Ratings for Dr. Randy J. Tryon

Pushes harsh drugs when not at all necessary. I have worked with the geriatric population since I was sixteen and my mother has been administrator of an adult day care for 25 years. I understand when it is necessary to provide medication and when it is not necessary. Ordered family member a medication that he was allergic to AFTER they had already discovered he was allergic months ago. After a round of antibiotics, Tryon said there was no need for probitics to be given. This caused thrush which in turn caused family member to not be able to eat or drink. He couldn’t eat for 5 days. When thrush was treated he finally was able to eat and drink. Tryon almost killed him. He also asked for a narcotic to be given because this family member was “getting too agitated with the nurses”. This is impossible because my family member had gone 5 days without food or water and they had very little strength left. We watched the nurses change him and there was no issue. No need for the narcotic. When this family member was finally cleared of all meds other than a pain reliever, they were able to speak clearly and had no rigidness to their movements. He had not been able to speak for months and his movements were very calm and controlled. He was finally able to scratch his head with his own hand and had not been able to get his hand to reach his head in months! If your family member has dementia, DO NOT take them to Tryon. He will take advantage of your loved one and will tell you that all symptoms are related to dementia. I KNOW dementia. I have studied it and worked with the population for years, none of this was necessary.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Excellent care, sometimes running late because he truly spends whatever time needed with each patient. Easy to reach when needed.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

Excellent Doctor but appointments are normally behind schedule

flag | Submitted July 14, 2009

The doctor touched my heart as he would kneel and pray with me at the end of each visit. He loved his Father and he lives it. The bast physician I've ever had. Unfortunately, I lost my insurance.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2008

Dr. Randy J. Tryon's Credentials

• Univ De Montemorelos, Esc De Med, Montemorelos, Nuevo Leon, Mexico (Grad. 1981)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Hendersonville, NC