Ratings for Dr. M.T. Serink

He seem knowledgeable on our first meeting when he examine my ankle injury. But it was worngly diagnosed & he neither listen to me nor answer my questions. All he keep saying to me is to wear a brace & keep coming a few months later. Now 14 months after the initial injury, I am still in pain and have a bone lesion not a sprained ankle. Do NOT go see this doctor, it is not worth it.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

Dr. Serink performed surgery on my very painful bunions on both feet several months ago. My feet look great now and I can finally walk without pain, after all these years of suffering because of my bunions. He's very blunt and told me exactly what to expect during my recovery period. But I'd rather have a doctor who tells me the facts than someone who tries to sugarcoat the truth. The only complaint I really have is that he always seems to be behind schedule, even first thing in the morning. I would definitely recommend him to anyone thinking about having surgery on their feet.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

I saw doctor Serink about an MCL sprain. He seemed very rushed but knowledgeable when explaining my situation but had terrible bed side manner. He then demonstrated how easy it was to dislocate a knee just to show me how lucky I was that this has never happened before. You read that right, he dislocated my good knee. I didn't even get an apology only a short "it will be better in a couple of weeks" the rushed out, most likely embarrassed. That is just not right. Eight months latter both knees are still in bad shape and I'm off to see another specialist (Dr.Shearer). Do not see him. It is not worth it. Ask a physiotherapist about Serink if you have no other choice. He may be able to recount a few other stories similar to mine off the record.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

The receptionist was a Chinese lady who was rude when she provided me with the direction on how to get there. I waited for 30-40 min when I arrived on time. Dr.Serink said that there was a problem with my cartilage and took out a marker and started DRAWING ON MY KNEE without my consent. When I tried to stop him, he told me that it was washable - but I was wearing shorts on that day, that meant I had to walk around with that! He said I needed an MRI, but did not provide me with info on how to get on the government's waitlist. Instead, he told me to spend $500 and I could get it "the next day." He would not commend on the possible cost of the surgery and the possible time off work. He told me to get an MRI done (privately) and then we would talk. I wonder why he pushed me towards the private route. He was a nice gentleman, but I wished he could explain more and give me more options to think about. After all, $500 is a lot of money.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2009

After a long wait I Finally was able to see Dr.Serink but my hopes were dashed when he told me that he does not do shoulders anymore and he will refer me to another doctor.So anybody waiting to see him for shoulder save your time and find somebody else, he did not even wanted to advise me what I should do to my shoulder physio etc. while I am waiting to see another doctor.Just for info I have full thickness tear in my shoulder.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2009

Not impressed with the doctors report being referred to as a large over weight 46 year old. Could choose better words.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

After reading the report which was sent to my doctor, I really don't appreciated being referred as a large over weigh 46 year old. Could use better words.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2009

I was quite impressed on how he explained what was going on with my knee and what to expect. Gave some good advise on how to be comfortable for a while and that surgery is not always the answer but in the future it might have to be. Receptionist welcomed me with a smile on her face and we had a nice chat while I waited for my appointment.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2009

Seems good in fixing the stuff under the skin, in this case knee. Terrible with the listening. Terrible with remembering people. But, then again, we were not having coffee, were we!? Strange thing is I got a bill, from out of area, for a general exam. HUH? I paid for him to listen to my heart and taking my blood pressure. Maybe he can hear it all by twisting my knee?????? He got his money, but that sure is strange. He also said I had a history of problems before he did surgery. I learned this because my family doc offered arthritis meds when I got home and saw him. I don't have arthritis!!?? Good at the surgery, but all this other stuff is very strange.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

my mom was in a MVA six years ago. fractured tibia, fibia, ankle, wrist, ribs, orbatal socket, etc.... an absolute mess. apart from being lucky to survive, he saved her limbs and has been 100% straight up from the begging. he advised, "lose weight, you will have arthritis before 60, and we may fuse your ankle." he may not be the most polished dr, but has been 100% up front, which is what you need. if you want things sugar coated and you need to be codled with false expecations, go see someone else. he's a surgical genius and should be commended for his brilliant sugeries. well done and keep up the good work.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009