Ratings for Dr. Barry A. Eichenbaum

A horrible experience.During my visits to Coral Gables Eye Care 9 MONTHS ago,I paid for everything (including the contact lens fitting,box of contact lenses,etc)OUT OF MY POCKET so I could use the full benefit of my vision plan to buy glasses wherever I would choose to spend my money.They ended up charging ME and ALSO my insurance benefits,so they charged for the same services TWICE.I went back and asked them to write out a detailed receipt for me showing everything I paid for since they never gave me an itemized receipt.Sill, another eye glass store and my insurance told me today that doctor Eichenbaum has still not signed and faxed back a form to confirm that his office billed my benefits in “error” so this billing “error” can be reversed and I can finally use the benefits of my vision plan that they should have never charged me for in the first place.So now I have still not been able to get a pair of glasses.And this is after the situation was supposedly fixed several weeks ago.

flag | Submitted September 13, 2010

I went to Dr. Eichenbaum for a Lasik consultation. After being a contact lens patient of his for 7 years, I was so happy to find out I was a candidate. He provided me with excellent pre and post-operative care. He was very thorough and caring. Now I have 20/15 vision, which is miraculous. But I still go to him for a yearly check up and to get great deals on designer sunglasses.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2008

This guy is good to go. He knows what he is doing and cares very much about my eyes.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2008

Went to a doctor for general medicine because I suffered from terrible headaches. He reffered me to an optometrist (not the one I'm rating) and I found out that Eichenbaum gave me the wrong prescription. Then last week I wake up with a terrible pain in my eye and he says that it was just my contacts that caused the irritation. He sent me some eye drops which didn't work.I was in terrible pain. The next day I decided to go to the reffered doctor and I found that I had six ulcers in my cornea. This doctor is just interested in getting patients out quickly and doesn't care for his patients health.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2005

Dr. Barry A. Eichenbaum's Credentials

• Pacific Medical College (Grad. 1979)