with a rash and no one could diagnosis me.. As soon as Dr Baxter seen my rash she knew what it was! She literally saved my life in more then one way.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

She was a total waste of my time. She couldn't treat a simple skin condition so she said she would refer me to someone else. It's been a year and that never happened.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

She is by far the worst doctor in Saint John. She has no time for her patients and keeps her hand on the door. She is offensive and does not care about her patients. I was waiting before seeing her and she came out to her receptionist and in front of the people in the waiting room complained about the patient that just left. What a sorry excuse of a doctor. Then she barely looked at my problem and wanted to charge me to laser. Which my doctor later did for free!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Absolutely the worst Doctor I've met. She looked at me like I was telling some sort of lie. She also wasted my time. My appointment was for 9 she didn't even make it into her own office till 9:20. She didn't even give me the time of day to explain what was wrong. She was the worst Doctor I've ever went to see. Wouldn't recommend seeing her!!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2016

I went to see Dr.Baxter about my acne. She was right on time with my appointment. Although Dr Baxter might not be overly friendly I found her nice and very proffesional. I told her my problem she did a quick but thorough exam and discussed the treatment that she prescribed with me. She took the time to go over the potential side effects with me and even ended up diagnosing something I didn't even ask about and offered helpful information about this. I wasn't going to comment but after reading such negative comments I had to give my opinion. I feel that people may find she disrupts them because they may be self diagnosing and I can understand how frustrating it must be to have patients that try to diagnose themselves. In the end I found Dr.Baxter to be very professional, helpful and punctual.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

Very professional and knowledgeable, didn't rush and was very considerate. She seems to be a very level person and I would say that we are in good hand with her. It seems that her personality is just that of a more serious person and I don't think it's very nice of people to be making mean anonymous comments on the internet.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016