Ratings for Dr. Jessica Burkett

Dr Burkett is a very caring, informed doc. She takes the time to really listen to what your concerns are and gives you advice you as a layperson can understand. She also will work with medications that are affordable and deliver the same results as an expensive brand name. She's the BEST

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

I LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Burkett! She is always so polite and sits down and really takes her time listening to you, and asking questions. Great asset to Wilmington Health Associates - Highly recommend!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2010

About 6 months my post about Dr,Burkett's hasty diagnosis of inflammatory breast cancer in my elderly mother,my mother received a letter from Wilmington Health Associates informing her that the practice was going to discontinue her care. I tried to find out the reason why. I had continued to take my mother to Dr. Burkett and had continued to go to her myself and couldn't understand what the problem was. Within a week or two, I also received the same letter. I believe it was because of my post here. Risk management found the post and decided we were too risky. It was especially unfortunate as my mother had dementia and was declining and I had to take her to a new doctor. It was very confusing to her as she deteriorated and subsequently passed away. Beware that if your comments are identifiable,you may also end up in this situation.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

I really like Dr. Burkett. She takes time to listen to my concerns and always tells me if she has any knew ideas for any health issues I may have.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I AM A CRITICAL CARE RN WHO FEELS STRONGLY THAT DR BURKETT IS AN EXTRORDINARY DR. SHE SEES THE WHOLE PERSON AND LOOKS AT EVERY OUTCOME AND POSSIBILITY. SHE IS COMPASSIONATE AND PROFESSIONAL. I HAVE NEVER HAD A DR THAT RELATES TO ME AS WELL AS SHE DOES ON EVERY VISIT. SHE IS NON JUDGEMENTAL AND EMPATHETIC. SHE IS AN EXCEPTIONAL PHYSICIAN, WHO YOU CAN TELL, LOVES HER JOB.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2009

I have been very happy with Dr.Burkett over the last 3 years. She listens and makes sensible suggestions for resolution. My only problem with her came when my mother who is also a patient had a sore on her breast that I assumed was a burn from a heating pad. I took her to Dr.Burkett and she immediately said that she had inflammatory breast cancer. Since my mom is 85 with dementia I just couldn't imagine how we would manage surgery/treatment for her. We were referred to a surgeon but had to wait over the weekend. Once the surgeon looked at the breast, she immediately said this was NOT cancer. Needless to say we were relieved but I felt that Dr.Burkett never should have made the diagnosis.She later told me she had never seen inflammatory breast cancer. I was disappointed in her for that.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2008

Dr. Jessica Burkett's Credentials

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)