First time visit for me, read this website, did not know what to think. Well, she was FANTASTIC. I went for alopecia and as a female this is an awful condition. She asked about family history with several conditions, explained where this fit in. Provided treatment on the spot, and told me to come back in 8 weeks if I was not getting the desired results. I found her very personable and she listened to my comments and answered my questions. I would recommend her in a second.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

I've never felt like I was wasting a persons time more.. She barely looked me in the eye and write me two prescriptions that she didn't even explain to me and when I asked questions about them she basically made me feel stupid.. I had to get the info I needed from the pharmacist... Ridiculous that she's still working in the medical field .. I'm actually going to "fire" her after the holidays are over... Not that she'd be that considerate toward anyone...

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

All the comments below are absolutely right! I can now add a new point that She was trying to be a RACIST against me, all I asked her is a question and She said that I need a Translator to better understand her advises( Fact : Honest to God, She didn't gave me a Single advice or a positive vibe) beyond that She was Rude, Spent like a couple minutes to see her for my Second Visit. And all She gave me is the Same prescription what She gave me Last time. Never Ever Visiting her again.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Terrible bedside manner. Abrupt, rude and belittling. Asked essentially no questions about my symptoms, barely glanced my way, and offered no suggestions. I would not rec on end on any level unless you want to have s coffee with her receptionist who is lovely

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

After waiting 6 months to see Dr. Baxter for my Rosacea, I was severely disappointed and I can understand why her waitlist is the shortest of all the dermatologists in the city. She was rude, insensitive, condescending, and arrogant. She entered the room without introducing herself or confirming my identity. She didn't make eye contact as I told her my symptoms and barked out that "you have Rosacea and there is no cure. You'll have it forever and you can only manage the symptoms. You need to figure out what you are doing to trigger it". She did give me some basic googled information on management of symptoms and flareups, but I already had all of that information from my prior research. She lacks empathy and has the emotional capacity of a Vulcan. I would not recommend Dr. Baxter to anyone and I hope I never encounter her again. Her receptionist was lovely.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2015

I waited 6 months to get into see Dr. Baxter about my acne. I have always had acne on my back and chin and I just wanted clear skin for once. I go in and am only there for 3 minutes once she enters the room. I tell her I just want clear and healthy skin and that I am sick of being embarrassed about my back. She took a little magnifying glass and looked at my chin and then wrote a prescription. She was very cold and didn't seem interested at all, didn't want a follow up after I tried the prescription, nothing. Once I got the prescription it was just for my chin, which wasn't the biggest concern that I brought to her. The prescription caused my skin to look chemically burned and discoloured, it still hasn't fully been corrected. I find that I had better luck finding ways to keep my face clear on the internet. I would not waste another 6 months.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

What. A. B!t@h. I didn't read her online reviews before I went to my appointment this morning but I can see now that they are accurate. I had to wait just under an hour to see her and she didn't even say "Hello" or "Sorry for the wait"... just sat down with my file and asked "What are you looking for today?". Saying that this woman awful bedside manner does not even begin to describe her attitude and rude comments. She cut me off while trying to explain my issue (allergies and skin rashes due to them) multiple times and told me that i was "wrong" and that she needed to "separate the FACTS and FICTION from my story". She bragged several times about how many patients she turns away every week because they don't want to help themselves. She said that she doesn't want to waste her time on people like that when there are other people who need her help. It was extremely difficult to take anything that she said seriously when she wouldn't even listen to anything that I tried to explain before she was diagnosing me with issues that I know I do not have. She prescribed me two medications and when I went to the pharmacist, she discussed them with the other pharmacists there and they advised AGAINST her instructions to me (to put these really strong steroid creams on my hands and face). Now I'm not sure whether or not I should use my creams but I know for certain that I will never, ever be going back to that psycho. As an added note, their office is a mess and there are piles of papers EVERYWHERE. Definitely far from professional.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2014

Went to see her today after waiting 8 months to be told that she won't help me cause I want having a flare up for her to see .... even though I brought a picture . Drove 45 mins to be told this .... my char clearly stated wasn't pressent all the time that it flared up ....... why wouldn't they tell patients that in order to treat u that the rash had to be present and if that's the case how will I ever be treated ..... I'm sure I can't just call on the day it happens to get in..... took 8 months for this apt . Says she turns patients away all the time .. .. I think it's all about the money ..... this should be mentioned on the phone before the apt is made...... very frustreated to say the least ..... b must be nice to waste ppl time and all for what ..... money

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I FOUND DR BAXTER TO BE AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR WITH TIME TO DISCUSS ANY MEDICAL CONCERN I HAD REGARDING OUR APPOINTMENT. SHE IS DIRECT, TO THE POINT AND VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE .NEW BRUNSWICK AND SAINT JOHN SHOULD BE PROUD THAT DR BAXTER HAS CHOSEN TO STAY IN THE PROVINCE TO PRACTICE MEDICINE. I AM HONOURED TO BE A PATIENT OF DR BAXTER AND FEEL I AM WELL LOOKED AFTER BY HER. BRAVO DR BAXTER

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. Kathy Baxter's Credentials

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "First time visit for me, read this website, did not know what to think. Well, she was FANTASTIC. I went for alopecia and as a female this is an awful condition...."

January 14, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I've never felt like I was wasting a persons time more.. She barely looked me in the eye and write me two prescriptions that she didn't even explain to me and w..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "All the comments below are absolutely right! I can now add a new point that She was trying to be a RACIST against me, all I asked her is a question and She sa..."

December 7, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Rude and would not answer questions or listen to my explanation of symptoms. Interrupted every time I began to speak. "

December 2, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Terrible bedside manner. Abrupt, rude and belittling. Asked essentially no questions about my symptoms, barely glanced my way, and offered no suggestions. I wo..."

November 6, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "E2H1" to "E2L 2B5". Address has been updated from "None" to "133 Prince William Street". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "15066342622".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "After waiting 6 months to see Dr. Baxter for my Rosacea, I was severely disappointed and I can understand why her waitlist is the shortest of all the dermatolog..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I waited 6 months to get into see Dr. Baxter about my acne. I have always had acne on my back and chin and I just wanted clear skin for once. I go in and am onl..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "What. A. B!t@h. I didn't read her online reviews before I went to my appointment this morning but I can see now that they are accurate. I had to wait just under..."

December 2, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Went to see her today after waiting 8 months to be told that she won't help me cause I want having a flare up for her to see .... even though I brought a pictur..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I FOUND DR BAXTER TO BE AN EXCELLENT DOCTOR WITH TIME TO DISCUSS ANY MEDICAL CONCERN I HAD REGARDING OUR APPOINTMENT. SHE IS DIRECT, TO THE POINT AND VERY KNOWL..."

September 12, 2014