Ratings for Dr. Alexander T. Augoustides

I first went to this Dr years ago seeking help for medical conditions that I couldn't find elsewhere. I was referred to him by a local compounding pharmacist who warned me he could be blunt but was really good with my condition. Being my first visit, I was nervous. The very first thing out of his mouth, after a glance at me, was "How many times have you been married?" I stuck with him because I needed the help. He has helped me a lot with my physical condition. I am better now and have learned a lot. My last visit was a very bad experience with him. I will not say what he did. But I know and he knows. When I left my last visit, a quote came to mind. "A person may forget what you say. They may forget what you did. But they will never forget how you made them feel". Needless to say, that was my last visit. If you have deep pockets and have no need to be respected, then you will love this Dr and his office.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

I went to Dr. Augoustides because so many other physicians didn't listen to me and failed to order specific tests the I thought could help define my medical conditions. Dr. A. diagnosed me with leaky gut syndrome and hypothyroidism. I've been using his protocols and medicine for several years. I've experienced an improvement in many areas of my life - not just the physical realm. Talking to Dr. A has also help me realize the importance of developing areas within my life that bring me joy. I've never had a doctor talk to me about the importance of cultivating joy. He truly is a life giving healer dedicated to his patients improving their health and happiness. If I had continued seeking advice from the machinations of modern "medicine", I'd be on all kinds of "life" maintenance drugs, if I was still alive at all. It's great to have a doctor who listens.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

I went to Dr Augoustides a few years ago. I still take the same supplements he recommended and I am a healthy 59 year old that does not have to take any prescriptions. He is a doctor that heals and does not just treat symptoms like most of the MDs out there! I do believe the body can heal itself under the right conditions. Dr Augoustides is the one to see to find what those conditions are! As stated in the other reviews, he is not your regular run of the mill doctor, and if you want a bandaid you need to see someone else.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

I was one of Dr. Wards very first patients in his practice. I was 23 when I was first sent to him by another Doctor who could not determine why I was having my health issue. I am now 64 and was a patient of Dr. Ward's until his passing. I did not believe anyone could help me like Dr. Ward but Dr. Augoustides has proven me wrong. Dr. Augoustides has identified and helped me with health issues I did not even know I had. He has addressed the cause of my health issues not just the symptoms. I have recommended him to several of my friends. If you want a doctor with exceptional skills and truly addresses the cause and not just the symptom then Dr. A is your doctor. During my appointments he carefully looks over my file and plans the best procedures going forward for my healing. He has a caring and kind staff and both Dr. A and his staff have taken care of me for years as though I were family. He is not your standard doctor and he truly cares about his patients well being.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

He always looks for the underlying problem and gives a solution for it. I have seen him for 7 years now and I feel like he really cares about fixing anything that goes wrong with me. In the past 7 years I have been sick once. I am a bodybuilder and have had many joint/tendon issues that he has managed to clear up instead of prescribing prescription drugs. He has also helped me with food digestion issues. If you want your problem fixed and to told why it's there....you need to give him a visit. If you want a quick easy fix that lasts like a bandaid....see another doctor.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2015

I cannot say enough positive things about Dr. Augoustides! Contrary to another reviewer's opinion, Dr. Augoustides is the only doctor who has listened to me, and my only wish is that I had found him 35 years ago. Yes, I had suffered for 35 years with a problem other doctors brushed off as "in my head," which was really "in my gut." I haven't felt this good in years, I've lost weight, I'm active (and not sleeping 18+ hours a day) and on the road to recovery. I travel 250 miles to see him!!

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

flag | Submitted August 17, 2014

THINKS he's brilliant. Doesn't listen to a word his patient says. Never helps with any medical problem. Dr. Ward would be extremely displeased with his replacement. He thought he had someone like him & he got the total opposite!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Alexander T. Augoustides's Credentials

• Univ Of Cape Town, Fac Of Med, Cape Town, So Africa (Grad. 1985)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Winston-Salem, NC