Ratings for Dr. Starr Cardwell

Dr. Cardwell has been the primary care giver for my premature twins and my youngest son. As baby's we have had a few rough patches: feeding issues, emesis, hip displasia, severe Asthma and many issues as they have grown up, she has been the most impressive and thorough paediatrician. We as a family are so grateful for her continuing, over and above care. Starr is personable, knowledgeable and very careful with her work. Overall, Dr. Cardwell has been amazing with her work and we are confident in her skills in her profession. - The Kochuk family

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Dr. Cardwell is both a compassionate, engaging, and thoroughl doctor. She takes the time to assess your child and then is quick to initiate referrals should your child require one. No word can describe our level of gratitude for the care that she has provided our 4 children with over the last 15 years.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

Was pleasant but did nothing to help my sons diarrhea issues, instead she focused only on his weight which is in the lower range but my husband and I are not big and he's a healthy boy otherwise. She gave us pages of more fattening drink recipes all including dairy despite us telling her my son was lactose intolerant. Overall not very happy the appointment or how she treated the situation and she did not help at all with what we came to see her about. Have since been sent to the GI clinic at ACH and they are fantastic!

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Goes above and beyond in her job. My son LOVES her. Very supportive, takes time to explain things (ie medications) and answers your questions in plain easy to understand language.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2011

my son was a patient of Dr.Cardwell for many years, she always has taken the time to answer all of our questions and concerns. She is excellent at talking with kids who are shy about their medical issues. I wish she treated them after 18.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2011

Dr. Cardwell has always been understanding and compassionate. She remembered us having seen us once 10 years prior. I always say we have the best pediatrician in the city. Her office staff could be friendlier, they say no abuse is tolerated, I wish that went both ways.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2011

She is beyond amazing. she had great knowledge about the rare disorder my son has. She was on time and prepared. As down to earth as they come. best experience i have ever had with a doctor. THANK YOU!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2010

She is one of the most compassionate, competent and caring physicians I have ever had to deal with my handicapped children. I trust and respect her tremendously and am thankfull to have had her as my childrens pediatrician for 18years.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2010

wonderful with parents and children--especially those with special needs. parent and patient are each considered.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

A very compassionate doctor. Takes her time to get to know the kids and is very gentle doing her physical examination. If she does not have an answer to the problem she goes the extra mile to find it or to find someone who does.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010