Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Dubose

This Dr demeans you every chance you get, also he acts likes you should know everything. My wife can't stand him...

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Dr. Dubose is one of the kindest persons of I ever met. He always has an approachable demeanor even when his chips are down. Please don't forget that even doctors are people with a full gamete of problems on their plate. I would actually like to take him to the driving range and see what he has.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2014

Pompous! Very selfish person and errogant! Rude demeanor.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2014

I think Dr Dubose is a great doctor. He is the first doctor to listen to me and be open to multiple ideas and medications. I would recommend Dr Dubose to anyone in chronic pain.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2014

I feel so lucky to have been highly referred to Dr. Dubose from my physical therapist. He has been 100% available, supportive & helpful on a regular basis & in my darkest hours when I actually thought I could not go on if my back pain wasn't alleviated. He has gone way above & beyond what I would expect a Dr. to do; including caring about my level of pain & ability to live my life in any typical capacity. He is efficient, knowledgeable & answers my wife's (thousands) of questions patiently & thoroughly. He has a great sense of humor & I actually look forward to seeing him for my examinations. I am so impressed that I'm in & out in a timely manner & have never had to wait my life away! It's important to remember this Dr. is a man...not God. He can't will your pain to be gone; but he will work (harder than any other Dr. I have ever been to) to do what he can to support your body healing itself with the least amount of emotional & physical pain possible.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2014

First off, I don't understand the negative posts with Dr. DuBose. The only thing I can conclude is that people only search a site like this when they have a complaint & life goes on for the hundreds of us that he has taken care of that don't post about his fine & very satisfying, treatment. I for one, have seen him in Boise since I relocated from the northeast in January 2000. He has served me well for 12 years as far as diagnosing my injuries as well as managing my pain with modern medicine & techniques. He is very compassionate & understands the drawbacks of living life in pain & treats that accordingly. I only have a new doctor now being that he had relocated, but I have recommended many to him with no complaints at all in their pain management treatment. I'm far from alone. He is a professional in his profession through & through.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

This Dr. did not believe me and in fact said I was "crazy" (a bit outside of his area of expertise) when I didn't respond to his treatment. He then threatened to stop my current pain med. and said "I would feel like I would die but that I wouldn't". I has since gotten a correct diagnosis and my severe headaches, which turned out to be a side-effect from a different medicine, are pretty much gone. If you need help with anything painful I would stay clear of this guy. He practices and I do mean practices medicine poorly.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2013

Dr. DuBose is fairly knowledgeable about the art of interventional pain medicine and medication management. However, I would have to say he has a problem with speaking to his patients (I included). There will be times where he asks you a question in a childlike tantrum, such as, "Well, what do you want me to do today? What/Why are you here?" There are also times where he will demean you about your pain, regardless of who is in the room. In addition, he will set things up for you, but then expect you to tell him if you went or not. Finally, his suggestion for pain relief is seemingly always methadone - even if your pain doesn't require that strong of an opiate. Seeing him smile is rare, but when you do see it, you can't help but smile right back. If you're not proactive in helping him to treat your pain, I'd suggest seeing another pain specialist in the clinic.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2012

Dr. DuBose is very compassionate. If a patient has legitimate pain issues, he will take very good care of that patient. Biggest issue is the staff. Sometimes they are OK, sometimes really poor. Seldom are they great.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Does not communicate well with the patient. Seems to be rushing through the appt. Does not explain treatment in laymen terms. Entire office visit is confusing. Did not check results from tests he ordered. After multiple appointments never received pain relief.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2010

Dr. Richard A. Dubose's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1985)