Ratings for Dr. Carol Temins

I adore Dr Temins as do all my family.. she is tge nicest person I know.. soft spoken, caring and willing to listen. Makes you feel important. .Her staff on the other hand has been very rude and condescending on many occasions. .one day I was just down the hall at my pediatrician office..I called to see if I could quickly be seen as I was very sick and beloved I may need a chest xtay..of course as always, every time I call her office the staff say she is double or triple booked and I can't be seen. I resorted to the walk in as usual.. when coming out of xray I ran into Dr Temins.. told her I was very sick and tried to get in to see her but couldn't. . Needless to say she looked a bit puzzled when I told her what the staff had told me. ..even when I have managed to get in when she is "double booked", there is never anyone in the waiting room.. weird... I love her regardless and will always try to go see her when I can get sick on the staffs schedule ..

flag | Submitted August 3, 2016

The Best there is out there, absolutely love her and her staff !! You go girl !!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

Dr Temins is one of the most compassionate and thorough physicians. I feel blessed to have her as my doctor. I would rather drive 1.5 hours to see her than to finf a doctor closer to me.I have always found her staff to be helpful and friendly. She has been my doctor since 1989. Catherine Jenereaux

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I have been going to dr Temins for over 20 years . She had been an amazing doctor ,amazing human being . Always helpful knowledgable She wears a lot of "hats" I hope she will never retire.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2014

I have known dr. Temins for many years, and I would not give her up for anything...incredibly understanding and helps in any way she can...I had a kidney surgery back in 1997, and not only was she there before the surgery, she was also there during and also came in to see me most days during my stay in the hospital...I have no complaints whatsoever, my family all see her as well and feel the same way as I do. I hope she does not retire for a very very long time.....so hard to find a good doctor, so if you are lucky enough to see dr. Temins, stay with her, I know I am....

flag | Submitted August 6, 2014

Dr T has been our family doctor for over 20yrs. She is an outstanding G.P, very caring, empathetic, always gives you lots of her time. However, her reception staff are horrendous! They are rude, miserable and seem to hate their job? Trying to get an appointment is impossible unless I can wait a few days or longer...I call on Monday because I am sick and am told "nothing until Thursday"...If I`m sick enough to need to see a doctor, i can not wait a few days. I am at the point where my family will go to a walk-in clinic (which I hate!! and would dearly love to see my own family doctor)rather than go through the trying ordeal of dealing with the miserable receptionist only to be constantly told,"she has nothing today or tomorrow".... If I am unwell the last thing I need is to go through that!!(God help any patients who are depressed or suicidal!)This seems to be a common complaint with this practice, so for the life of me I don`t understand why these people still have jobs??

flag | Submitted April 8, 2011

I dont think I need to say how great of a doctor Carol is. But the staff?!? The worst! I have told Dr. Temins that I have been looking for another dr because I can't deal with her staff anymore. They are rude, loud, and stuck up. The worst one is the one with the bushy red hair. She seems like a very unhappy person. I wish Dr.Temins would read these comments and do something about her staff!?

flag | Submitted November 16, 2010

I actually look forward to going to see the doctor! Words can't express how much gratitude I have for being on Dr. Temins' patient list. She makes even the most dreaded appointments favourable. I'm thankful that she's still young...I don't know WHAT I'd do if my unborn kids didn't have her as a GP, let alone me! When she retires, it'll be a sad, sad day for the medical profession. We love you Dr. Temins! Keep up your awesome work! You are truly one of a kind!

flag | Submitted June 18, 2009

She is the best! Genuinely caring and compassionate when you are most vulnerable. She is not particularly supportive of alternative medicine/ideas, probably because she wasn't thus trained, but respectful anyway. However, her staff has no such bedside manners, and have reduced me to tears in my difficult moments by their rudeness and annoyance. They treat patients with irritation, disdain, as if you are bothering them. They don't bother to lower their voice when asking personal questions; don't acknowledge you at the counter for some time. Refused to make me a hard copy of the results the doc had just shared with me, telling me to come back another time to pick them up. Refused to mail them even though I didn't drive. Treated me with such rudeness when I was miscarrying and called with a question... Need I say more? They need to understand that when you're ill, a smile, speaking with kindness is a must. It doesn't require more time... just a heart that cares, like Dr. Temins'.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2009

The best doctor I ever had. I moved back to BC 14 years ago and have not had a decent doctor since. I guess I was spoiled with Dr Temins. She was always ready to listen and I never had the impression that she was in a rush to get rid of me. I also got the feeling that she really cared about how I was feeling. I wish she'd move to Vancouver '-)

flag | Submitted December 17, 2008